Frank Miller's Holy Terror Batman

I dunno, something tells me that this won't be just a regular propaganda piece. This is from the guy who seems to have the distinct pleasure of messing with his reader's heads. I mean, it was advertised that All-Star Batman would be a return to classic Batman stories and look what we got there.

Not to mention the guy isn't really a big fan of the conservatives either, what with Reagan being a villian in DKR and Bush being a halogram created by a maniacal and thug-like Lex Luthor and all.

Also, the talks of him being a racist and sexist is just plain bogus. The Mutants in the book were colored white, for Christ's sake.

As for sexism, look at Sin City--doesn't anyone notice that the characters that do the most harm to women are the ones that are the most epicly and extravagantly murdered? I think it's same to say that he writes those stories with women not just being equal, but better then men, the type that would inspire men to fight and die to protect them.

Its just I've become so cold to what Frank writes nowadays and this seems like exactly the thing he could botch up and make outdatedly generic.

But we'll see, it could also be an out of nowhere return to form and something to inspire him.....

This one'll either make him or break says I.

I agree. If Miller treats this as just another comic, with All Star style writing, it's gonna suck. And quite frankly, i'll be pissed off that i wasted money on it. And that's coming from a big Miller fan.

The subject matter's too touchy to just have Batman running around going "HAHAHA I'm the GODDAMN Batman. And You. You're terrorist scum! Scum. You're scum! HA!" ::punches guy in face:: "HAHA! Striking terror. Best part of the job! HA!"

so we'll have to wait and see. Again, an update would really be nice.

Yeah agreed, if it goes the way as All-Star then he'll have a mini crisis on his hands because of the sensitive subject matter. Part of me still thinks this could be awsome though.

God hope that Miller has the sense to handle it right...

Yeah agreed, if it goes the way as All-Star then he'll have a mini crisis on his hands because of the sensitive subject matter. Part of me still thinks this could be awsome though.

God hope that Miller has the sense to handle it right...

i think it'll be awsome in several ways, becuase it's Batman beating up terrorists, and if there's an iconic full page dedicated to Batman punching out Bin Laden(ala Captain America #1), i'll be a happy camper.

It's gonna be either

1. serious and really outstanding, thus showing Miller still has it.
2. Campy and dopey and "Goddamn Batman" and badass in that "All Star" way.
3. Just downright horrible.

Personally, i won't settle for anything EXCEPT #1.

I like All-Star, it's one of the only two books i'm currently buying(the other is The Spirit), but even though i like both All-Star and DKSA, there's something about both works that just don't settle with me. And it's something i don't want to find in Holy Terror.

Miller said that this book is his tribute to Gotham City, much like his Daredevil stuff was his tribute to New York City. Let's just hope he keeps his word.

Yeah I figure it'll be the first one, I really hope so anyways. I doubt we'll get the full page spread, it's nothing to do with bin-Laden from what I hear, just a Al-Quaeda cell operating in Gotham.

Hopefully it's more Y1 and DKR type dialogue than All-Star. I don't like the corny dialogue...

What are you, dense? ******ed? It'll be here in goddamn 2008!

What are you, dense? ******ed? It'll be here in goddamn 2008!

Do we know that for sure? I ask only because I assume most of Miller's time next year is going to be devoted to The Spirit movie. (Which is scheduled for release in January 2009).

I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind that Holy Terror will end up the Chinese Democracy of graphic novels. But I really, really hope not.

(That said, the best case scenario would have the U.S. capture Bin Laden today and make the whole idea of the book irrelevant).

I am looking forward to this, Bats costume looks pretty weird in the preview art.
If it's black and white that would be nice...
I'm guessing it won't surface till 09 though, ugh.

Does anyone know what sorta timeline this story will be set in, is it a possible future of the DC Universe Batman? Like TDK?

Do we know that for sure? I ask only because I assume most of Miller's time next year is going to be devoted to The Spirit movie. (Which is scheduled for release in January 2009).

I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind that Holy Terror will end up the Chinese Democracy of graphic novels. But I really, really hope not.

(That said, the best case scenario would have the U.S. capture Bin Laden today and make the whole idea of the book irrelevant).

