The Wolverine Wolverine's hair

I like "The Wolverine"'s look. More feral and makes more sense. I also like X1 and X2, when they really caught the V-shaped look.

The way Wolverine looked when we were first introduced to the film version of the him is not only the best he's looked but also one of my favorite scenes in any movie...This was my one of my favorite comic book characters being introduced for the first time in live action...Right here is where it all began...
wolverine02.JPG

I've never been a big fan of Hugh Jackman aesthetically for Wolvie. Too tall, too pretty. And in everything else he stars in he's too gentlemanly. But I'd say X3 was his best hairdo.

Infinity9999x
On another related note, how would you guys approach trying to do a Wolverine hairstyle look if you were dressing up as him? I'm doing a student short film, and I'm trying to figure out how to do the hair where it looks somewhat natural.

I have always thought that wolverine had the worse hat hair day ever....(everyday forever). so if I was doing it I would likely put a hat on my head and blow dry and spray it so it stayed up and then take off the hat. then at least it would look natural.

Last edited:
I've always wondered about Wolverine's hair. Does it naturally grow that way with those points or is it that he styles it that way? I thought it was the former before but the movies suggest that it doesn't always stick up like that.

In X1 it fell down several times eg when he woke up at the X mansion. In XO:W it was also down often. And in the Wolverine it looks like it gets very long and overgrown at one point and flops down completely.

I like His X1 look the most by far, its always changing and scruffy, theres a scene showing him wash his face and stroke his hair back (when talking to cyke and Prof X) It works, and is very natural.

I love the curls hanging down over his forehead and the flare to his chops right under his ears. To my knowledge they were extensions/additions, making his overall look a bit more feral.

The style basically stayed the same in X2, but with a little more definition and consistency. Wolvie hasn't looked the same since.
wolverport.jpg

promo11.jpg

Man I miss those claws and hair, they were PERFECT. Since then its all gone down hill with each film. Now in The Wolverine, his claws basically come out of his palms/between his actual fingers. I hate it Ugh. Hopefully the story and acting distract from the horrible claw placement. The Hair is okay though, Better than X3 at least. From the 70's pic of DOFP wolvie looks to back back in prime form, especially his hair style! Bring it hime Singer!

Meanwhile in X3........

X-Men-3-BluRay-hugh-jackman-as-wolverine-27518127-1280-543.jpg

Blech..

By the end of Origins he's looking pretty good though. Not too styled, and doesn't look like a huge wig. I like the Origins style right after X1 and 2.

X-Men-Origins-Wolverine-Bluray-hugh-jackman-as-wolverine-27824254-1280-543.jpg

Last edited:
x2-movie-screencaps.com-4277.jpg

We can always use a lil more screenshots up in here. Some of my favorite hair scenes

x2-movie-screencaps.com-13011.jpg

x-men-movie-screencaps.com-9860.jpg

x-men-movie-screencaps.com-1423.jpg

x-men-movie-screencaps.com-10452.jpg

Last edited:
LOOOL i didnt like Wolvies hair in x2 and 3. very artificial. looks like a wig or looks like he spent 2 hours puting hair spray to get it still. And that hair on the forehead lol

Like it in origins, very natural and at the same time wolverine style. Like it in The Wolverine.

I've read some people on here saying that Origins looks like its been styled, but if there's anything that looks deliberately styled, it's the bouffant of the first 3 movies. Origins looks natural, and is just the way Terry Dodson draws it. Anywhoo, I actually prefer the haircut in The Wolverine.

What is the verdict on DOTFP Wolverine's hair?
EaWp5FJ.jpg

Last edited:
Why is it they only seem to get his hair right in X-Men films,but in his solo films they try and get "creative".:huh:

X3 for me, at least people are not complaining anymore that his hair is brown instead of black, like they where when Jackman was first cast.

X2 & The Wolverine.

X2 refined the look from X1, X3 went too bushy for my taste and First Class was similiar to The Wolverine but not as pointy

1- No matter what, his hair have that style, the "spikes" like the ears of an animal. The only minor variation was in ORIGINS, where they looked a bit longer (see the sequence where he fights Gambit).

Was that part of his mutation in some way?

2- Someone said me he styled his hair this way himself in a scene of X1, but I cannot remember......

3- BROWN ??? They also looked black to me.

Last edited:
I really liked the Future Wolverine hair in DoFP.

X3 for me, at least people are not complaining anymore that his hair is brown instead of black, like they where when Jackman was first cast.
x3 was the worst. He was fully bald then, and the wig was very noticeably a wig.

I confess that I actually liked the unkempt iteration of Logan's hair in X3. Though it probably suited the character more in X1 then in the tamed leader of X3.

My favorite is the Wolverine/DOFP (future), I much prefer his shorter hair style. My least favorite is a tie between origins and X1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"