"For Justice" The Justice League RPG IC Thread

Byrd Man

El Hombre Pájaro
Reaction score
24osopg.jpg

"The Justice Society may teach you how to be a hero... and the Titans may teach you how to be a family... but the League -- sure, it teaches you how to protect, but from the very start -- the League teaches you how to fight."

Alone, they are some of the world's greatest champions. Strong enough to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Smart enough to be dozens of moves ahead of their opponents. Fast enough to crisscross the globe in the blink of an eye. As powerful as they are separately, together they are so much more. Across the world, and across time and space, they fight for peace, they fight for hope, they fight for a better tomorrow. They fight for justice.

They are the Justice League. In the face of evil, they stand united.

Byrd Man - Gamemaster

RULES

• This game will follow a strict RPG format, with the Gamemaster moving the story along, NPCing important characters, and offering scenarios for the players to play out. Please follow the story beats as set up by the GM as best as you can.
  • You can choose to be any Justice League affiliated superhero, as long as they:
Are NOT deities, gods, or people such as Shazam the Wizard. People like Superman are okay, but keep in mind that they..

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character, such as NO Pre-Crisis Superman, no moving planets, sneezing away the Milky Way, no amnesia kiss.

• Don't kill people without reason.
  • Don't randomly kill NPC's.

• You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Black Canary will lose against Superman one on one, but may be able to use her allies to help her out or she can run away.

• Don’t kill a PC unless you have a plan to bring them back.
    Don’t kill your character when you quit the RPG, this robs a person from playing that character.

• If there is a problem between you and another player,
    or if you have question's please talk to the gamemaster.

• There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts.
    There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.

• No obscene topics!

• Act like your character; ASSUME their traits and personality...
People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED by the GM. If need be a Moderator will be called in.

For more of the ‘rules’ see- RPG Etiquette

ROSTER

For an updated roster, please see the Out of Character (OOC Thread)

For those who are new to Role-Playing...
For all your RPG needs!

Earth-27

Emperor Darius IX was never an emperor, he was a conqueror. In his command was a military that spanned the galaxy. But with no foes, it had begun to grow rusty. The last decent conflict, the war with those slug people in the Milky Way's second spiral arm, was nearly fifteen years ago.

But that had all changed six months earlier. His scientists had discovered a way to cross into other dimensions. Recon teams had been dispatched into the alternate worlds and had come back with reports. The world Darius picked was a unique choice. It was filled with people who had special abilities, protectors of the Earth. It would be a tough battle, but it would be his battle to win. In short, this world of superpeople gave him what he had longed to have: a challenge.

The Admiral was radiant as he overlooked the ongoing activities on the bridge of his airship, the fleet's flagship Victorious.His 6'6, 256 pound muscular frame was draped in the dress uniform of a full admiral. On his right hip was a cutlass in a holster, a blaster was mounted on his left hip. Below him, a fleet of airships and fighters soared thousands of feet above the planet.

He snapped his fingers and a communications officer handed him a mic. "Now here this," he said. "This is the Admiral. In a few minutes, we will cross the planes into the alternate dimension. Remember your assignments and your job. Bring glory to yourselves, your family, and your emperor. Admiral out."

In front of the fleet, portals stretched across the sky and the Admiral's forces began to advance through.

New Earth
Home to the Justice League

All across the globe, the airships poured through the doorways and began their mission. Three airships appeared above the city of San Diego and began to launch fighters and bombers from their hold. Their target was the US Navy's docked Third Fleet. Two ships began their assault on Moscow.

A hundred miles off the coast of Mainland China, a dozen of the Admiral's airships engaged in combat with the People's Republic's Eastern Fleet. Another section of airships descended on America's eastern seaboard. Fighters bombers, and airships attacked cities everywhere from Metropolis to Miami.

While his air navy went to work engaging the world's military, the Admiral's flagship appeared above Washington DC. The ship hovered just a few hundred feet above the Washington Monument while the Admiral barked orders out to his crew.

Hundreds of miles above the Earth, the Justice League's satellite station spun in orbit. J'onn J'onzz, the Martian Manhunter, surveyed the situation going on below. Thousands of people's thoughts filtered through his mind. Flying ships had appeared out of nowhere and had started attacking global capitals. J'onn momentarily tuned out the cries for help and instead focused on a select few people, the six other members of the Justice League.

~Martian Manhunter to Justice League. There is a situation happening all across the globe. Our attention is required.~

greenlanternf.png

My name is Hal Jordan.

A few years ago, longer back than I care to even remember, I was drafted by an alien lifeform on his deathbed into a league of interplanetary space cops led by The Guardians of The Universe. They called themselves The Green Lantern Corps, and according to them, I was the first human being ever chosen to serve among their ranks. The ring chose me, as it choses every Corpsman, for the ability to overcome fear - it claimed that I was able to push aside every lingering doubt in my mind and step up to become a hero worthy to wield it's power.

Most people mistake that quality for being fearless. I never claimed to be that. Hell, one of my earliest memories of life - perhaps the most important moment of my entire life - was a nightmare realized whenever I lost my father in a test flight gone awry. I was only eleven years old when it happened, and it taught me a very valuable lesson: that death is inescapable. Inevitable. Over the years, especially since becoming a Green Lantern, I've often theorized that it was that truth which spurned me on to learn how to master my fears. To understand death's inevitability is to understand the real power of fear.

Even after I actually died myself - as a disgraced murderer and genocidal maniac known as Parallax - I gained no greater knowledge than that hard fact. For years, I would wander between the realms of the living and the dead while joined to the spirit of vengeance known as The Spectre, paying attention to every insight I could get my hands on. It was all I had left at the time, really. But underhis vengeful hand, I quickly realized that he had no guidance to give. I was never happier than the day I was allowed to leave that world and resume my life on Earth. That was when I knew I could do some real good again. That was when I knew I could finally atone for the evils that had turned me into a monster.

So here I am. Ready to fight the good fight again and make all of that a distant memory.

I wish I could say that with all that I've experienced, with everything crazy that I've seen and done across the cosmos, that I would have learned not to fear death most of all.

"Kyle, watch out!"

"ARGH!"

But the truth is, I still do. And I always will.

