"For Justice" The Justice League RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

I feel you. Blah blah blah can always be a real drag.

Alright, things are kinda at a lull, so what I'll do is NPC everyone to DC and then we can get to some more action. Anybody got any problems, just say so.

Shouldn't be a shock since I'm a shadow of my former self: pulling out of the game. Gotta stop kidding myself that I will eventually get a quick small post in. The stuff is just gone for me.

Okay. I can NPC MM until the end of this arc.

Alright, I'm gonna try and be more controlling and proactive like I originally started out wanting to be.

Alright, so activity is very low, over half our JLA is MIA, so why? Is it something I'm doing or not doing? Just let me know. This game is kind of an experiment and I want to iron out the kinks.

I think a more active engagement would benefit. Instead of having us fight NPC's and determining the outcome ourselves, I think a GM should be handling all of the enemy contact.

But it's hardly fair to place it on you, I think everyone is also just really lazy or has other things on their minds.

That's probably what happened with my Ballad of Saints game. I moved it along and gave the threats for the first fight, but it was an NPC in the end. Maybe these type of RPGs will require either the GM actively playing the villains and/or having players play as temporary villains for different parts.

I'm sorry for my inactivity, guys. Things have been pretty hectic on my end this past month, with trying to get the trade for The Standard finalised for Kapow Con in London. I've just not had the time or energy to commit to playing Batman like I want to. I just want to say that the inactivity of the game is not in any way your fault, Byrd. You've been orchestrating things pretty much flawlessly.

Alright, it's becoming abundantly clear that we need to figure out where this game stands. Should we consider it dead and buried, or is there still potential to make it work? Who's still interested in playing, are there any ideas to help bring it back from the brink? Because if we don't figure out something in the next two days, which'll mark a month of inactivity, it'll have to be trashed.

I think the idea still has merit, but has some kinks that need to be worked out.

(says the guy who only posted one time)

I think one of the problems was that, apart from the main villain, there weren't really any details when it came to the bad guys. Like, it was an alien invasion, yeah, but there weren't any specifics on what kind of stuff they had, if there were mini-bosses or whatever along the way, that sorta thing. It's kinda hard to just say "he fights some bad guys" over and over and keep it interesting.

So I think one thing that could be a huge help in getting the party moving would be a clearer demonstration of what we're up against. Not to say spell everything out, but throw in some officers or lieutenants among the rabble, show off some special abilities, so we have a clearer picture of what they can do, and what we can do against them. That'd give us a lot more to work with.

Last edited:
There's merit, sure, but I don't I'm the man for the job as a hands-on GM, though. I'm better as a player than a GM. If we want to move forward, I think someone else would be better off taking the reigns.

Make it a Marvel rpg and I will happily be your hands on gm. But I would go so far as to create rules, a system and some character stats. Or just steal an existing system and tweak it for our needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"