Fox, The Infamous Studio, At It Again!

thejon93

Forever Haunted
Reaction score
First of all, I just want to start this thread off with some real, bottom of the barrel, ----ty news. Of course, I'm talking about the wonderful studio we all know and love, Fox. And, I'm not talking about the reverse opposite studio of 20th Century Fox(a.k.a. Fox Searchlight, which is one of my favourite studios), I'm talking about quite possibly the worst studio there is. 'Slashfilm' earlier on today reported yet another slap in the face for movie-fans. As they are reporting that: "20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is going to start stripping rental DVDs SKUs of special features like commentaries and featurettes, in a horrendously misguided attempt to spur retail DVD sales". Now, I just want to send a shoutout to Tom Rothman, undoubtably the mastermind behind this "ingenius" new marketing strategy. Read the full report here:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/12/fox-to-remove-special-features-from-rental-dvds/

...So, again, this is just wonderful news.

Well, I would think that records are showing that less and less people are renting DVDs anyway.

Maybe in the short-term, this looks bad, but in the long-term, this may end up being a risky decision that pays off.

I haven't rented a DVD in 6 years. :p

-TNC

I say it again, FOX can go blow a blow pop. What if some people don't have the money to buy a new dvd..can only rent it and want to see extras on the dvd? Well, now those people are screwed.

But Fox DVD's don't have special features anyway. . .

Well, I would think that records are showing that less and less people are renting DVDs anyway.

Maybe in the short-term, this looks bad, but in the long-term, this may end up being a risky decision that pays off.

I haven't rented a DVD in 6 years. :p

-TNC
And Tom Rothman himself stops by to put a positive spin on horrible news. HI TOM!!!!

When I rent a DVD I usually rip it. Having just the CD with a standard VOB, and a Menu in a Video_TS folder will make it soooooooooo much easier.

And Tom Rothman himself stops by to put a positive spin on horrible news. HI TOM!!!!
Just because you don't agree with me (by default), that doesn't make me wrong. :p

Screw me for being the one neutral party here. Just because I don't take everyone else's side, that doesn't mean I'm trying to defend the other side. :rolleyes:

I just said, it DOES look bad, but it's not a terribly random and totally negative decision on their part. At least there is some logic behind it.

-TNC

I've never seen you 'neutral', TNC. All of you posts regarding 20th Century Fox are always clearly one sided.

First of all, I just want to start this thread off with some real, bottom of the barrel, ----ty news. Of course, I'm talking about the wonderful studio we all know and love, Fox. And, I'm not talking about the reverse opposite studio of 20th Century Fox(a.k.a. Fox Searchlight, which is one of my favourite studios), I'm talking about quite possibly the worst studio there is. 'Slashfilm' earlier on today reported yet another slap in the face for movie-fans. As they are reporting that: "20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is going to start stripping rental DVDs SKUs of special features like commentaries and featurettes, in a horrendously misguided attempt to spur retail DVD sales". Now, I just want to send a shoutout to Tom Rothman, undoubtably the mastermind behind this "ingenius" new marketing strategy. Read the full report here:
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/12/fox-to-remove-special-features-from-rental-dvds/

...So, again, this is just wonderful news.

Wait..this is bad? Usually when I get a DVD, I get annoyed with all the features. I just want the movie and some deleted scenes.

Should'nt this be in Misc Film, where I believe there is a thread for this very reason.

FOX has done many things, but. the worse thing they've ever done was canning Futurama :cmad:

I've never seen you 'neutral', TNC. All of you posts regarding 20th Century Fox are always clearly one sided.
We all have our memory issues from time to time.

If you'd like, we can start up a refresher thread so that everyone can clearly understand where I'm coming from.

Shall we begin with X-Men (2000)? :p

If you don't think I'm neutral, then maybe I'm not. I'm just positively sure that I've never taken an extreme angle on either side, at least.

Fox's Top 5 Dumbest Mistakes...

1) Killing Cyclops in the Dark Phoenix story.
2) Having Baraka cameo in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
3) Passing up on Aliens 5 with James Cameron and Ridley Scott for AvP.
4) Galactcloud
5) Cancelling Firely, Futurama, and many good shows and leaving Simpsons on past it's prime, just because.

Fox's Top 5 Dumbest Mistakes...

1) Killing Cyclops in the Dark Phoenix story.
2) Having Baraka cameo in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
3) Passing up on Aliens 5 with James Cameron and Ridley Scott for AvP.
4) Galactcloud
5) Cancelling Firely, Futurama, and many good shows and leaving Simpsons on past it's prime, just because.
It must have been real hard to pick just five.

You forgot to mention how they bastardized Hitman and Max Payne.

You see, Tom Rothman was a rapist in his past life, so in his current form, he is instead raping movies.

He raped Daredvil.
He raped Fantastic Four.
He tried to rape X-Men, but that ***** was a fighter, so it took him a few tries before the rape was successful (X3).
He sat back and watched Street Fighter rape itself (sometimes he just likes to watch).
He is currently raping Dragonball.
He raped Deadpool in a WOLVERINE movie, which I like to call "Indirect Rape".

And now, thanks to the 'word a day' calendar that Rupert Murdoch got him for Christmas, he has discovered the meaning of the word "reboot". This has caused Rothman to consider restarting Daredevil and FF, in a move I like to call 'double rape', or in F4's case 'rape squared'.

Eh, both are pretty mediocre game franchises anyways. :o

And anything with Mark Wahlberg deserves to flop.

You see, Tom Rothman was a rapist in his past life, so in his current form, he is instead raping movies.

He raped Daredvil.
He raped Fantastic Four.
He tried to rape X-Men, but that ***** was a fighter, so it took him a few tries before the rape was successful (X3).
He sat back and watched Street Fighter rape itself (sometimes he just likes to watch).

And now, thanks to the 'word a day' calendar that Rupert Murdoch got him for Christmas, he has discovered the meaning of the word "reboot". This has caused Rothman to consider restarting Daredevil and FF, in a move I like to call 'double rape', or in F4's case 'rape squared'.
I thought Marvel had at least gotten the rights back to Daredevil. :confused:

He raped Daredvil.
He raped Fantastic Four.

:lmao:

Especially what's in bold.

What the heck is wron with Deadpool. Given that he is a crazy smart ass. I think Reynolds is perfect for that role. So what is the deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"