To be a Green Lantern doesn't mean to be fearless. Because it's impossible.

We're just better at hiding it than others.

"Jeez, Rayner. What the hell was that? I'd have dodged that shot like it was nothin'."

"Shut it, Guy. Kyle, you hear me? You okay, man?"

Kyle Rayner's eyes flutter back open, lying in the dirt ruins of a planet once known as Cellestai-8. Until recently, it was a barren wasteland that had been apart of a galaxy decimated by Manhunter robots, as apart of it's "cleansing" protocol that deemed all lifeforms unfit to their own brand of martial law. The survivors of the attack were moved out of the system years ago, reconveined on Mogo for a brief time until a suitable environment could be found.

Now the planet's in the middle of a civil war. Qward, the weaponer planet, recently became overthrown by a hostile group of aliens calling themselves The Cellestials. They claimed to be apart of the race that founded the eight planets of this system, and challenged every neighboring star system to oppose their tyrannical rule. Otherwise they were going to take all eight planets back and become a pretty dominating prescence in the universe. Naturally, given that five of the eight planets had been repopulated, there was some opposition to the threat.

So now we're here. Trying our best to keep the peace between warring factions, but ultimately giving them more targets. Kyle, who was once considered the ringbearer of the once-fallen Corps, just learned that firsthand with a pretty devastating stun to the back. I land next to Guy Gardner and John Stewart, our backup, and offer him a hand.

"You guys worry to much. He'll be fine. Just a little laser burn, nothing we've never seen before. Right, kid?"

I flash him a grin that he returns, gratefully grabbing my hand and pulling himself up.

"R-Right. I guess. Ouch."

John punches me in the arm. "We worry too much? Look who's talking. You looked like you were about to have a stroke when he got hit. You showing us your softer side, old man?"

I chuckle that one off, taking off into the skies.

"We'll see who's getting geriatric, John. Last one to dismantle the Cellestial army buys us all a round. Deal?"

Guy takes off after me, joining me in flight. For all of his tough talk and abrasiveness, he's an asset to the team. I just hope that one day, he learns how to think with his brain, rather than his mouth.

"I ain't getting suckered into that one again, Jordan. I still remember the last bet we made. Still haven't made my rent in a month."

Kyle and John enter the fray, firing off at our attackers as we tow the line.

"Not our faults that you never take anything seriously, bowlcut."

"Insulting the hair now? I'll have you know, I've gotten laid off of this fine comb-over..."

"Yeah, how was he, anyhow?"

The three of us laugh, as Gardner trails behind, muttering under his breath.

"You'll get your's, Stewart..."

As we all fly into the revene, ready to take on the remainder of the approaching troops that are trying to destroy a local village, something happens that even after all these years, I'll probably never get used to. A familiar voice comes booming into my head, louder than any of my surroundings. Which is pretty impressive, given the hostile conditions of the planet right now.

~Martian Manhunter to Justice League. There is a situation happening all across the globe. Our attention is required.~

In the midst of flight, I come to a stop. Justice League business? Now, when we're in the middle of this? I nearly tell myself that it had better be important, but I already know how foolish that sounds. Of course it's important. League priority always is. And while I hate to take prescedence with anything over the struggles of a people less fortunate than any four of us, Earth is my home. Anything happening there is my priority aswell.

"Guys, I'm getting a telepathic message from J'onn. Something's happening on Earth. League priority."

Kyle narrowly dodges another blast, having learned his mistake from earlier.

It's odd to think that at one time, we have all been a member of the Justice League. I was one of the founders. John was brought in soon after, even helped design Batman's original plans for the Watchtower. Guy was apart of the International years, and occasionally still lends his hand to the former members of that group. And Kyle, well - he had the toughest time of all. Replacing a rank left void by me, after I turned into Parallax.

But if anyone understands the urgency, it's him. I almost want to tell him to take my place, but the message wasn't for him.

"If J'onn's the one saying it, it's gotta be important, right?"

gl3-3.png

"Go. I'll cover you on the way out."

"Are you sure you can all handle this? I know what it means to get a call like that, but what's happening here is just as important."

"Relax, would ya? We're not all living legends like you, Jordan. There's a reason they called your ass back to Earth instead of the rest of us. You're needed there. We've got this."

"For once, Guy's right. Anything major happens here, we know where to find a couple thousand reinforcements to back us up. You go tackle the League's mission."

Hesitantly, I nod to the four of them and begin to fly in the other direction.

"Kyle, keep these kids under control while I'm gone. I don't want to hear about any bickering."

Kyle gives me a salute. "Aye, aye, captain."

"Bickering? Since when do we ever..."

"Since always, probably."

"No one asked you!"

I shake my head and fly off, heading out into open space to find the nearest path to my own galaxy.

"Green Lantern here. I'm on my way to Earth now, J'onn."

441981images.jpg

"You can fill me in when I get there."

logouom.jpg

“Sigh.”

Jason Rusch didn’t just sigh, he actually said it out loud as he walked up to the counter of snack palace Mickey D’s. Just to be clear, he wasn’t walking up to the front. He was behind the counter, wearing the white and red uniform that was part of the establishment’s dress code and the little hat that went along with it.

“How may I help you?” he asked with a put-on smile.
“Uhm,” the man in front of the counter already started hesitantly. He was easily twice as big as Jason, but the same height. He was wearing a shirt with a familiar S. “I’ll have the Superburger, two Flash cola’s, the Green Lantern onion rings and a few Wondernuggets. Oh, and give me a Booster bar. You do have those right?”
Jason nodded and he turned to get the man’s order. But just as he asked the man what kind of dip he wanted with that, he was hit by a telepathic message.

“Manhunter green sauce, please.”
Jason didn’t respond as he looked wide-eyed at the photo plastered all over the packaging of the snack food. It was a publicity shot of the Justice League, with all of its big names. And just to get this out of the way now, Firestorm wasn’t included. But maybe he would be soon, Jason couldn’t help but think.

“Uh, what was that?”
“Manhunter green.”
“Right,” Jason replied as he quickly grabbed a handful of packets from the tray and immediately turned to dump the full order in the waiting man’s hand. Before that man could say anything, Jason had run away from the counter and out into the alley behind the Mickey’s. He left his hat on the counter.
“I don’t need to pay for this?”

