The Multiversers IC Thread

Catman_prb

Sad Clown
Reaction score
Welcome to The Multiversers
The Dimension Jumping RPG

Gamemaster: Catman_prb​

RULES
  • This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such.
  • Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM. Don't kill people without reason. Don't randomly kill NPC's. Do NOT kill other Player Characters unless specifically asked by the player to do so.
  • You know your weaknesses and strengths, what you can do or can't. Hellboy will lose against Thanos one on one, but may be able to use his allies to help him out or he can run away.
  • If there is a problem between you and another player, or if you have question's please talk to the Gamemaster.
  • There should be MINIMAL cussing and swearing in posts. There will be NO By-passing the censors. This is a Hype rule, and NO exceptions will be made for the RPG.
  • No obscene topics!
  • Do NOT criticize another poster’s character. We are not all as skilled as Gaiman or Shakespeare. Constructive criticism is okay as long as it is not offensive. This rule applies even if a poster asks for feedback.
  • The Gamemaster has the final say in matters of character acceptance. You are welcome to alter the character to make it less powerful or more creative, but arguing with the Gamemaster is not productive, not to mention something that you will not win. This is a game, let it be fun.
  • People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get BOOTED by the Gamemaster. Further problems will cause HYPE! Mods to get involved, which usually leads to user bannings, or the more severe IP Address banning.
FULL ROSTER AVAILABLE IN THE OOC THREAD

New to RPGing?

It suits humanity to think that they, and their world are unique. But they are not. There are alternative universes, stacked one upon the other, that make up the fabric of reality. Each one thinks that they are alone, special in their originality. But they are not. I, and those like me, who live between the spaces that make up the Multiverse are succeptable to the petty whims and passions of those universes. I prosper in their stability, and fall in their chaos. And these are chaotic times.

The despotic ruler of the planet dubbed Earth-25 searches for technology that will allow his mad empire to spread across the multiverse. In order to preserve my life, and that of all life of the Multiverse, he must be stopped. I cannot intervene, I may only observe, but I have found those that can. They are gathered from across the Multiverse, because they are special, and because I require their aid.

I am Chronos, they are my Chosen.

And only they can save the Multiverse.

Batman of Earth-25

The Batmobile's tires screech to a halt inside one of our safe houses, and I quickly hop out of the driver's compartment. As my boots hit the ground, so do the feet of Dick Grayson, one of my oldest friends, especially now that I've lost so many to this damn war.

The two of us don't share words as I unlatch the back compartment of the tank-like vehicle, and usher the five people inside into the cave which they will now call home, "You're safe now." The words are hollow and not true at all. No one is completely safe. Not on this planet.

The Revolution has been shuttling refugees from Titan controlled areas into caves and wooded areas that we know they don't check. But everyday we find less and less normal people to save. Those that haven't been brainwashed and conscripted into Titan's workforce or army have all but lost their minds from shock or grief, something I can't believe that hasn't happened to me.

But then, I'm not sure if I ever was a normal person.

Just think about what we've all lost, every single one of us, brings my blood to a boil. The bastard took everything away from us. Titan and his army stole everything that was good and just in the world and burned it to the ground. And he didn't leave any hope.

Sure, the Revolution has been fighting him, but we don't stand a chance of ever winning this war. He made sure of that. He took our heavy hitters, any of them that stood a chance of stopping him, out of the equation quickly. We lost Diana on the first day. Captain Marvel the day after that.

And then Clark disappeared, along with any semblance of hope with him. He had been gone before of course, after Doomsday. But this time he hasn't come back. And I doubt he ever will. He was the one man on this planet that I placed my absolute trust in. The one being I knew I could trust to stand with me on judgment day. And now it looks like I'll be standing alone.

I collapse on a cot inside the small quarters I've set aside for myself in this bunker, and take my cowl off, tossing it on the floor. It stares back at me with its nonexistent eyes, and I'm forced to look away. It's all I've become. There no longer is a Bruce Wayne. The people need me to be Batman. Not Bruce Wayne. So Bruce Wayne no longer exists.

"Bruce," Dick says as he opens the door to my room, "Ollie wants to talk to you. He just patched in on the radio from outside Star City."

Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow, and the current leader of the Revolution. He's been a friend as long as I can remember, but it's becoming harder and harder to call him that. His tactics have taken a turn from protection to terrorism in the past few months, and as a parallel our friendship has become more and more strained.

Dick looks at me through his Nightwing mask, obviously noticing how run down and disheveled I look. Not that it's hard to notice. My face is adorned with scars and bruises from more fights than I can count. The time since Titan grabbed power has been the most painstaking on my body, and it shows.

Dick hesitates, but continues, "But I can tell him you will call later. You need some rest. Take some time for yourself, Bruce."

"No," I reply, placing the cowl back on. "I'll go talk to him."

Bruce Wayne doesn't exist.

The people need the Bat, and the Bat never stops.

So Bruce Wayne doesn't exist.

I gaze out at the Bleed from my chambers, watching the Earths of a thousand different universes passing by. Each planet is a nexus point, a place of change and importance within each universe. And from my position suspended between universes I am in the perfect position to observe them all. My inner sanctum is almost tranquil; silent, and yet bathed in a beautiful ethereal other-worldly light. I stand from my chair and shroud myself in shadows - the Chosen may find my true appearance...unappealing.

I exert a small amount of will and pull them from the end of their previous mission. They know me, they are my chosen warriors, and they are willing to protect and serve the multiverse. There are seven of them, proud heroes of their own universes. When their service is done, I shall place them back where they belong, and all this shall be as if a dream to them. They shall forget me. Perhaps that is best.

