Firstly, lets see the history of the X-franchise:

2000: X-men
2003: X2
2006: XM: The Last Stand
2009: XO: Wolverine
2011: First Class
2012: Wolverine 2

Facts:

- The trilogy was made with a time-frame o three years between each sequel.
- After Wolverine, it seems they want a new x-movie in a shorter time.

So, what do you think could be the possible schedule for next years?

My vision:

2012: Deadpool
2013: First Class 2 or X4.

I'm thinking Singer for a new X-Men sequel in 2013-14. Hopeful thinking too of course, but Schuler and Singer have been talking and she loves "Days of Future Past".

First Class 2 to replace or follow. There's less of a time limit on producing this.

Yeah, I think the next Xmovie will be made by Singer.

cant wait!

I think The wolverine will get June 2012 release

Deadpool will get summer 2013 Release

A bryan Singer Produced First Class Sequel for 2014

A Singer Directed X-Men 4 for Summer 2015

Singer is busy with Jack the Giant Killer till december 2012.since Singer
has gotten back with the X-Men with first Class Lauren shuller donner's
comments about X4 have changed from no plans to discussing It.Unlike
X-Men the Last Stand they probally won't be able to get everybody back.
i could see based on money Hugh Jackman returning and Halle Berry Not.
It will depend on who wants to come and putting together a budget to do
a film.

If a sequel to First Class is announced, I would be amazed if there ever is an X-Men 4.

I love the x movies, I wonder which 1 gonna come out 1st cant wait

It's freaking scary .. I was 14 when X-Men came out and now I just turned 25. Anyway, I would definitely like to see an X4 if all of the actors returned but if that is not possible due to salary and scheduling, a sequel to First Class may be the only thing we'll get with the new cast. Plus, First Class 2 can explore the origins of Scott and Storm and revisit Jean's and possibly get a real dark phoenix adaptation and how it lead to Xavier blocking her powers and playing with their memories or something like that. I'm so stoked for First Class!

My mind/heart is divided between First Class 2 and X4.

Id like to see the origin and introduction of Scott, Jean and Ororo, and their interaction with Beast, Havok and more...

but on the other side, I cant wait to see X4, with the bigger team the X-men already are.

Id love to see Angel, Rogue, Kitty and co. having new missions. And a darker sequel to X3.

If I had to choose, Id probably choose X4.

but Im not sure about what Fox will do after First Class, specially if First Class is a hit....

Lauren Schuler Donner and Bryan Singer have been talking about X4.We defently wouldn't get as many cast members back for a x4 as there was for last Stand.Another
complication here will be Is The Land Stand still In contunity with X-Men and X2 after
First Class.Our best hope for X4 Is after Singer finishes jack The Giant Killer Fox would
sign him to devolp a X4.

Now that X4 is already in-development stages

The Wolverine (December 2012)
X-Men 4 (2014)
Deadpool (2015)
X-Men 5 (2016 or 2017)

I don't think they made X4 before other two First Class.

So i bet

2012 - The Wolverine
2013 - First Class 2
2014 - Possible Wolverine 3, maybe Deadpool
2015 - First Class 3
2016 - X-Men 4

I think they will do X4 before the first class sequels.Bryan singer hinted at second class jumping ahead to when Xavier opens the school and you see teenage Cyclops Jean grey
I think the schedule will go like this

2012-The Wolverine
2013-Deadpool
2014-X4
2015-X5(X4 and 5 will probally be done like the lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,The Matrix sequels,and Pirates of the Caribean 2 and 3)
2016-Second Class

I think they will do X4 before the first class sequels.Bryan singer hinted at second class jumping ahead to when Xavier opens the school and you see teenage Cyclops Jean grey
I think the schedule will go like this

2012-The Wolverine
2013-Deadpool
2014-X4
2015-X5(X4 and 5 will probally be done like the lord of the Rings,The Hobbit,The Matrix sequels,and Pirates of the Caribean 2 and 3)
2016-Second Class

I could definitely see Fox with a release schedule similar to this. Shuler Donner has been wanting to do an X4 for a few years already, and now that she's already pitched the movie to Fox, I agree that it will come in the next few years.

I don't think FOX can release 5 films in just 5 years. There has to be a year without a new X-Movie because the casual movie-goers will get tired of it.

Agreed.

I think it could be this way:

2012: The Wolverine
2013: Second Class (and hopefully the last prequel)
2015: X4

I don't think FOX can release 5 films in just 5 years. There has to be a year without a new X-Movie because the casual movie-goers will get tired of it.

You're probably right that they won't do it because of moviegoer fatigue, BUT I do think it is entirely possible. Back when we were waiting 3 years for each installment, Fox was using the same cast. Now, all these movies are so different that one film shouldn't affect another's release... like how The Wolverine is supposedly coming out just a year after First Class.

I could see:

2011 First Class
2012 The Wolverine
2013 First Class 2
2014 X4

If they alternated this way, that gives McAvoy, Fassbender, etc two years between films, as well as Hugh Jackman two years between films, assuming he's in X4. No idea about Deadpool.

I like the idea of James and Michael a bit older, so they could set Second Class in the 70's and introduce Scott, Jean and Ororo.

You're probably right that they won't do it because of moviegoer fatigue, BUT I do think it is entirely possible. Back when we were waiting 3 years for each installment, Fox was using the same cast. Now, all these movies are so different that one film shouldn't affect another's release... like how The Wolverine is supposedly coming out just a year after First Class.

I could see:

2011 First Class
2012 The Wolverine
2013 First Class 2
2014 X4

This would be great especially if you're a big X-Men fan because there's a new X-movie every year

But I'm just worried about the box-office performance.

I know.

I dont really care about the Wolverine franchise, so my main concern is with the team movies.

I think the perfect plan would be a x-men movie each two years.

If they decide to do First Class sequel before X4, the schedule could be:

2011: First Class
2013: Second Class
2015: X4

my only problem with this is that I dont want to wait 4 years for X4!!!! :csad:

The Wolverine will likely be coming out next year.I still have my doudts Deadpool will
be made.So If not the next full X-Men movie will be coming In 2014.

I think X4 will be next.We know It has been pitched.I think X4 and 5 will be made before
second class.The reason Is simple.It has strongly been hinted that Second Class will be
set after Xavier has opened the school and bringing In teenage Cyclops and Jean grey and possible Teenage Storm.It allowes the first Class actors to age a bit while the Epic X4/X5 story can be made first.

The Wolverine will likely be coming out next year.I still have my doudts Deadpool will
be made.So If not the next full X-Men movie will be coming In 2014.

I think X4 will be next.We know It has been pitched.I think X4 and 5 will be made before
second class.The reason Is simple.It has strongly been hinted that Second Class will be
set after Xavier has opened the school and bringing In teenage Cyclops and Jean grey and possible Teenage Storm.It allowes the first Class actors to age a bit while the Epic X4/X5 story can be made first.

I really hope you're right. I think Second Class's release will depend largely on the box office of First Class -- i.e. If it does XMO Wolverine numbers, we'll get X4 next.

I really doubt Fox alternate prequels with sequels during the next years.

The general audience would be a bit confused and they could not like to see one cast one year, and the original cast the next one.

I think the logical way is to release the prequel trilogy first, and then move on to the future to continue it for the rest of the decade until they decide to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"