Outside, Jason was frantically pushing the buttons on his phone and cursing as he messed up the number. Finally, he got it right and put the phone to his ear. It rung for what felt like hours to John, before the connection was finally picked up on the other side.

“Hey, Jason--” the female voice started, but she was quickly interrupted.
“Gehenna, get here now!”
“Bossy…”
“Gehenna, please! It’s the Justice League! They need me!”
Suddenly, the connection was lost.
“Gehenna?” (It’s pronounced juh-HENH-uh, by the way)

Jason’s shoulders slumped and he was shaking his head, until suddenly Gehenna appeared beside him (she’s a teleporter).

“Baby--” he started, but now she interrupted him.
“This better be about saving the world,” she said as she grabbed onto him. “I was watching Gossip Girl.”
He smiled at her (she smiled back) and a bright light enveloped them.

gotowork.jpg

“It’s time for Firestorm to go to work!”
“Yeah yeah, just hurry up!”
Firestorm heeded his girlfriend’s words and called out mentally: “Mr. J’onnz? Can you hear me? Where do you need us—uh, me?”

TheFlash_DC_logo.jpg

"Patty? Hey, it's Barry," I say into my phone as I examine hair follicles under a microscope. "I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to be late for dinner tonight."

"Again, Barry?" she says with a sigh. "I thought you said you weren't going to work late."

"I know, I know," I say with guilt, "But I just found something regarding the Drearden case that I think is going to change the entire course of the investigation."

This is one of those days where I both love and hate my job as a forensics detective. On the one hand, determining that the hairs found at the scene of an apparent suicide were not those of the victim implies that there was someone else at the scene, further implying foul play, which leads us a step closer to bringing a murderer to justice. On the other hand, it means I'm going to have to do hours and hours and hours of testing and double-checking in order to validate my suspicions.

Which means that I won't be able to go to dinner with Patty Spivot. Which means she's going to be mad at me for the rest of the week.

"Right," she says, her voice full of disappointment. "Well.....should we try again tomorrow night?"

"I dunno, it shouldn't be that bad," I say. "I don't think we have to cancel the whole night, just make it, say.....an hour late?"

Before I can hear her answer, a voice reverberates through my skull, a thought that isn't my own pushing all other thoughts and sensations aside with alarming authority.

J'onn is sending us a psychic message.

" *sigh*.....better make it two hours, actually," I say, before hanging up the phone and opening up the ring on my finger.

First things first, I need to assess the situation. That takes roughly twenty seconds; I circled the planet twice to get the full scope of what's going on, taking extra time to pull innocent people out of the direct line of fire.

Spaceships. Thousands of them. All over the world. Earth is the target for a full-blown alien invasion.

I can never help but feel out of my depth when this sort of thing happens. Bank robbers? No problem. Natural disasters? I can get people out of harm's way before they even realize that they're in it. Psychic gorillas and freeze-ray-wielding lunatics? All in a day's work. But a planetary invasion? This is more along the lines of Superman or Hal's territory.

Still, just because I'm out of my comfort zone doesn't mean I'm not going to do as much as I can. And no one can do as much in the same amount of time as me.

I'm on the job, J'onn, I think out loud as I weave between laser blasts somewhere in Beijing, pulling a family of four to safety. Do we have a plan?

Last edited:
supermanlogo.gif

Clark holds a fence post in place as his father Jonathan starts hammering it.

Clark says, "Dad I really wish you'd let me take care of this for you. I could have it all done in less than a minute."

Jonathan replies wiping sweat away from his forehead, "Son I appreciate the offer but there is a sense of satisfaction to doing a job yourself, being in the outdoors, fresh air and seeing progress on a long project ."

He looks at his son and says, "Besides I get to enjoy spending time with you."

Clark says, "And avoiding helping Ma make strawberry preserves by doing a project you've been avoiding since last year."

Jonathan shrugs his shoulders and says, "Guilty as charged. Besides your ma knows the surest way to get me going on this was to mention needing help with her preserves."

Clark chuckles and says, "Well as long as everyone is on the level with each other I guess all is right here in Smallville."

Jonathan says, "Very true Clark. You could go anywhere in the world for your vacation and you picked here. Why?"

Clark replies looking at the Kent Farm, "As much as I enjoy Metropolis and working at the Planet and from time to time flying like Dorothy once said there's no place like home."

Just then:

Clark suddenly looks very concerned and turns to his father and Jonathan says, "You just got a call for help."

Clark nods and Jonathan says, "Get going now. Your Ma and I will be fine. Be careful."

Clark looks around and sees no one around and says, "One parting gift before I go."

With super-speed and strength he bolts around the farm and finishes repairing the fence.

Clark looks at his father who says, "I guess now I can go organize the cellar."

Clark says, "Or help Ma. I think she can use a hand. Her arthritis is starting to act up again and make sure she saves me a jar of the preserves. "

Jonathan nods and says, "I will."

Father and son embrace for a moment and Clark says, "Take Care dad and tell Ma I'm sorry I had to go. I love you both."

Jonathan says, "We love you too son."

He brakes the embrace and says, "Now go on time's wastin' and people are waitin' for you."

Clark nods and sprints across the field. As he does he begins to change and within seconds Superman is in flight.

superman.jpg

I'm with you J'onn what's the problem.

Last edited:
Relaxing.

When Clark wants to get away from it all, he truly does. Locking himself away in his fortress, or out in deep space. I suppose it's the only way he can escape the constant barrage on his senses.

Bruce...I'm sure he must relax, but if I have a hard time picturing him doing so. Sadly, I wouldn't be surprised if it involved punching someone.

J'onn...eats cookies.

I return home. When the world of man becomes too draining to deal with, I reconnect with my sisters, spend time with my mother, commune with nature, and pray to my gods.

That's what refills my souls.

Which is why I sit on a hill overlooking the city on Themyscira. Dressed in a simply like my sisters, I let the sights, smells, and sounds of nature wash over me. It puts me back in touch with the world, giving me the sense of peace I need.

Who was it that said peace is just the lull between wars?

I quickly strip out of what I'm wearing and don my armor. Double checking my equipment, I kneel once more and say a quick prayer.

