• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers The Allspark Interviews Legend Frank Welker

nosebleed said:
For crazy talk's sake let's say they are making a new X-Men movie. For even crazier talk let's say that they're bringing Xavier back to life. If they cast Patrick Stewart as Xavier and cast someone else aside from Ian McKellan as Magneto, would that be acceptable? I don't think it would be...or maybe that's just fanboy crazy talk.

Xavier isn't dead, or did you not stay until the end of the credits?

ffejeromdiks said:
You fanboys are taking it too far, Welker sounds like CRAP in that audio file, I would rather even have someone else for Prime than Cullen, Heres to hoping they get a good voice for megs

cullen IS prime. there's nothing another voice actor could bring to it that would make it better.

anyway, the transformers (especially decepticons) speak so seldom in this movie that the voice actors won't matter that much. they might as well hire welker just to shut us up.

ffejeromdiks said:
You fanboys are taking it too far, Welker sounds like CRAP in that audio file, I would rather even have someone else for Prime than Cullen, Heres to hoping they get a good voice for megs
stop posting

I don't know. In that clip he just sounds like an old man to me. Nothing against him, and it'd be a good casting choice. But personally I like David Kaye's Megatron better.

sorry but Welker sounds baaaaad....not in a good way. in a way like he's been smoking too many cigarettes, holy cow. i'd rather them go with a really good Megatron imitator.

zer00 said:
stop posting

I have 24 posts..You have ONE THOUSAND TIMES MORE POSTS than me, Kind of ironic?

But it is true, you guys are funny saying that Welkers megatron sounds creepy and what not, accept the fact that it sounds like a OLD MAN trying to do an old voice.

Even the voice back in the 80's wasnt that great.

ffejeromdiks said:
But it is true, you guys are funny saying that Welkers megatron sounds creepy and what not, accept the fact that it sounds like a OLD MAN trying to do an old voice.
Even the voice back in the 80's wasnt that great.
i have to agree....

sounds like a chain smoker(mixed with) that now talks through his voice box thingy

Well its good to see Welker is still up and about, personally I want him to voice the movie Megatron.

If you still doubt Welker is a good voice actor, go listen to him on Futurama. The guy is still talented, don't let some impromptu quick clip prejudge whether he can do it or not.
He sounds very good in Futurama. If Matt and Trey can voice 8 year old kids on Southpark, I can't see why they can't alter Welkers voice to make it sound less aged. Most of that clip he misses the original Megatron alot, but when his voice breaks at the end he sounds more like him. In a studio, on the clock, with direction, he'll nail it.
Also seems clear that most of the transformers voices were altered to give them that metallic sound to their voices. Starscream being the most obvious. Ahh Starscream, I loved that voice alot, if only because he was speaking and screaming simultaneously. :)

I think for the sake of finances, it would be smart to hire Welker. Remember he also did the voice of Soundwave, Rumble, one of the constructicons and so many others. Why hire multiple voice talents for the TF's when Welker can do at least 50% of them himself?

And to be honest with you, i'm not really sure that that voice is actually Welker. It sounds like a fan playing Megatron to me. This is the net, anyone can post things and say it's legit. The voice on that audio clip did not sound like a professionally trained voice actor, who's had decades in the biz like Welker has.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:
I think for the sake of finances, it would be smart to hire Welker. Remember he also did the voice of Soundwave, Rumble, one of the constructicons and so many others. Why hire multiple voice talents for the TF's when Welker can do at least 50% of them himself?
or you can hire unknowns and it would be cheaper...

the guy that does like 20 voices in the simpsons get paid MILLIONS...

and that sounds like frank welker to me.... i wouldnt expect him to sound any different even if it was a fan.

Golgo13:The Hitman said:

And to be honest with you, i'm not really sure that that voice is actually Welker. It sounds like a fan playing Megatron to me. This is the net, anyone can post things and say it's legit. The voice on that audio clip did not sound like a professionally trained voice actor, who's had decades in the biz like Welker has.

No, it was him. He has a distinct way of saying "Prime", almost like Prayem, like there's a captain's "aye" in there somehow.

He did sound a bit aged in that clip, but it's still Megatron to me. Especially the last part, it actually sounded freaky!

I'm sure after he's gotten a script and gone over his lines we'll hear a big improvement. Afterall, that was improv was it not?

goddamit get welker to save Megatron.

CherryRedSpider said:
Here's an article posted Friday, September 22, 2006. There's an audio clip as "a Special Message From Megatron himself!" He sounds like an older Megatron in my opinion. Is he addressing the movie?!?!

http://www.allspark.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=3

I finally just listened to this, he does sound older but still himself. I didn't know what he was saying, I just zoned out after a minute like I felt like I was being hypnotized. Normally I wouldn't care if they changed megs voice and used someone else, but under the circumstances I think this could at least be the one thing to make movie megs familiar to the audience.

ffejeromdiks said:

Did it ever penetrate your thick, crap filled skull that Welker has not done Megatron in 20 years? Your ignorance fails to realize also that in the G1 show they used to sweeten all the voices for the Transformers to make them sound more mechanical and robotic. Please, stop wasting our time with your nonsensical, hate filled words.

cryptic name said:
cullen IS prime. there's nothing another voice actor could bring to it that would make it better.

anyway, the transformers (especially decepticons) speak so seldom in this movie that the voice actors won't matter that much. they might as well hire welker just to shut us up.

How can you be 100% certain there have not been any alterations in the script between the time it had been written nearly a year ago and now?

DorkyFresh said:
sorry but Welker sounds baaaaad....not in a good way. in a way like he's been smoking too many cigarettes, holy cow. i'd rather them go with a really good Megatron imitator.

I'm gonna punch you in your eyeball.

Welker sounds awesome!

And xw2, that rocks what you did to the voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"