"Heroes," I greet them, bowing courteously "Congratulations on the success of your previous undertaking, the timeline of that universe is stabilising already. I wish I could give you better news, but your services are already required again,"

"Earth-25 is a planet that has been conquered by so called 'supervillains'. They are led by a tyrant known as Titan, who is said to have killed the Superman of this universe himself. More relevantly, the Martians of this universe created a device capable of breaching the interdimensional barrier. They hid this device on Earth when the human race was still young. Titan is searching for this device...why, I do not now, but his purpose is almost certainly destructive,"

"I require you to enter Earth-25 and retrieve or destroy the device. I cannot ascertain its location, but there is one being who may know. The J'onn J'onnz of Earth-25 is still the last surviving Martian. He is your best lead. Find him, find the device, save the Multiverse. I am aware that I have...taxed you greatly in these recent months. So I will promise you this - do this final task for me, and I shall return you to your own universe. You shall be free from me,"

J'onn J'onzz
The Manhunter from Mars

For what seems like the hundredth time, the mysterious Chronos stands before us covered in shadows. He tells once more of a parallel universe in peril, or home to a danger that threatens to spill out into the other worlds. Standing beside my fellow Chosen I realize I've lost track of time. But Chronos has proven time to be nothing more than a tool for him to use, bend and break if he wishes.

Since he grabbed me from my place in the world I have learned much. I have learned of the Multiverse and with that knowledge comes a sense of insignificance. Were I to lay down and die there are thousands of me out there.

But what has come as most of a shock, I must say, is that in all the worlds we have visited the J'onn J'onzz of each individual universe....has been alone.

"And where do you propose we start looking for this world's J'onzz?" I ask the shaded figure towering over us. "If the Martians of Universe-25 are anything like those of my homeworld, if he wishes to remain hidden we will not find him."

This Titan of Earth-25 comes across as a powerful being, and one we have not come across before it seems. The worlds we have traveled to have, as different as they have been from one another, all share the trait of being definitively defined by the being known as Superman. His journey is intertwined with that of his universe. At first it was a difficult thing for me to separate the multiple Supermen from the Comrade of Steel whom I was trained to kill.

"And as for this Titan. Are we to...end the threat?"

Last edited:
KAI-RO:
The Last of the Red Lanterns

The freedom that awaits the young warrior isn't a solace that could be granted as a boon from any lord, no matter how powerful. His soul was under as great a strain as it had ever been, shoulders bowed from the weight of carrying the torch through dark places where even the strongest of wills flinched. And Kai-ro was tired. The weariness extended deep into his bones, to a pain in the very marrow.

The day that the ring had appeared to him, his heart had stopped beating. And every day since had been a life lived on borrowed time. Sands in an hour glass that was slowly slipping out of the jar, until the time of his reward would come and Kai-ro would find peace at last. Respite for a soul enflamed in conflict and embroiled in a single moment of complete rage.

To save the world, Kai-ro had agreed to become fury unrestrained. He had done so knowingly, including the knowledge that the same anger which empowered him to save the lives of others was eating away at his own life.

There was something beautiful about irony.

Hovering in mid-air, the young teen meditated amid an aura like fire. The mantra repeated over in his mind, again and again. The ring was his, he was its master. He was in control.

"If we neutralize this device, then the threat posed to the Multiverse should cease to exist. What point would there be in addressing this Titan then?" the youth commented, keeping his eyes closed as he fostered an odd air of tranquility for one whose power stemmed from anger. Kai-ro was not opposed to killing. Indeed, he'd demonstrated his lethal fury on one of their assignments. But killing for no reason was not an act that Kai-ro could condone.

Even anger, even revenge, had its limits. Otherwise anger became the master, and humanity slipped away in the fires of blind ambition.

Raising his head, the boy looked over at the Manhunter and then to the shadowy Chronos. And then quietly closed his eyes and meditated further.

They would decide as they chose.

It was not for Kai-ro to lead the charge, only to fight at their side.

Plastic Man stands before Chronos and looks around at the other Chosen. He listens to Chronos says to them as a group.

After Chonos finishes speaking Plastic Man says, "The whole concept of time-travel, multiverses and all that crap makes what's left of my mind hurt. I'm a pretty simple hero I take care of my city, bust the villians, and try to hold the line day-in day-out so that people can go on with their lives. All that being said I believe that justice is an ideal and belief that whatever universe you live in justice is always something worth fighting for."

He looks at the other Chosen very carefully and says, "It's a unique crew you got here Chronos, but there's doubt we all bring something to the table that the others can't and we can make a difference together. Let's do it!"

I stand attent and ready, waiting for Chronos to finish talking. They’re all the same, when you get right down to it. The people with powers, I mean. They manipulate people time after time, not stopping to consider what the little guy is thinking, what the little guy is feeling, and instead just focus on their concerns of “epic” proportions. For instance, we’ve been serving Chronos for--damned if I know how long it’s been--but we’ve been serving this supposedly all-powerful being for a while. Do we know what he even looks like? No. He’s worn us ragged, so he goes and gives us another mission. As if that isn’t bad enough, he continues to hide himself in his shroud of darkness, in the shade, like he has something to hide. Interesting question: does he have something to hide?

There are certainly things he isn’t telling us, like who is this Titan? And how the hell was he able to beat the goddamned “Super” man? I smile a bit, as I think about this. A world without Superman. A world free from the behemoth’s omnipotent tyranny. I think back, and can’t remember one world that didn’t have a Superman. But here, I could escape. Here, I could be free of him. Well, sort of. My eyes flitter towards my team-mate, the Chosen Superman. They quickly move back towards Chronos. I realize that I’m not aware of the full extent of Superman’s powers. Sure, most people can’t see my eyes, due to the faceless mask I have on, but if memory serves, the Superman has X-Ray vision. Could he see me glancing at him, ever-so-briefly? A quiet grunt slips from my lips, in frustration. How do you react to a man who knows everything? How do you react to a man who can kill everything?

