FOX's Gang Related

I haven't seen this yet but I'm curious.

The only thing that's putting me off is RZA. How's he in it?
He is decent,he only only had a few scenes in the pilot.

How are people seeing this already? Is it airing first in other countries before the US premiere?

if you look online hard enough you will find it.:cwink:

I think I can hold out until May 22nd since I don't really need to go scrounging around the internet to find it. I'm watching this regardless of when I finally see it since it looks to be a fairly exciting show with a nice cast, a good premise, and seems to pair nicely with 24: LAD.

great opening sequence... really good so far... looks like this is my new FOX version of FX's the Shield that I'll be tuning in to...

Emilio Rivera (Alvarez from Sons of Anarchy)... a familiar face and a welcome guest star... and Terry O'Quinn is always a treat...

and that is one deadeye and deadshot stone-cold chick on the team...

and was that Jay Karnes (Dutch from the Shield) that I just saw?

I'm just LOVIN' this show...

Pretty good first episode. Terry O'Quinn, Jay Hernandez and Cliff Curtis are great as always. I thought I'd be put off by Ramon Rodriguez since the only thing I've ever seen him in was Transformers 2, but he did a solid job in this pilot.

Going to have to keep tuning in to this.

Premieres tonight.

Premiered for me almost 3 weeks ago. :cwink:

Got it free with my 24 iTunes download. :awesome:

Sorry, I would have told you guys earlier, but I thought this thread was dead. Good to see there's at least *some* buzz. I'd give the show a 7 out of 10 so far. A little predictable and familiar, but some characters, like the mobster father-figure, show potential to shine. And the action has a good pace to it, similar to The Shield (if not quite on the same level).

Last edited:
yikes

Thursday’s other premiere, Fox’s Gang Related — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “C+” — targeted 3 million viewers and a 0.9 rating, besting only ABC’s Black Box and The CW’s Labyrinth in the demo, among fresh fare

tvline.com

Sticking it on a night with a lead-in like Hell's Kitchen is poor planning on Fox's part. Same with them putting MasterChef with 24: LAD. Not sure if this is a temporary thing with their schedule but they should realize that people tend to watch cooking shows back-to-back, not one and then move to a drama. Gang Related needs to be on the same night with 24: LAD. They're putting reruns of the shows together on the next 2 Fridays so maybe that'll show something.

Last edited:
Rather than DEA this seems DOA.

tumblr_n27rf03aNz1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Considering the time of year FOX decided to premiere this, and the general lack of promo time it got, the ratings aren't all that surprising to me. It probably ties Enlisted for show FOX has most aggressively try to make fail this season.

tumblr_n27rf03aNz1smcbm7o1_250.gif

Considering the time of year FOX decided to premiere this, and the general lack of promo time it got, the ratings aren't all that surprising to me. It probably ties Enlisted for show FOX has most aggressively try to make fail this season.
I'd put Almost Human up there as well with Fox screwing up the episode order.

Eh. The episode order got ****ed up, but it's not like the show was so serialized that it made it look nonsensical. Plus it was advertised plenty. FOX put pretty much no word out there for either this show or Enlisted, gave Enlisted a terrible slot and decided to air this near the end of the season.

This show will get cancelled. It's just one of those ones you know wasn't really given a shot. Eh, might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts and just treat it like a mini-series.

It's not like amazing, but it was a'ight. I enjoyed it. I'd give it like a B-.

I watched it on the suggestion of brother who saw the premiere. I liked it and I look forward to see how the season unfolds.

This show might actually make it the ratings were up in the second week and in the key demo.

I'd forgotten all about this show, just as well you bumped the thread. :)

The first 4 episodes were good. I like the dynamic with the son in the wheel chair. I wonder, if he'll give up his evil ways…..

This show is so bad, it's entertaining. The quality of the show itself it pretty high, better than I expected. I think the show would have really benefited from having a less "slick" look to it. This is the mean streets of L.A., and it looks way to NBC. Would have benefited from a gritter presentation.

I'm hispanic, and can't help but chuckle at the relentless cliches. I partly watch this show just to get a good laugh.

Just watched all the eps on Hulu. Really got into it. I don't know how it's doing but I hope it sticks around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"