• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers The Allspark Interviews Legend Frank Welker

Yeah, something like that. Just goes to show that little bit of voice FX works miracles.

Didn't someone post a thread in here saying there would be a big announce,ment at Botcon this month concerning the Transformers movie? Nothing short of them announcing that Frank Welker will be voicing Megatron would impress me.

Was Megatrons voice changed with digital FX in the G1 cartoon? I know they did with Soundwave (Welker did Soundwave as well) but he really doesn't sound too Megatron-y anymore to me...but that voice in the clip could work for Bay's Transformers.

The audio clip sounds like Megatron has gotten old and a bit feebile. He sounds so tired. Not much punch in his voice.

I don't think that's it Mal'Akai. It sounds like he's not trying to duplicate the cartoon voice. It sounds like he's trying something new to me, or he has forgotten what the old Megs actually sounds like....

you'll complain if you get welker, you'll complain if you don't get welker.

Not complaining, just putting my thoughts on what he sounded like out there. If that's as good a Megatron he can do, I'd like to see them find someone else. He just sounds tired. Maybe you're right, Golgo, might be trying something new.

Mal'Akai said:
Not complaining, just putting my thoughts on what he sounded like out there. If that's as good a Megatron he can do, I'd like to see them find someone else. He just sounds tired. Maybe you're right, Golgo, might be trying something new.
maybe not you specifically, but beware. now that you have voiced an opinion that could be assumed negetive, fan boys all over the internet will begin to hate the idea of welker voicing megatron.

Mal'Akai said:

That was just Welker saying what's on the top of his head...unscripted and with no direction. I'm sure that if he has Bay giving him direction with the proper dialogue that it would sound a lot better. But we'll see...to tell you the truth I don't see Welker's voice going with the movie version of Megatron. They contrast too much.

you guys are acting like welker is the only voice actor in the world...

It was defenitly Welker changing his Megs voice a bit. You could tell that it was on purpose. Considering Welker can still...well sound like Welker. Out of all his voice the one to change is Megatron...don't think so.

But nosebleed might be right. Welker is probably too good for that walking piece of tin:o

xwolverine2 said:
you guys are acting like welker is the only voice actor in the world...

No, that's not what the concern is about. Its because they have picked Cullen to voice Prime that it sort of seems ridiculous to not pick Welker as his nemesis.

nosebleed said:
No, that's not what the concern is about. Its because they have picked Cullen to voice Prime that it sort of seems ridiculous to not pick Welker as his nemesis.
how so?....

sounds like fanboy crazy talk to me

Cullen and Welker go together like a hot dog and a hot dog bun.

And Welker is just badass dammit. The dude voiced the gopher in caddyshack

xwolverine2 said:
how so?....

sounds like fanboy crazy talk to me

For crazy talk's sake let's say they are making a new X-Men movie. For even crazier talk let's say that they're bringing Xavier back to life. If they cast Patrick Stewart as Xavier and cast someone else aside from Ian McKellan as Magneto, would that be acceptable? I don't think it would be...or maybe that's just fanboy crazy talk.

when will people learn to just stop replying to xwolverine

zer00 said:
when will people learn to just stop replying to xwolverine

I'm hoping to get a legitimate argument out of that boy...instead of just *meh* replies.

zer00 said:
Cullen and Welker go together like a hot dog and a hot dog bun.

And Welker is just badass dammit. The dude voiced the gopher in caddyshack
They both worked on Go-Bots and G.I. Joe as well, so I guess they should always be together.

You fanboys are taking it too far, Welker sounds like CRAP in that audio file, I would rather even have someone else for Prime than Cullen, Heres to hoping they get a good voice for megs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"