Note to self: Find answer to these questions.

My eyes light up, as Chronos reveals this to be our last mission. Finally, the toil of travel from reality to reality will be over. I will cease having to live with these larger-than-life villains. But thinking of what I’ll come back to, will it be worth it? Everywhere, I’ll be surrounded by fear, isolation, hate. I’d be freer around this Superman than the one on my own planet. At least this one isn’t a Nazi. I shudder slightly, thinking about that terrible visage the Superman of my earth sported. Makes me feel proud to not have a visage, truth be told. I wonder if I could ask Chronos to send me to another universe, maybe one that doesn’t features super heroes. I can’t help but smile at the thought.

My smile turns to a scowl, as the Martian talks. Of course he would want to kill the Titan. Not that I have anything against the death of a tyrant, but it’s just like the super “hero” to want to kill something: bloodthirsty, that’s all it is. His countenance sticks out in my mind, just like Superman’s. The inhuman eyes, the skin color, even the shape of the head, all lead me to ask myself one question, “When did mankind’s saviors stop looking like mankind?” I don’t say that out loud, of course, for fear of being killed where I stand, but then I realize the Martian is a telepath. Did he hear me think about him? In the end, it makes him worse than Superman. Nothing can be hidden from a telepath. Nothing.

I tilt my hat back on my head slightly, deciding with a telepath in the room I might as well reveal my thought. I respond to Kai-ro, “The world could use a few less super...” I stumble for a fraction of a second, looking for the right word, “villains. The threat to the multiverse might end when we ‘neutralize the device.’ But what about the people in that universe, living under the Titan’s tyranny? Can you just leave them there, to rot under the iron fist of a madman?”

I note a tint of anger in my voice. I can’t help but wonder what Kai-ro, the supposed master of anger, would think of my emotions, if he could see my face, if he could see the full extent of my emotions. But whenever I see him, I am not calmed. Instead, I can’t help but think of the fact that he wasn’t there for my universe. As my world rotted, I never once heard of him. And there was plenty of rage on my earth. So where was he? Too busy dealing with some intergalactic threat?

Like I said, all powers are the same; they never think about the little guy. They’re too busy participating in their epic, irrelevant sagas.

"I do not care if you dispose of Titan or not, it is irrelevant to me. As for J'onn J'onnz, I do not know where is to be located, I can only presume that someone on Earth-25 will know," I say, looking at each of them in turn. It is perhaps interesting that so many of their universes are pivotal around Superman, or a lack of Superman, or an opposition to Superman. It is...certainly interesting in the theory of narrative causality. Perhaps I should look into this further another time.

"If you have no further questions, I shall send you on your way shortly,"

KAI-RO:

The teen's aura sparked with new flame, reacting to a nearby source of rage upon which to feed. Even before he'd spoken, Kai-ro already knew what the source of this emotional power was. The enigmatic detective was as troubled as he was brilliant. His raw feeling had often worked to Kai-ro's benefit, allowing his ring to benefit from the nearby anger in battles.

“The world could use a few less super... villains. The threat to the multiverse might end when we ‘neutralize the device.’ But what about the people in that universe, living under the Titan’s tyranny? Can you just leave them there, to rot under the iron fist of a madman?”[/SIZE]

The boy didn't respond immediately, as tempted as he was. A familiar tremor rippled though his soul, begging him to lash out at the man for questioning him. With a cleansing breath, Kai-ro pushed aside the irritation and instead meditated upon the words, pondering his own initial reaction and thoughts. The man had a point. Evil must be opposed. But no man existed in a vacuum. What happened to one affected those around them. The larger the sphere of influence, the greater the disturbance created by the loss of the individual. In that sense, 'individual' was a misnomer. The bonds of society invariably linked people together."Can you say with certainty that the void created by Titan's absence would positively benefit this world?" Kai-ro asked, answering the detective's question with another question. Hardly unusual for the zen monk.

To illustrate his point, the boy explained, "We are but travelers passing through a world whose intricacies we could not claim to fathom with such brief an introduction. If Titan were removed from the political reality, all the forces he holds in check would be loosed. In replacing a villain, you may only be installing a greater evil."

Plastic Man paces for a moment to be alone with his thoughts.

He rejoins the groups and says, "Okay Titan is dictator and very powerful, but the bottom line he is a criminal like anyone else. A robber, murderer, drug-dealer, he's basically a crook. So what we need to do is approach it in that vein."

The group looks at him for a moment and he says, "Work up a profile on this guy. First step in police work is to know as much as you can about the perp you're going after. So we can see if there are patterns, methods, get some understandings and some insight things of that nature that we can work with. Just about any personal information is better than no information. The more we know the better off we are."

The group looks at him for a moment and he says, "Work up a profile on this guy. First step in police work is to know as much as you can about the perp you're going after. So we can see if there are patterns, methods, get some understandings and some insight things of that nature that we can work with. Just about any personal information is better than no information. The more we know the better off we are."

J'onn J'onzz
The Manhunter from Mars

The Plastic Man is right, of course. Any hunt undertaken without the slightest knowledge of your target is a waste of time. Were we to hunt down Titan the best course of action would be to attack his various facilities and subdue his followers. If his reach is global, as Chronos says, we would no doubt find someone who knows more about Titan.