15rjxn6.jpg

"Hera, look down and bless and protect us and the people we fight for."

I lift off and fly back towards man's world, wondering what nightmare we face this day.

J'onn, where do you need me?

IC: BOO$TER GOLD!

(Switching to 3rd person from here on out...)

The overjoyed citizens of Metropolis all cheered as the latest of superheroic sensations, the one and only Booster Gold, made his way onto the scene, having just foiled a bank robbery... A bank robbery he knew was going to happen, mind you, but a robbery nonetheless.

"Look, it's Booster Gold!"

"Booster, over here!"

"Mr. Gold, can I have your autograph?"

"No autographs, please! ...Oh, okay. Autographs all around!" the gold-clad time traveler announced as the crowd swarmed around him.

Just then, as he began signing autographs for his devoted fans, a psychic message was heard throughout his mind.

"Sorry, everyone, but I have to cut this signing short. The Justice League needs me to help them save the day!"

"Yeah! Got get 'em, Booster!"

"Show them how a REAL hero does it!"

"Booster, you're so hot!"

"Remember, citizens! If you need a hero... Don't settle for anything less than the Gold standard!" Booster declared as he activated his suit's flight mechanism, taking off. The crowd roaring as they laid witness to the spectacle.

As he soared, his robotic sidekick, Skeets, in tow, Booster responded to the telepathic summon.

~Booster, here. S'up, J'onn. What have we got?~

martianmanhunterlogo.gif

After sending out my telepathic distress call, it brings much relief that majority of the members of The League were not tending to a supervillain crisis or two. And while Green Lantern is off planet, with the wonders of his power ring, he can arrive to one of the attacks in no time. I activate the teleporter on the Watchtower, allowing myself to arrive in San Diego, when I start to receive replies from the other members of the Justice League.

"Green Lantern here. I'm on my way to Earth now, J'onn."

"You can fill me in when I get there."

~The 'what' is rather simple and to the point: warships across the entire globe have appeared. The 'who' has not yet been determined.~

“It’s time for Firestorm to go to work!”
“Yeah yeah, just hurry up!”
Firestorm heeded his girlfriend’s words and called out mentally: “Mr. J’onnz? Can you hear me? Where do you need us—uh, me?”

I'm on the job, J'onn, I think out loud as I weave between laser blasts somewhere in Beijing, pulling a family of four to safety. Do we have a plan?

I'm with you J'onn what's the problem.

I lift off and fly back towards man's world, wondering what nightmare we face this day.

J'onn, where do you need me?

As he soared, his robotic sidekick, Skeets, in tow, Booster responded to the telepathic summon.

~Booster, here. S'up, J'onn. What have we got?~

~I have just arrived in San Diego myself. Firestorm, if you could aid me it would be much appreciated.~

~The Flash is already engaging the enemy in the mainland area of China. Green Lantern, give him aid as there is about a dozen of ships in the area. Wonder Woman once you dispatch the forces in Moscow do your best to further aid our two teammates in China.~

~Superman, you and Booster Gold are already within the vicinity of the many attacks on the Eastern Seaboard that seems to stretch from The City of Tomorrow all the way down to The Sunshine State.~

~Now, this leaves one area of the enemie's forces unattended. There appears to be a much larger ship at the nation's capitol in Washington DC. However such forces appear to be immobile and have not yet attacked. The moment that your area is dealt with, rendezvous to Washington DC. Provide aid to those that are in need of it on your way to the rendezvous point.~

logouom.jpg

You’d think a young superhero like Firestorm might need to get used to an alien voice in his head. On the contrary. Gehenna would disappear physically when she merged with her boyfriend, allowing him to play hero as Firestorm, but that didn’t mean she was gone. She was continually visible to Jason as a disembodied head, a familiar voice in his brain. Yes, imagine that: your girlfriend in your brain.

“Yes! Yes! The Manhunter is my favourite hero of all time!” she announced as they flew to San Diego. Jason frowned.
“Your favourite? Of all time?” he questioned.
She wrinkled her nose. “What’s the matter?”
“What about me?”
She rolled her eyes. “You’re great, honey, but c’mon. It’s the Martian Manhunter!”
“I guess.”
“Well, whose your favourite superhero then?”
Jason looked away from Gehenna face's mental image (say that ten times fast), then said: “I’d rather not say.”

Gehenna was about to respond, but they had arrived in San Diego. The mass of spaceships were already emptying with soldiers and machines. Firestorm quickly flew down to where the Martian Manhunter was.

Firestorm extended his hand eagerly. “It’s great to finally meet you, Mr. J’onzz!”
“Ditto!” Gehenna exclaimed mentally.

Long before I can reach Moscow, I find a small flotilla of alien craft headed the same way. I pick up speed and land on one of the larger ones. I drive my fist into the hull of the ship. I throw another punch to widen the hole, put both my hands in, and start prying the gap apart.

And quickly raise my arms to block the laser blasts from a small fighter sized ship that's spun around to stop me.

My bracelets deflect the blasts. One I am able to send back at the fighter. Another into the hull of the vessel I'm on. The small craft shutters and veers off. I don't think I did any real damage, but the hull of 'my' ship now has a nice gaping wound.

A pair of cannons rise from the hull. I lift into the air, and avoid their attacks while driving forward with my fists to slam my way inside. I drop to the floor of the upper deck. What I can only assume is an alarm starts up almost immediately. And the stomping of boots follows just after that.

But I know better than to get into a protracted fist fight when time is on the line. By the time the soldiers reach where I breached, all they find is the hole in the hull, and another in the floor below.

"Where is the intruder?!" the commander demands angriliy.

"It's been difficult to track the female, sir!" Internal defenses do not slow he down. And she-"

CLANG
CLANG
SMASH!

"-has been going through the walls."

"I assume this is the bridge?"

"Stop her!!!"

Several of the crew raise guns. I move quickly towards them. I take down two before needing to deflect their blasts. I grab one by the front of his uniform and toss him into another pair. I duck under another shot, driving a flying kick to the woman. Which leaves only one standing.

I hold up my lasso. "Trust me when I say you're going to tell me who you are, why you're attacking us, why you look human, and why you speak English."

