• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers Frank Welker As Megatron, So He Says!!

Godzilla2000 said:
Hasn't this link already been posted in here? Or am I getting this confused with a similar thread at the Transformers Movie messageboards?

Ohh I didn't see it anywhere, I could have missed it though.

I don't know the more I think about it the more appropret it seems that Mr. Welker should do the voice. As it was put in that letter, "to bring things full circle."

You can really tell he's getting older. He sounds alright, but not as strong as he once did. I guess with FX they could strengthen his voice. It was cool to hear, though.

Is it confirmed that he is Megatron?

That bug sounding, cigarette addicted, raspy pitched Megatron? :csad: :(

Kaye 100% :csad:

When he speaks real slow, he sounds like Uatu from MUA doing a Megatron impersonation. o_O

The guy hasn't done Megatron in more than a decade...of course he's going to be a little out of character. But he is the first, him and Cullen had good chemistry.

ALL the TF's had voice filters put over their FINAL vocals in post-production, in the cartoon series. It's on the TF's cartoons commentaries. Welker probably ALWAYS sounds the way he does in the clip. It's not like we heard him speak outside of being Megs, so there's no way to make that distinction.

But you can tell he was just coming up with material off the top of his head. He did not sound like he was speaking with a sense of urgency that you hear when someone's under duress. There's no way he could instantly get back into character after such a long period of time. With scripted dialogue I'm sure he would sound much more like what we imagine Megatron to sound like.

I haven't read the script in a while but
does megatron even have lines?

AyeCapn said:
I haven't read the script in a while but
does megatron even have lines?

He's got a few. Mostly in Cybertonian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"