However, Titan is not our primary target. While on these missions to various universes I've noticed that many of my teammates find it difficult to leave a universe in the state we found it. They want to 'fix' it. Of course, to most of them, 'fixing' a universe merely means making it more like their own.

"If Titan is hunting down the Martian artifact he will no doubt be searching for his universe's J'onn J'onzz. It would be best to leave immediately, if we want to beat him to it."

I turn to my teammates, whose unspoken questions I could barely block out if I tried. "And no, unfortunately I do not know for certain what this artifact is. Before my homeplanet was....." I pause for a moment, finding no word that does not cause pain to say aloud. "I had never heard of alternate universes, much less an object that could bridge the gap between them."

I turn to Chronos, my hands clasped behind my back. "However, I do have a theory as to the location of J'onn J'onzz." I open my mind to the Chosen, allowing them to share my knowledge. "As we have seen multiple times throughout our travels, there are some objects, people and, often times, locations that inherently important to the entire universe at large. For example, of course, the Superman."

I allow the Chosen deeper into my mind, revealing a fact I had hoped to keep to myself. But, I assure myself, this is our last mission and according to Chronos we will not remember any of this. And in that case I will not allow my pride to stand in the way of us accomplishing our task.

"Out of...sentiment, I suppose, I took the liberty of gathering information about the.....me of each universe, as well as each alternate version of my race. And in every universe where I was transported to Earth, each time by a Professor Erdel, I arrived in a laboratory that was always located at the same place. This goes for my own universe as well."

"I suggest we start there."

csteelBAN1.png

"How are you holding up, bud?"

Rick comes to me, like he always does, to check to see how I'm doing. But the response is always ever the same damn thing: miserable. However that doesn't ever stop Rick though who still remains the optimist. But I think we need someone like Hourman more than ever. In times like this, there is little hope left.

This time, I respond different. But it is only to help Rick feel better as he constantly tries to work with a losing struggle that is my condition.

"Feeling...better I guess."

Feeling. I can't feel. No, scratch that. I can and at the same time I cannot feel. My very skin is now made of an organic type of metal so as for sensations such as being able to touch the blades of grass and feel how soft they are, or that ever so blissful feeling when I've got pigskin grasped in my hands just before I throw a football...I instead feel nothing. The only thing I can feel...

...is pain.

Sonia--Judomaster--approaches me as well. She brings me a plate of food. Never talks, though. Shes smiles at me though, which is enough for me. We share something in this whole 'feeling' thing. She's got an uncanny metahuman ability where she pretty much has control of what they call an Aversion Field. Meaning she can project it, so that if she doesn't want you laying a finger on her you physically cannot possible do so. It may be by choice but that loss of touch is enough in common for me to appreciate it when she hugs my tall steel body, looking up at me wearing nothing but a smirk across her face.

She's been a great friend.

"Thank you, Sonia."

I eat, but I don't taste a damn thing. I'm not actually sure if I need to eat anymore but I do it out of habit and it's one of the few things that makes me feel like I'm somehow human still. Sandy has been talking about possible plans to break out the rest of the JSA. I'm going to do more than just try to break out my new teammates: I'm going to make Titan pay for what he's done to me.

Earth-25
Pikeville, KY

I peer down towards the road from a nearby ridge. A convoy of canvas-covered trucks rolls down the road. The trucks are filled with hunters, the same bastards that have been killing my friends. The trucks hold more than mindless thugs, they're also carrying fuel and supplies that are headed to one of the containment camps set up nearby.

Jokes on them, though. We liberated the camp an hour earlier, set free all the people and killed the guards. I put the walkie-talkie to my mouth and press the button. "2814.1 to 2814.3, are you in position?"

"Roger," John's reply crackles back.

"2814.1 to 2814.4, are you and the rest of the group ready?"

"10-4," Kyle replies.

"Go on my mark...."

I toss the walkie-talkie aside and pick the RPG up off the ground. Slinging it on my shoulder, I aim carefully for the lead truck and pull the trigger. The RPG kicks and the rocket whizzes through the air, striking the truck and exploding in a brilliant ball of fire.

The trucks screech to a halt and the guards pile out, leaving them open to John's sniper fire. Half the guards are dead from John's rifle before he has to reload, that's when Kyle and the rest of the group spring their trap. Rushing from the side of the road, they surprise the guards and force them to surrender. They're tying them up by the time I climb down off the ridge and get to the road.

"Get all the supplies and fuel from the trucks, then we'll blow them all to hell."

"We should keep the canvass from one of the trucks, Hal," Kilowog says as he stomps over, an assault rifle slung across his shoulder. "You three Earth poozers can hide in a crowd, but you know me, Greeny, and Salaak aren't as fortunate."

"You're right. Kyle and Arisia can help you with it. After you get that done, see about getting some of those medical supplies to Doctor Natu, she'll forward them along back down South to other resistance doctors."

It takes us a half hour to get everything we can from the trucks, I even help Kilowog take parts from the truck's engine to use in case of a rainy day. Once it's all done, we leave the guards by the truck and put homemade bombs in each of the trucks. We're a mile away from the trucks when they go up in a massive fireball. Most of the group turn to look at the flames, I keep walking through the hills.

We've still got 400 plus miles to go until we reach Baltimore and our salvation. After what Titan did to the Corps, I look forward to slaughtering as many of his minons as I can on the way.

SUPERMAN
The Savior of Tomorrow

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

For the many months that I've been - franky, forced- to work for the whims of this mysterious benefactor of ours, there have been many disagreements to be had between the group of us. I still remember the first day that I was plucked from my reality, when I nearly tore the place apart with my bare hands, demanding answers that I've still yet to properly be given. Since that outburst, I've become something of an outsider - a force that none of the others seem to want to be near unless my abilities are required for one of their futile little battle strategies. But through it all, I've tried to play it nice. Tried to keep quiet, when all else has failed to bring me back to my rightful plane of existence, to resume the life that I had left as both a man and a God.