He stands up tall. "I think not. Omicron-seven-seven-two-acht-enable!"

"What-?!"

The sky explodes as the ship bursts into flame. A few of the small craft near it are consumed as well. And from the wreckage falls a woman's form...

supermanlogo.gif

Superman rockets towards Metropolis when he hears J'onn detailing the situation.

Battling an invasion Force? Terrific. Not exactly the way I would be hoping to spend my vacation! This always happens though get ready for some R & R and then something like this, but I am always willing to serve in this war. That's why I call it the never ending battle.

He then hears J'onn tell him:

~Superman, you and Booster Gold are already within the vicinity of the many attacks on the Eastern Seaboard that seems to stretch from The City of Tomorrow all the way down to The Sunshine State.~

Superman responds:

Got it J'onn! Tell Booster meet me on top of the Daily Planet globe. I'll be there in less than 30 seconds. We'll co-ordinate out attack plan from there!

As Superman heads towards Metropolis one other thought crosses his mind:

A story this big why do I have the very uneasy feeling Lois will somehow get caught in the middle of a disaster? I love her but she is the most accident prone woman I've ever known.

He shakes his head as he approaches the Globe and lands seeing the Alien Armada fill the sky.

By Rao! This could take a while.

~Booster, Superman wishes for you to meet him atop the Daily Planet building to formulate an offensive strategy.~

~On it, J'onn.~

As Micheal continued his flight, he veered off to he west towards the Daily Planet to meet up with the leader of the League himself, the Man of Steel.

Sweet. I get to team up with Superman. This is going to give my PR a much needed boost!

However, before Booster could reach the Planet, he stopped as he awed at the fleets of starships that were invading the Metropolis skyline.

"Holy crap... Skeets! You have any clue as to what the hell these things are? Or who's in them?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm afraid my historical database has little to no information of the events taking place at this current point in the timeline."

"Greeeeaaat..." Micheal replied, continuing his flight to the Planet at a lower altitude in fear that he would be spotted and shot out of the sky. He didn't think his force field would be strong enough to protect him from the giant laser-guns lining the ships' undersides.

In moments, Mike finally made it to the home of Metropolis' most prestigious newspaper, landing of it's roof near the giant globe... To which Booster quickly took a moment to look at his own reflection in the golden globe.

After making sure his face was ready for the cameras that were sure to take his and Superman's pictures after this invasion force was stopped, he activated the communicator in his visor.

"Supes, this is Booster. I'm on top of the Daily Planet..."

Last edited:
The wind rushing over my skin feels so refreshing. Running across the ground, chasing after Donna in one of our practice combat sessions. It gets the heart racing and makes one feel alive.

And long after the session is finished, we rest on a hilltop to watch the clouds pass overhead. And the feeling of the wind rushing over me continues.

Wait. Why is the wind so strong on such a peaceful day?

I snap my eyes open at the sensation of air flowing swiftly past me, the dream lost to it. Out of instinct i try to slow my descent, and I do. But not enough to keep me from slamming into the ocean.

A part of my mind sends a silent thanks to Poseidon that I wasn't over land when I fell. Although the impact wouldn't have been that much more, truth be told. And instead of stopping quickly, I sink deep into the waters, all the breath knocked from me.

Keeping tight control over inhaling, I finally come to a stop and launch myself back up. I burst through the surface, deeply pulling in the fresh air with extreme satisfaction.

Back in the air, I pick up speed. It only takes a minute to catch up with the fleet headed to Russia. I pass by the first few at the rear and take out my lasso. Dodging several blasts, I spin around and throw my lasso out, catching one of the small fighters. It yanks me forward, pulling me along until I can fight against it's engines. There's a brief tug of war until I can apply pressure and spin the craft around me. It makes a wide arc until it plows into a larger vessel. This instantly gets the attention of the rest of the fleet.

Perfect.

I dive right in the middle of all the ships, making it impossible for them to attack me without hitting one another. I smile as the air fills with burnt ozone. This will be a fight worthy of an Amazon.

~Booster, Superman wishes for you to meet him atop the Daily Planet building to formulate an offensive strategy.~

~On it, J'onn.~

As Micheal continued his flight, he veered off to he west towards the Daily Planet to meet up with the leader of the League himself, the Man of Steel.

Sweet. I get to team up with Superman. This is going to give my PR a much needed boost!

However, before Booster could reach the Planet, he stopped as he awed at the fleets of starships that were invading the Metropolis skyline.

"Holy crap... Skeets! You have any clue as to what the hell these things are? Or who's in them?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I'm afraid my historical database has little to no information of the events taking place at this current point in the timeline."

"Greeeeaaat..." Micheal replied, continuing his flight to the Planet at a lower altitude in fear that he would be spotted and shot out of the sky. He didn't think his force field would be strong enough to protect him from the giant laser-guns lining the ships' undersides.

In moments, Mike finally made it to the home of Metropolis' most prestigious newspaper, landing of it's roof near the giant globe... To which Booster quickly took a moment to look at his own reflection in the golden globe.

After making sure his face was ready for the cameras that were sure to take his and Superman's pictures after this invasion force was stopped, he activated the communicator in his visor.

"Supes, this is Booster. I'm on top of the Daily Planet..."

supermanlogo.gif

Superman approaches Booster from behind and says, "Good we have a lot to do and not a lot of time before things get ugly."

Superman looks at the street below and sees that the Military is trying to aid in evacuating as many people as possible and says, "It's good to see that they're taking care of the people first frees us up to some of the dirty work."

Superman looks at the armada and says, "I've been to hundreds of planets and solar systems and these are not like anything I've seen, so a plan will have to call for some fast thinking and improvising."

He studies the ships with his X-Ray vision and says, "Even if we were to start bashing them the collateral damage by the explosion would be unreal. It would be like a barn burning in the middle of July"

Superman shakes his head and says, "Wait a minute the farm! Booster I think I got an idea!"

He hovers down to where the Atlantic Ocean is located and says to Booster, "Can you get to Star Labs and tell Dr. Hamilton I need project 14. It's an EMP Pulse Cannon and tell him that it's an emergency. If he asks anything else tell him I'm going to be doing inventory next week on some of the alien animals I have at the Fortress and he can come with me. That should ensure his cooperation, and he'll give you a crash course on how to work it so don't worry about that. Then I need you to meet me at these exact co-ordinates"

He uses his Heat vision to burn a small hole in the globe

He continues, "In 5 minutes exactly? This plan will only work if you can do this Booster. A second off and it's all over for the Eastern Seaboard."

