The Wolverine Wolverine's hair

Glutton

Civilian
Reaction score
Wich one is your favorite & which one is your least favorite?

X-MEN (2000)
wolverine-hugh-jackman-nc.jpg

X2:X-MEN UNITED (2003)
X2_united_wolverine.jpg

X-MEN:THE LAST STAND (2006)
xmen3_wolverine_(39).jpg

X-MEN ORIGINS:WOLVERINE (2009)
X-Men-Origins-Wolverine-hugh-jackman-as-wolverine-19590333-2000-866.jpg

X-MEN:FIRST CLASS (2011)
X-Men-First-Class-hugh-jackman-as-wolverine-27168305-1366-580.jpg

THE WOLVERINE (2013)
thewolverine-1.jpg

Last edited:
I prefer in Origins and The Wolverine.. never liked his hair in the other movies..not natural!

I've preferred his hair in X2 and X3. I actually loved the wild wild hair look in X3. But I really like the short-haired version from what we've seen from The Wolverine

Not really digging the look in The Wolverine.It looked a little too tame in Origins.

my favorite thus far was his look in x-men first class, granted I think that was the best portrayal of wolverine in the whole franchise lol, followed by x2.

X2 ftw, though I really dig what we have seen of the short haired style of The Wolverine so far.

Personally, I'd say Origins hair, one of the few good things about that film
In first class, he didn't even have as much hair as he has in the new movie.

Origins, First Class and The Wolverine are the ones that don't look bad.

X1, The cage fight and bar scene. And when he was in the snow... Hated the 'because you're worth it' shampoo and conditioner look in origins.

I like it best in the first movie. it looked wild and natural, scruffy too.

I think because Jackman was an unknown for the first movie they could really go to town and make him Logan.
For the subsequent films, as cool as he looked, I felt the character fell victim to "We can't make Logan too scruffy cuz we want Jackman-crushing housewives to buy tickets too" syndrome.

I mean, all you have to do is look at the photos above. For a guy who's not supposed to change, he gets more groomed and male model-y every movie. :hehe:

X1 def. gets my vote.

i hated origins hair it looked like wolverine came from a hair salon and just too pretty
Hugh-Jackman-wolverine_389.jpg

11.jpg

X-Men_Origins_Wolverine_Movie_Wallpapers_03_1280x1024.jpg

My favorite look is First Class.

I hated the Origins hair. It's like some yuppie scum from the 80s

Last edited:
On another related note, how would you guys approach trying to do a Wolverine hairstyle look if you were dressing up as him? I'm doing a student short film, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the hair where it looks somewhat natural.

I think his hair is getting progressively worse as the films go on, except for maybe the first movie. I didn't like how, when he woke up in X1 and started running around, his hair just flopped down like a normal hairstyle, as if the gel in his hair had come out. It made it as if he deliberately styled it that way when he's normally awake, but hadn't had a chance to at that point.

I liked his hair best in X2 or X3. All the other films have been rather bad and not distinctively Wolverine enough. What the heck is that style in Origins?

Not a fan of his look in FC or The Wolverine either. Was it a wig in the original trilogy or did he use his real hair? Is he losing his hair now or maybe it's not thick enough to do that anymore? But if so, why not use a wig?

It was his real hair for the most part, though I'm pretty sure they used extensions. Except in X2, he wore a wig during an reshoots that were needed.

His hair is shorter because that's how he wants to wear it, and probably doesn't see the point in wearing a wig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"