But upon being told about a world that has fallen to a tyrannical ruler, a being whose slaughtered the very heroes that swore to protect that reality, these idiots react in what way? They plan. They talk. They stand by and do nothing but speak upon how they would change the course of this world, rather than actually do something about it. People are suffering at the hands of this "Titan", and the Plastic one suggests studying our enemy?

To hell with that. And to hell with Chronos. There's a far easier alternative to every single one of these missions, and these gutless fools won't even begin to acknowledge it. It's time that somebody spoke up.

"Wait."

Cocking my head to acknowledge each member of the team, I give them all a scowl and cross my arms. It takes all of my concentration to keep my eyes from flaring up with a burning blast of heat vision.

"I know that my opinion isn't particularly valued, here, but I feel I should say something. After all, this tyrant did go out of his way to slay this world's Superman. That's something that I'd be inclined to take a little personally."

Stepping to the middle of the room, I make sure that I have the fools' complete attention before I decide to continue. "While it's true that the enemy we face is supreme in power, there's a much simpler alternative to this mission than doing 'profile work'. And it's a waste of our collective energies to even consider what the consequences would be. The simple fact is, without Titan, there would be no such chaos. He has been the source of their struggle. To strike at that source, we need only one course of action."

My eyes brim with passion and anger, thinking of the millions of lives that the mortal has dared to destroy. It's obvious to me that the only reason he wasn't taken out in the first place is because my counterpart, the Superman of that world, was nothing more than a idealistic waste who thought he could reason with evil.

There is no reasoning with evil. There is only the single most logical solution to combat it in the neverending battle for force, vengeance, and my America's way.

"We tear him apart. And leave nothing left of Titan to salvage."

J'onn J'onzz
The Manhunter from Mars

The Plastic Man is right, of course. Any hunt undertaken without the slightest knowledge of your target is a waste of time. Were we to hunt down Titan the best course of action would be to attack his various facilities and subdue his followers. If his reach is global, as Chronos says, we would no doubt find someone who knows more about Titan.

However, Titan is not our primary target. While on these missions to various universes I've noticed that many of my teammates find it difficult to leave a universe in the state we found it. They want to 'fix' it. Of course, to most of them, 'fixing' a universe merely means making it more like their own.

"If Titan is hunting down the Martian artifact he will no doubt be searching for his universe's J'onn J'onzz. It would be best to leave immediately, if we want to beat him to it."

I turn to my teammates, whose unspoken questions I could barely block out if I tried. "And no, unfortunately I do not know for certain what this artifact is. Before my homeplanet was....." I pause for a moment, finding no word that does not cause pain to say aloud. "I had never heard of alternate universes, much less an object that could bridge the gap between them."

I turn to Chronos, my hands clasped behind my back. "However, I do have a theory as to the location of J'onn J'onzz." I open my mind to the Chosen, allowing them to share my knowledge. "As we have seen multiple times throughout our travels, there are some objects, people and, often times, locations that inherently important to the entire universe at large. For example, of course, the Superman."

I allow the Chosen deeper into my mind, revealing a fact I had hoped to keep to myself. But, I assure myself, this is our last mission and according to Chronos we will not remember any of this. And in that case I will not allow my pride to stand in the way of us accomplishing our task.

"Out of...sentiment, I suppose, I took the liberty of gathering information about the.....me of each universe, as well as each alternate version of my race. And in every universe where I was transported to Earth, each time by a Professor Erdel, I arrived in a laboratory that was always located at the same place. This goes for my own universe as well."

"I suggest we start there."

Plastic Man turns to the Martian and says, "There's only one thing that concerns me about that plan, and that is if we take away his motivation like that who knows what other race and species will pay for our actions after we leave, or if he'll try for something bigger and we have to deal with him again."

He nods thoughtfully and says, "Now if you think we should try and get the item and take him down also. Basically have our cake and eat it too. Then I can deal with that I say that's worth while. But again we need info of some kind about this guy other than he's a bad guy."

SUPERMAN
The Savior of Tomorrow

I can't believe what I'm hearing.

For the many months that I've been - franky, forced- to work for the whims of this mysterious benefactor of ours, there have been many disagreements to be had between the group of us. I still remember the first day that I was plucked from my reality, when I nearly tore the place apart with my bare hands, demanding answers that I've still yet to properly be given. Since that outburst, I've become something of an outsider - a force that none of the others seem to want to be near unless my abilities are required for one of their futile little battle strategies. But through it all, I've tried to play it nice. Tried to keep quiet, when all else has failed to bring me back to my rightful plane of existence, to resume the life that I had left as both a man and a God.

But upon being told about a world that has fallen to a tyrannical ruler, a being whose slaughtered the very heroes that swore to protect that reality, these idiots react in what way? They plan. They talk. They stand by and do nothing but speak upon how they would change the course of this world, rather than actually do something about it. People are suffering at the hands of this "Titan", and the Plastic one suggests studying our enemy?

To hell with that. And to hell with Chronos. There's a far easier alternative to every single one of these missions, and these gutless fools won't even begin to acknowledge it. It's time that somebody spoke up.

"Wait."

Cocking my head to acknowledge each member of the team, I give them all a scowl and cross my arms. It takes all of my concentration to keep my eyes from flaring up with a burning blast of heat vision.

"I know that my opinion isn't particularly valued, here, but I feel I should say something. After all, this tyrant did go out of his way to slay this world's Superman. That's something that I'd be inclined to take a little personally."