Last edited:
greenlanternf.png

~The Flash is already engaging the enemy in the mainland area of China. Green Lantern, give him aid as there is about a dozen of ships in the area.~

If there was one thing that I was never good at, it was following orders. Used to get me in all kinds of trouble when I was a pilot, given that the chain of command were particularly strict when it came to showboating during field tests. Something that I could never really resist, given that a pretty girl named Carol was always watching me on the monitors. You'd think that inheriting a power ring of the Green Lantern Corps would show me a little humility, but if my superiors at Ferris were bad, The Guardians of the Universe have always been that much worse. And why not? They're millions of years old. You try being around that long and not gaining a bit of an ego.

However, The League is where I make an exception. Challenging authority got me into some pretty tight situations, during the team's early days. Even nearly got myself killed on more than one occasion, and unfortunately, that kind of behavior quickly started to put others at risk. Clark, Bruce, Diana... they all come with their own baggage, but at the end of the day, they knew how to put it aside for the good of others. For me, it was a learning curve. But you never learn how to be a team player better than seeing your entire team engulfed whole by a giant starfish alien.

Heh. Memories.

Approaching Earth after a fifteen minute collision course through an asteriod field, I finally respond to J'onn's telepathic commands and take note of where I need to be. If Barry's handling the situation like I think he is, his priority is getting the civillians out of harm's way. Leaves me to make sure that he can do that uninterrupted.

"Copy that, I've made it to Earth. Report to me if any of the others need my assistance after China's secured. Lantern out."

Holding out my ring, I command it to form a construct of hard light. A trail of indicators soon form, leading me out to the point of the planet that I need to be.

RPG7-4.png

"Ring. Find the nearest hotspot in Beijing."

Primary Hostiles Located.
Transferring Coordinates Now.

Easy as pie.

Flying directly into the atmosphere, the aura around me cracks for a moment before everything becomes stablized. Always thought the flight was the best part of the job. Mostly because it's so risky.

"Ring, patch me through to The Flash. League Communicator."

Connection Established.

With a wide smile, I hear the commotion on the other side and decide to speak up.

"Hey, Barry. Heard you might need some help. Figures that they'd need me to come bail you out."

When it comes to The Flash - any of them - I could never could resist a good ribbing.

He hovers down to where the Atlantic Ocean is located and says to Booster, "Can you get to Star Labs and tell Dr. Hamilton I need project 14. It's an EMP Pulse Cannon and tell him that it's an emergency. If he asks anything else tell him I'm going to be doing inventory next week on some of the alien animals I have at the Fortress and he can come with me. That should ensure his cooperation, and he'll give you a crash course on how to work it so don't worry about that. Then I need you to meet me at these exact co-ordinates"

He uses his Heat vision to burn a small hole in the globe

He continues, "In 5 minutes exactly? This plan will only work if you can do this Booster. A second off and it's all over for the Eastern Seaboard."

"You can count on Booster Gold, Big Blue. I'll get that Project whatever-number-it-is for you..."

"Project 14, sir." Skeets corrected him.

"Quiet, Skeets. The grown-ups are talking..." Booster shushed the security bot as he put his hand up to block Skeets from the Man of Steel's sight, as Micheal thought only he deserved to be looked at by the one and only Superman.

"Alright, I'm off. I'll meet you at the rendezvous point in no more than 4 minutes and 59 seconds!"
Booster assured the Last Son of Krypton, accompanying his words with his million-dollar smile before taking off into the Metropolis skyline once more, with Skeets only a few seconds behind.

"You can count on Booster Gold, Big Blue. I'll get that Project whatever-number-it-is for you..."

"Project 14, sir." Skeets corrected him.

"Quiet, Skeets. The grown-ups are talking..." Booster shushed the security bot as he put his hand up to block Skeets from the Man of Steel's sight, as Micheal thought only he deserved to be looked at by the one and only Superman.

"Alright, I'm off. I'll meet you at the rendezvous point in no more than 4 minutes and 59 seconds!"
Booster assured the Last Son of Krypton, accompanying his words with his million-dollar smile before taking off into the Metropolis skyline once more, with Skeets only a few seconds behind.

supermanlogo.gif

Superman watches as Booster takes off and says to himself, "Okay Clark now it's your turn."

With that Superman takes flight straight up. Building up incredible speed he then nose dives and begins weaving in and out of the Alien Armada over and over at Super-Speed throughout the Eastern Seaboard. Creating a vortex that begins pulling the Alien Ships together. Once they are clustered together he begins skimming over the top of them at super-speed while firing bursts of heat vision welding them together.

Once they are welded together The Man Of Steel grabs the metallic mess and begins towing it out to the Atlantic Ocean.

Don't let me down Booster! If these things still have power we have to assume they're still a threat. This is all in Booster's hands now.

The invading forces marched on Gotham City. Criminals and innocents alike were gunned down in their path, and buildings were left ablaze. This was one of Darius' elite urban task-forces: a team of 50 men, armed with cutting-edge weaponry far more advanced than any military of this world. They marched triumphantly, feeding off the fear and panic, confident that there was nothing in this city more terrifying than them on this night.

They were wrong.

It began quietly, almost unnoticeably. Stragglers left behind to dispose of bodies or set fresh fires vanished, fell out of contact. 50 became 49 became 48. No noise, no signs of struggle. It was like they just disappeared. But the urban strike team was unfazed. They were unstoppable machines of war, fighting terrified civilians and an unprepared police force. There was nothing hear that could frighten them. Then members of the group started vanishing without even being seperated. A soldier would turn his head away for a moment, and when he turned back, the compatriot marching next to him was gone.

47, 46, 45, 44...

Then whole groups started disappearing at once. This was when sounds of struggle, howls of fear, started to be heard over the intercoms. Only momentary, followed by static. The closest thing to a coherent sentence?

"What is that? WHAT IS THAT!?!?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHH!"