Yet sadly he released another video statement today imploring violence against the so-called infidels. *Sigh*

Anyways... Yeah I think it is 2008, maybe September-ish time I guess. Once The Spirit has wrapped and finished it's cinema tour. Should be awsome!

I think this is one of those projects that is going to be pretty good or really bad. There's no middle term here.
I certainly hope it'll be the positive option. Let's wait and see.

Or does Frank Miller still have it under wraps? I need pics!

i won't get it! IT WILL BE A CON... it will suck my big toe... BATMAN SHOULDN'T FIGHT TERRORISM... that is government territory! SOMETHING Superman would do! PERIOD!

i won't get it! IT WILL BE A CON... it will suck my big toe... BATMAN SHOULDN'T FIGHT TERRORISM... that is government territory! SOMETHING Superman would do! PERIOD!

If they come and **** things up in gotham, he better fight 'em!

i dunno i don't think he should go overseas or anything, but if its like die-hard type terrorists who are pulling a bank job or something YEAH that's batman!

my point was Batman shouldn't fight the taliban or something like that!

he's not Captain America

i dunno i don't think he should go overseas or anything, but if its like die-hard type terrorists who are pulling a bank job or something YEAH that's batman!

my point was Batman shouldn't fight the taliban or something like that!

he's not Captain America

I believe the original quote from Miller said that it's a story of what would happen if Al Quaida came to Gotham city...pretty sure it'll be a crazy satire though, nothing really serious.

The subject matter's too touchy to just have Batman running around going "HAHAHA I'm the GODDAMN Batman. And You. You're terrorist scum! Scum. You're scum! HA!" ::punches guy in face:: "HAHA! Striking terror. Best part of the job! HA!"

so we'll have to wait and see. Again, an update would really be nice.

LOL, I could totally picture Frank Miller having Batman say that.

LOL, I could totally picture Frank Miller having Batman say that.

Well, Miller did have Batman say that he enjoys striking terror, in DKSA.

Personally, while I'd like to read this, I'm not holding my breath. Unless I missed something, there hasn't been any news on this in a long, long time and Miller's directing movies now.

I wonder what will come out first: Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy or Holy Terror?

I wonder what will come out first: Axl Rose's Chinese Democracy or Holy Terror?

Hahaha.

Then again, Holy Terror's only been in the works for how long? A year or 2? As for Chinese Democracy, i'm a 19 year old College freshman. I remember hearing about that album when i was like 11. Crazy.

You know, I'm looking forward to this comic. I hate Miller but I love to see terrorist scum getting the royal piss taken out of them. Why should this be attacked? I'll tell you why: Because white liberals feel sorry for Poor Mother Palestine. Poor Mother Palestine who has money for bullets but not for bread. Idiots. It's time to fight back against these traitors and inbred racist dogs! Propaganda is a vital and important tool and these doubters should look at who the enemy is. Is it your government? Is it the soldiers in a foreign land dying to protect you? Or is it the bearded bastards who'd shoot you back to Turkmenistan given half the chance? Oh...decisions, decisions. I'll take Option C for 5000 points Alec. Let's be realistic about this, Miller's intentions are good. We are in the right. The scum are in the wrong. A bit of flag waving is just what we need. But hey, don't forget England Frankie. And don't use the comic book to take potshots at Christianity either. You're an Atheist. We get it. Grow up and start being a little more tolerant. Do you see me killing Muslims and Jews? No. Do I make it a point of honour to stone homosexuals in the street? Of course not! So stop being a bigot. This comic has potential, great potential and we don't need you mucking it up with you Dawkinsist rhetoric.
I'm guessing there are no racist undertones in this either, am I right?

Personally, while I'd like to read this, I'm not holding my breath. Unless I missed something, there hasn't been any news on this in a long, long time and Miller's directing movies now.

I think Spirit and Sin City is probably what caused a lot of the delays for this and All-Star, but I'm sure he's still doing Terror as well as the Nancy Sin City story and the dialogue for the Neil Adams Batman story.

If Batman could go overseas in the 30's and 40's to fight Nazis, he can go overseas now to fight terrorists. I'm looking forward to it.

I agree, if there's a terrorist in Gotham, Batman is one who'll sort it out.

Yet again, we'll wait and see what Miller gives us!

when did bats go oversees to fight nazi's ???? captain amerca ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"