Stepping to the middle of the room, I make sure that I have the fools' complete attention before I decide to continue. "While it's true that the enemy we face is supreme in power, there's a much simpler alternative to this mission than doing 'profile work'. And it's a waste of our collective energies to even consider what the consequences would be. The simple fact is, without Titan, there would be no such chaos. He has been the source of their struggle. To strike at that source, we need only one course of action."

My eyes brim with passion and anger, thinking of the millions of lives that the mortal has dared to destroy. It's obvious to me that the only reason he wasn't taken out in the first place is because my counterpart, the Superman of that world, was nothing more than a idealistic waste who thought he could reason with evil.

There is no reasoning with evil. There is only the single most logical solution to combat it in the neverending battle for force, vengeance, and my America's way.

"We tear him apart. And leave nothing left of Titan to salvage."

Plastic Man says, "Okay let's go in guns blazing. Forget the fact we know NOTHING about him. What his defenses are his powers are or any of that. I'm not suggesting we reason with him or negotiate and hope for a peaceful settlement. I fully execpt blood-shed and lots of it and Titan's head on a platter when it's all over! But to just blindly charge in without any knowledge of him or his history is not only dangerous but it's also showing too much of what we have to Titan. We need to maintain some elements of surprise. We need to know what we're up against beyond the basics of he's bad we're good and that's the way it is!"

Last edited:
☆ Wonder Girl ☆

I stand here, the only female within this group. It makes me sick. Who is this beastly man, ordering us? Although, I must admit, I do enjoy travelling throughout different worlds and meeting others just like me. In one 'world', Cassie was Wonder Girl! And me, well I was named 'Supergirl'...quite odd.

As the men speak their explosive words, I stand quietly at the back, my arms folded and my lips sealed. The so called 'Superman' decides to speak up. How wonderful for him. The two of us haven't even had a chance to sit down and talk yet...About the similarity between our powers. Perhaps we are related in some way? Perhaps his a male Amazon in his home world?

"You speak of Titan as if he were the great Zeus in the heavens above...But yet, what of the heroes in Earth-25? Do they not wish to take this beast down on their own? Or are they truly that week and pathetic, that they require our help?"

I step forward, making myself perfectly visible and my words perfectly clear. "We do not have time for little hiss fits. And we certainly do not have time to sit here and plan. We need to change these Universes, correct these Universes. Once we ''help'' these heroes of Earth-25, would we perhaps be able to ''help'' them in other ways?"

With every mission, I hope that the team I've been brought into will be able to calmly work through the mission and develop a plan that will move us onto the next.

Then it inevitably breaks down into another bickering fight, just like this.

But I always believe the next time might be different. And this time it is. Because we'll finally be able to go home. And even though we've accomplished so much good throughout the multiverse, it will be good to get back to my universe, and help the people there again.

"Please, everybody. This fighting never accomplishes anything, and will lead us no where once again."

I face each faction calmly, hoping that my attitude and ring can instill at least a small amount of peace into each of them. "Superman...Titan killed his world's Superman. And so many other heroes of their world. Is rushing in to a situation we know nothing about truly the best course of action?"

"Plastic Man, information is crucial. But there is so much good we can do while finding out what we need. Should we truly devote all our resources in such a way?"

"Wonder Girl, I want to help these people too. I wish they could live freely without fear, and have faith they may still find their way. But our mission is to stop Titan from crossing universes and spreading his terror to the point where he can no longer be stopped. If we do that, we can strike a blow against Titan, and show the people he's enslaved that there is hope."

"But, since all three options have merit. Perhaps...perhaps a compromise is in order. We split our forces. One group strikes Titan's armies directly. Create chaos within his forces, and act as a diversion to keep Titan from becoming aware of the other teams. The second team will find all the information about Titan they can. Any weakness that can be exploited. And, lastly, the third group would go out amongst the people, searching for the Martian device, and helping where they can to drive the resistance."

With every mission, I hope that the team I've been brought into will be able to calmly work through the mission and develop a plan that will move us onto the next.

Then it inevitably breaks down into another bickering fight, just like this.

But I always believe the next time might be different. And this time it is. Because we'll finally be able to go home. And even though we've accomplished so much good throughout the multiverse, it will be good to get back to my universe, and help the people there again.

"Please, everybody. This fighting never accomplishes anything, and will lead us no where once again."

I face each faction calmly, hoping that my attitude and ring can instill at least a small amount of peace into each of them. "Superman...Titan killed his world's Superman. And so many other heroes of their world. Is rushing in to a situation we know nothing about truly the best course of action?"

"Plastic Man, information is crucial. But there is so much good we can do while finding out what we need. Should we truly devote all our resources in such a way?"

"Wonder Girl, I want to help these people too. I wish they could live freely without fear, and have faith they may still find their way. But our mission is to stop Titan from crossing universes and spreading his terror to the point where he can no longer be stopped. If we do that, we can strike a blow against Titan, and show the people he's enslaved that there is hope."

"But, since all three options have merit. Perhaps...perhaps a compromise is in order. We split our forces. One group strikes Titan's armies directly. Create chaos within his forces, and act as a diversion to keep Titan from becoming aware of the other teams. The second team will find all the information about Titan they can. Any weakness that can be exploited. And, lastly, the third group would go out amongst the people, searching for the Martian device, and helping where they can to drive the resistance."

Plastic Man looks at Walker for a moment.

Could it be that someone in this group gets it? I think this guy might be onto something!.

He nods and says, "Now we're talking. Having 3 cakes and eating them at the same time; my kind of deal!"

Plastic Man looks at the group and says, "I'll head up the information unit anyone wants join can, but just be warned when I get on a roll doing detective work I've got a tendency to become a little intense."