Now, they were afraid. Sergeant Artrox, the squad leader, tried to maintain order amongst the ranks, which had been reduced to little over two dozen. But the rigid formation was starting to break down. People were starting to run off, chasing imagined shapes in the shadows.

"There's some kind of army out there," Atrox muttered to his second-in-command, "Who knows how many..."

And then one of the shadows DID move, something solid and black emerging from the darkness, swooping forth and grabbing his screaming subordinate from right under his nose. Artrox spun round and let out a wild blast of gunfire, but he was firing it into thin air. Where did the shape go!?

The triumphant march had turned very sour. There was talk about falling back, retreating, but they were too deep into the city now. Gotham had lured them in, and now had closed around them like a trap. Artrox started to believe none would make it out.

Just then, they were cast into a fog. A smoke pellet exploded, and what was left of his elite strike force descended into chaos, and childlike screams of terror. There was something moving in the mist! Something monstrous!

When the smoke dissipated, Artrox was left standing alone, in the middle of a heap of unconscious bodies. He was the last one left. Quite involuntarily, he let out a whimper.

"Noooooooooooo!" he cried, "Who are you!?"

He turned round, and the monster was standing there. Before Artrox could even raise his weapon, it was snatched from his hands and cast aside like a toy. The creature grabbed him by the throat, and let out a visceral snarl.

"I'm Batman. This is my city."

Batman slammed Artrox in the side of the head with a stiff elbow, knocking him out cold. He let his body drop to the ground. An elite urban task-force, 50 men, armed with cutting-edge weaponry. They never stood a chance.

logouom.jpg

You’d think a young superhero like Firestorm might need to get used to an alien voice in his head. On the contrary. Gehenna would disappear physically when she merged with her boyfriend, allowing him to play hero as Firestorm, but that didn’t mean she was gone. She was continually visible to Jason as a disembodied head, a familiar voice in his brain. Yes, imagine that: your girlfriend in your brain.

“Yes! Yes! The Manhunter is my favourite hero of all time!” she announced as they flew to San Diego. Jason frowned.
“Your favourite? Of all time?” he questioned.
She wrinkled her nose. “What’s the matter?”
“What about me?”
She rolled her eyes. “You’re great, honey, but c’mon. It’s the Martian Manhunter!”
“I guess.”
“Well, whose your favourite superhero then?”
Jason looked away from Gehenna face's mental image (say that ten times fast), then said: “I’d rather not say.”

Gehenna was about to respond, but they had arrived in San Diego. The mass of spaceships were already emptying with soldiers and machines. Firestorm quickly flew down to where the Martian Manhunter was.

Firestorm extended his hand eagerly. “It’s great to finally meet you, Mr. J’onzz!”
“Ditto!” Gehenna exclaimed mentally.

martianmanhunterlogo.gif

As I am greeted by the young hero known as Firestorm or...would the proper term be dual hero and heroine? Jason may be the one that appears before you as the hero known as Firestorm arrives to save the day, but there is also Gehenna within. The Firestorm Matrix is a truly peculiar thing. The versatility through the potential of its hosts is what makes it even moreso.

"The feeling is mutual, though I am afraid we will have to put off any extended greetings and formalities for later. The reason I preferred that you aid me is that with the array of abilities among our own personal...arsenal...I had hoped that we could dispose of these forces quickly to advance either east or westward."

As we still conversing, a small fighter plane starts a rather futile attack. Immediately I change my form into that of...well on Earth the creature that resembles this form the most might be that of a fabled Sea Serpent. A life-form that has long been extinct on Mars. Quickly I remove the threat, and as I resume my more heroic form, I conclude.

"Such is the reasoning for everyone else's placement. Once San Diego is in the clear, we can make good time to either of the other locations from here. To aid whomever needs it."

I become invisible and intangible, and fly into the greater fray of battle.

logouom.jpg

Firestorm watched on in awe as the Martian Manhunter soared into the sky to meet the invaders. It took the young superhero a few seconds more to snap into action. Which was fortunately just as one of the battle ships set down on the ground before him. Troops emerged from the hull immediately, carrying weapons Firestorm had never seen before.

His eyes glazed over as he employed his molecular vision and looked at the variety of metals and energy signatures that made up the guns and other devices. “Wow, this is some advanced technology. This is a unique opportunity,” thought the freshman college student.
And then he got the unique chance to study the weapons as they fired. At him.

“Well, I still don’t know what your guns are made of,” the rookie hero said as he jumped into action, “but fortunately I don’t need to!”

First, he absorbed the energy directed his way and fired it back at the soldiers, who were sent flying back against the hull of their ship. Then, Firestorm manipulated the guns themselves, shifting around their molecules so that instead of guns, the invaders were holding household tools like a vacuum cleaner. One of them looked oddly at the dustbuster in his hands, until he got another blast in the face from Firestorm.

The young hero quickly moved on, flying up to face the ships that were now raining down on San Diego. A fighter plane came straight at him, but he phased through it, grabbing the pilot as he did so. He let the pilot fall to the ground with his parachute as the invader’s fighter plane crashed into another warship.

Firestorm smiled, but then another airship came at him.

“Just how many of these guys are there!?” he asked out loud as he effortlessly disabled the attacker’s engine.

Washington DC

The Admiral's flagship hovered over the city, casting its shadow across the capitol. The ship its energy shields up and was invulnerable. On the bridge of Victorious, the Admiral watched the feeds and reports coming in from his fleet all across the globe. These superpowered individuals were formidable, but not well disciplined. They lacked the formal military training of soldiers, that much he could see. But for now, the plan was moving along. The heroes were spread out and distracted. It was time for him to move.

"Commander," he said to his second in command. "Send the order for my shock troops to head to their shuttles. Same with my own guard and the Imperial Marines. We're moving in on the city at the strategic points. I'll be on the ground, you have control of the bridge."

"Yes, Admiral," the commander said with a salute. "Send word to all ships across the world, retreat and begin regrouping to this location."

As his second in command began to bark orders, the Admiral walked out the bridge of the ship and prepared for what was to come.