He pauses for a moment and says, "To those who don't work with me good luck and good hunting."

Last edited:
I stand by silently, and let each of my Chosen have their own say in the way this mission is carried out. This is another reason that they have been selected; their own individual style contributes to the group dynamic.

"Enough. You have decided on a suitable plan of action, and now I shall commit you to the field. You may decide upon who pursues which objective after you arrive. I shall place you in Kansas, where it all began, and you may pursue your seperate goals from there. Be aware that both Titan's forces and the Resistance are at work here - this will be a chance for you to find native allies. Good luck. I wish you well,"

I focus my will, and use a considerable amount of energy to dispatch my heroes to Earth-25. I watch the empty space where they used to be, and sit back down in my chair, waiting for news of my salvation to come.

---
Kansas, Earth-25

What was once rolling farmland is now an arid wasteland. The devastation that occured in this place has ensured that it cannot be used again for any benevolant purpose. Kansas was where Superman disappeared, and one of the last stronghold's of the Resistance. In recent weeks, the forces of Titan have overwhelmed this bastion, laying waste to the forces stationed there. With the hardcore dissidents executed, the remaining civilian population is in the process of being divided up as slave labour and sent to various parts of Titan's empire.

One of the slave convoys drives down the highway. The two men in the front chatted amiacably, occasionally laughing at the wails from the slaves in the back of the converted pickup truck. The convoy is under the command of Sergeant Steel, a man infamous for his viciousness, even amongst Titan's brutal forces. His truck leads the convoy, a heavy machine gun on the back of his vechile instead of the usual slave cages. He smirks to himself, and wonders how many of the women he can requisition for his own private use.

Behind a destroyed billboard on the side of the road lies one of the elite strike forces that the Resistance has left to offer. Arsenal is one of Oliver Queen's prized deputies, and though the main man himself is stationed in Star City, Roy Harper's presence is almost as good. The group consists of former armed forces personnel, former gang members, and even a few suburbans who got a real knack with an assault rifle. Roy himself has taken to favouring the bow and arrow again, for old time's sake. He waits to give his squad the command. He breathes heavily. The situation is tense.

The Chosen appear.​

I stand by silently, and let each of my Chosen have their own say in the way this mission is carried out. This is another reason that they have been selected; their own individual style contributes to the group dynamic.

"Enough. You have decided on a suitable plan of action, and now I shall commit you to the field. You may decide upon who pursues which objective after you arrive. I shall place you in Kansas, where it all began, and you may pursue your seperate goals from there. Be aware that both Titan's forces and the Resistance are at work here - this will be a chance for you to find native allies. Good luck. I wish you well,"

I focus my will, and use a considerable amount of energy to dispatch my heroes to Earth-25. I watch the empty space where they used to be, and sit back down in my chair, waiting for news of my salvation to come.

---
Kansas, Earth-25

What was once rolling farmland is now an arid wasteland. The devastation that occured in this place has ensured that it cannot be used again for any benevolant purpose. Kansas was where Superman disappeared, and one of the last stronghold's of the Resistance. In recent weeks, the forces of Titan have overwhelmed this bastion, laying waste to the forces stationed there. With the hardcore dissidents executed, the remaining civilian population is in the process of being divided up as slave labour and sent to various parts of Titan's empire.

One of the slave convoys drives down the highway. The two men in the front chatted amiacably, occasionally laughing at the wails from the slaves in the back of the converted pickup truck. The convoy is under the command of Sergeant Steel, a man infamous for his viciousness, even amongst Titan's brutal forces. His truck leads the convoy, a heavy machine gun on the back of his vechile instead of the usual slave cages. He smirks to himself, and wonders how many of the women he can requisition for his own private use.

Behind a destroyed billboard on the side of the road lies one of the elite strike forces that the Resistance has left to offer. Arsenal is one of Oliver Queen's prized deputies, and though the main man himself is stationed in Star City, Roy Harper's presence is almost as good. The group consists of former armed forces personnel, former gang members, and even a few suburbans who got a real knack with an assault rifle. Roy himself has taken to favouring the bow and arrow again, for old time's sake. He waits to give his squad the command. He breathes heavily. The situation is tense.

The Chosen appear.​

Plastic Man looks around and begins to study the situation.

Part of my gift is stealth so for now it's better if no one knows about me and....woah!

Plastic Man sees someone who looks familiar to him.

Ellen? No that can't be but..time and alternate...no impossible....I...Stop it! It's time to get down to it! Focus on your work

He takes a few steps back from the group and says, "I got work to do. I've got a feeling that this group is going to be a source of allies for us."

Plastic Man takes more steps back and says, "I'll find a way to get in contact with you all. It'll probably be through this resistence group or some other way. Regardless it's time to get to work."

He morphs into a hawk and takes flight. For the moment he hovers high above out of sight of everyone else.

Now we wait and see. Hopefully I'll come up with an actual plan. Right now, playing it by ear.

KAI-RO:

Anticipation.

Frustration.

Anger.

Appearing in the blink of an eye, the sheer weight of emotion slammed into the young monk like a splash of ice cold water. Or maybe kerosene, as the ring on his hand blazed with a fiery passion of its own and ignited a blazing aura that erupted to life like an exploding volcano. Lifting into the air, the boy was nearly overwhelmed by the palpable tension in the air.

Kai-ro could feel the slaves in their cages, whose anger burned like dying embers with the loss of hope. Tilting his head back, the words of his induction sprang to his lips. "With blood and rage of crimson red..."