The White House

The dozen armor-clad shock troopers jogged through the halls of the West Wing, mowing down Secret Service agents with laser rifles. Two of the troopers kicked through the door leading into the Oval Office and cut down the six Secret Service agents protecting the President. The soldiers turned their attention to the President, but suddenly stepped aside as the Admiral walked into the room.

"You are the leader of the 'free world'?" Darius asked with a laugh. "Pathetic."

Outside the window, the shadow of an airship fell fell on the White House as dozens of ships appeared over the city.

The Pentagon

General Vincent, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was in the inner control room of the Pentagon with the other Chiefs of Staff and their assistants with them. Outside, they could hear the sounds of gunfire and screams growing louder.

"It's agreed," Vincent said. "The codes will be sent and the rallying point will be set here."

An explosion from somewhere outside the door shook the room. Admiral Stephens of the Navy stood up and looked around. "Whatever happens, I want to say that I it was a privilege serving with all of you."

"Send the codes," Vincent said. The door into the room burst open, shock troopers pouring in. The Joint Chiefs and their aides pulled their guns and a gunfight ensued.

In the midst of the gunfight, a communications officer at the computer in the corner sent out a coded signal to the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine forces all across the country and the globe. It was from the Joint Chiefs and provided the coordinates of Washington DC with one simple command: Anyone able, report for combat.

The White House

"Good afternoon," the Admiral said as he sat behind the desk in the Oval Office. On the desk in front of him was a psychic amplifier, a cord ran from the device into his temple. He was broadcasting his speech and thoughts out to every person on the planet.

"I am Admiral Darius IX, Ruler and Emperor of the Glorious Human Empire. I am your new ruler. I sit in your world capitol, with the President of the United States as my hostage. Even now, my army and air navy is surrounding Washington. It will be my headquarters while I am in this dimension. I am not from your reality, I come from a parallel Earth in which I am emperor of the Milky Way. And now, my empire has expanded into another dimension. This Earth is now mine. You have a woefully inadequate global military... but your superpeople? There is an asset. I wish for their surrender. The Justice League is to meet me and my army here on the lawn of the White House in a half hour. The Justice League are listening, I know that. If you do not comply, then I will lay waste to this planet and destroy it before I escape back to my home dimension. You now have twenty-nine minutes to meet my demand. This has been the Admiral, your new God."

"I am Admiral Darius IX, Ruler and Emperor of the Glorious Human Empire. I am your new ruler. I sit in your world capitol, with the President of the United States as my hostage. Even now, my army and air navy is surrounding Washington. It will be my headquarters while I am in this dimension. I am not from your reality, I come from a parallel Earth in which I am emperor of the Milky Way. And now, my empire has expanded into another dimension. This Earth is now mine. You have a woefully inadequate global military... but your superpeople? There is an asset. I wish for their surrender. The Justice League is to meet me and my army here on the lawn of the White House in a half hour. The Justice League are listening, I know that. If you do not comply, then I will lay waste to this planet and destroy it before I escape back to my home dimension. You now have twenty-nine minutes to meet my demand. This has been the Admiral, your new God."

Ring Transmission Incoming
JSA Brownstone

JSA, huh? Guess they got wind of the invasion.

"Patch me through."

Michael Holt, Mr. Terrific, appears in a holographic message.

"GL, it's Terrific. You catch any of what just happened?"

"I'm in Beijing, so no."

He immediately links me through to video of The White House. Where, by the looks of things, an unwelcome guest is currently staying.

"...Oh, damn."

I use the ring to patch the video through to all JLA Communcation channels.

Our extraterrestrial attacker is pulling a Zod on us.

supermanlogo.gif

Superman watches as Booster takes off and says to himself, "Okay Clark now it's your turn."

With that Superman takes flight straight up. Building up incredible speed he then nose dives and begins weaving in and out of the Alien Armada over and over at Super-Speed throughout the Eastern Seaboard. Creating a vortex that begins pulling the Alien Ships together. Once they are clustered together he begins skimming over the top of them at super-speed while firing bursts of heat vision welding them together.

Once they are welded together The Man Of Steel grabs the metallic mess and begins towing it out to the Atlantic Ocean.

Don't let me down Booster! If these things still have power we have to assume they're still a threat. This is all in Booster's hands now.

supermanlogo.gif

Superman realized that Booster was overdue and knew time was not an ally in this situation.

I can only assume something has happened to Booster that is of a dire nature. Regardless I can't wait any longer.

Superman then flies the metal mess of ships out of the earth and stops outside of Earth's orbit.

I was hoping to do some interrogations, but there's been a slight change of plans, so I'll settle for getting you all off of my planet.

He then begins spinning faster and faster and finally lets the metal mess go hurling towards deep space.

Superman then heads to the Watchtower and enters the main control room.

He then cuts on the main computer to monitor the situation on Earth.

Now let's see how everyone else is doing.

Just then he hears the following message:

"Good afternoon," the Admiral said as he sat behind the desk in the Oval Office. On the desk in front of him was a psychic amplifier, a cord ran from the device into his temple. He was broadcasting his speech and thoughts out to every person on the planet.

Superman's jaw locked into place.

We need a plan and I think I got one, but it needs some variables filled in.

Superman sends out a Leaguewide message:

"All members report to the Watchtower! NOW!"

"HIRAHHHYYY!" I shout as a flex my muscles and pull another craft into one of its partners. The pair fall towards the ground in a spinning mess. But I ignore it and launch myself back into the fray.

There were too many to stop them from reaching Moscow. But the destruction they reign down now only serve to strengthen my resolve and redouble my efforts. And the same can be said for my new teammates.

A dozen Rocket Reds joined me in the fray, scattering among the chaos. They've already lost two of their comrades. But, like me, their losses only serve to make them fight harder. I refuse to believe this may be a lost cause, but if it is, we shall make them pay dearly.

I dive down towards a vessel to drive myself through its top, but stop in midair as my head is filled with a voice. And it's not the voice of the Manhunter. This voice is filled with nothing but menace and self-satisfaction.

And as soon as the message is over, the attack on the city ends. The ships pulling away and heading north. It doesn't stop the Reds from pressing the brief advantage the retreat provides. As much as I would like to continue the fight with them, it's time to reunite with my team and tackle this army together.

J'onn, teleport me to the Watchtower. If there was ever a time for the Justice League...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"