The land below was watered with the souls of the fallen, a band of brothers that cried for vengeance from beyond the gave. It made him think of the ruins in the mountains of his home. It made him recall bodies turned to cinder. "...ripped from a corpse so freshly dead..."

Kai-ro knew the desperation of the fighters lying in ambush waiting, adrenaline fueling their hearts as their anger prepared to propel them into combat. It was hatred, pure. A hate he recognized as the one he bore the Manhunters. "...together with our hellish hate..."

And Kai-ro could taste the arrogance of the slavers, their contempt for life bitter in his mouth. Like the ashes of corpses piled high and left burning in the sun, so that the wind blew ash like snow over the survivors. "... we'll burn you all -That is your fate!"

Rising high into the air, by now the teen's protective aura shone like a great torch. No matter the situation, he would now have the attention of everyone. Though his first thought was of the slaves. The feelings of despair. The loathing. Willpower and hope subsiding into a sorrow that swallowed compassion.

A blast from the monk's ring left a smoking hole in the ground before the first of the slaver's vehicles.

"I am fury unrestrained!" the Red Lantern shouted hoarsely, announcing himself from on high. The voice echoed hauntingly as the teen tapped into the power of the ring, the cosmic battery of universal wrath. It whispered to his soul, it beckoned for bloodshed. And the monk held the demons at bay. The boy was aware of the fighters lying in wait, but he saw no reason to meddle with them - unless they first engaged him. "Lay down your weapons and unchain your prisoners. Do this and you may walk away unharmed."

The plastic man had spoken of a distraction.

This would likely do for a start.

Batman of Earth-25

"What is it, Green Arrow?" I growl as I sit at my command center. I don't necessarily mean for it to come out that angry, but it does. Ollie has been tearing at my nerves, and I'm starting to get sick of it.

"No need to use the Batman voice with me, Wayne," he says back. The tension can be cut with a knife. "I've got a mission for you."

I attempt to suppress a sigh, but I can't deny that I'm tired. I was hoping for at least a little time to rest, "What do you have?"

"Just got word out of Kansas that a Red Lantern has appeared," Ollie responds. A Red Lantern? What? That's insane. A working power ring hasn't been seen for years, and now one just shows up. "It was seen right near Arsenal's team. I want you and your team out there as soon as possible."

"I'm on it," I respond, killing the line to Star City. Rushing down towards the Batmobile, I pass Dick on the way, "Suit up, we're leaving in fifteen for Kansas."

"Yes, sir," he nods, heading back towards his room.

"I'm coming too," a voice comes from behind me. Selina Kyle. Catwoman. A former rival turned ally. And now a source of fierce companionship. Something that is incredibly rare, and valuable in the current world if one wants to keep their sanity. If this was years ago, I'd never have let her in this far. But things are different now. Incredibly different.

"Okay, go get ready," I nod.

As I sit in the car's cockpit and begin firing up it's engines, someone slips into the passenger seat, "I want to go too, Bruce."

Jason Todd, the second Robin, who now calls himself Red Robin. He was never cut out for this life of heroism. I know that now. I've known that for a while. But he's trying much harder now, even though he's still not ready for what he faces.

"No. I need you here. The people need protection."

He doesn't respond. He simply slides out of the car and storms off, only to be replaced by Selina, "He's not happy."

"I know," I respond curtly. "Is Nightwing in the back?"

"Yea."

"Then let's go."

☆ Wonder Girl ☆

The men stand together, plotting and planning. I look on to the slaves, my mind flashing back to the times of the Amazons, their past as the slaves to the beast known as Heracles. I block out all sound around me and focus, using my excelled vision to see through the destruced bill board. Men, looking like pigs. Disgusting, vile. No man should live like that. Certainly when they are accompanied by women. Three women to be exact. One a young female with blonde hair, an archer's mask and a red hooded sweater. A costume, perhaps? Cassie would love to fight along side me if she were here, but I'm sure she's safe, back home.

"No man tells Kara of Themiscyra to do! I act alone when it comes to offensive attacks!" I fly high up in to the air, swinging my golden lasso of anger above my golden hair. I swing the lasso low, and watches as it grips on to the end of the truck. My vision picks up vulgar language from the men, about how to treat their women and which women can pleasure them, wether they like it or not.

"No woman shall touch you!" I roar, sending a powerful jolt of electricity down the lasso and exploding the front bonet. I smirk, and shoot down low, yanking one man off his seat and grasping him by the grip of his neck. "Time to show you how an Amazon does it,"

Plastic Man

Plastic Man still in Hawk form takes a flight ahead and surveys the road ahead.

Chances are likely the convoy are headed to what appears to be that broken down amusement park. As if the guard towers, spotlights and armed patrols weren't enough of a clue looks like that's their re-education camp in this area.

He begins to wing his way towards the camp and lands on a tree branch outside of the camp.

Might as well wait here for the moment and see if I can get a lock on patterns and routines. I still can't believe that woman...she's Ellen...well not really my Ellen but still...I...
Just then a shot rings out and Plastic Man feels a bullet pass through him.

DAMN! Serves me right for losing focus. Bullets don't mean a thing to me but I guess I better play along.

He falls out of the tree and lays on the ground for the moment. PlasticMan hears a guard approach.

The guard says, "I nailed it. Titan will be happy not only with fresh Hawk meat but a stuffed Hawk over the fire-place."

Plastic Man quickly morphs into his natural appearance and morphs his right arm into a sledge-hammer. He proceeds to hit the guard twice and killing him in the process.

He then hammers him in the face two more times making him unrecognizible. Plastic Man then morphs into the guard taking his clothes and accesories.

Well now my name is John Kincaid and I am one of the guards in the north tower. Okay then this is my ticket in.

Plas begins heading back to the camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"