• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers The Allspark Interviews Legend Frank Welker

skip to this
Can you discuss your involvement with the upcoming Transformers movie? Since you've auditioned, tell us what process you went through, and how you were contacted about it. How did the fans demand for your audition make you feel?

I got a call a while back to meet with Mike Bay and others but our schedules didn't mesh. Then I got a call from the agency saying the studio would like to hear some Meg tracks. So we laid down a few lines and sent them in. Later there was a request for me to do kind of a brief improv for two very nice casting folks but none of the producers were present. I think they are still split on how they would like to go with Megatron. If they do decide to use me, I may not hear from them until post production. I usually work at the end of the production, putting a voice to what the director has created. It works great that way because I can see what he wants, it's right there on the screen. That is always a blast for me...to be left alone in a dark studio with the picture and go for it! As to the FANS, I can't say enough about them. First, I had no idea how many and how loyal they are...there is no doubt that the guys at the studio want to do this project right and they want the fans to be happy. They will do their own thing which they should, but they do listen to the fans and that is a credit to them and to the power of the people!

i hope spielberg chooses the right guy for megs......

in my opinion thats the best person for the movie

I really hope they go with Frank Welker, Even hearing that audio clip, He still sounds like Megatron. :D

I think Frank's voice could work just fine with the help of some vocal FX filtering and processing. If you would take a minute and listen to what I did here with that audio clip from the above link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVIXKMUH

Sounds more intimidating and 'robotic', doesn't it?

I really hope they use Frank for the voice. I'm not sure how he'll fit with that sack of crap they are calling Megatron, but Cullen is in, so get Frank in there dammit. :cmad:

IKnowSomeJudo said:
I think Frank's voice could work just fine with the help of some vocal FX filtering and processing. If you would take a minute and listen to what I did with that audio clip from the above link:

He sounds perfect when he keeps it low and creepy (nobody hisses the word DECEPTICONS the way he does.... it's just *powerful*!). But he would have to be "well directed" by Bay or something so as not to sound too Dr. Evil cartoony as he sorta does towards the end of that snippet.

Still, having Cullen and Welker- and the barest semblance of the G1 story- might be the only thing this movie needs to connect with the fans and lapsed fans in a big big way.

Itd be nice to get Welker but I just cant see him being the voice of that ugly ass thing in the movie though:down

CFlash said:
He sounds perfect when he keeps it low and creepy (nobody hisses the word DECEPTICONS the way he does.... it's just *powerful*!).
I know what you mean... that throaty "DECEPTIKAHHGRHHNS". Very cool.

If Welker did the voice, it would certainly be less painful to watch that walking crap pile they made out of a Megatron. Go Welker.

Saint said:
If Welker did the voice, it would certainly be less painful to watch that walking crap pile they made out of a Megatron. Go Welker.

DOG LIPS said:
I really hope they use Frank for the voice. I'm not sure how he'll fit with that sack of crap they are calling Megatron, but Cullen is in, so get Frank in there dammit. :cmad:

interesting.

They already got Peter for Optimus, they should get Frank Welker for Megatron.

like you people keep saying...... megatron does not look like megatron so change the voice to make it fit the design.

IKnowSomeJudo said:
I think Frank's voice could work just fine with the help of some vocal FX filtering and processing. If you would take a minute and listen to what I did here with that audio clip from the above link:

could you upload the normal untouched version..... i wanna give it a shot

My God...Welker still rocks. Not that he has time to get rusty:o

I hope they get Welker. He might be able to save that walking piece of tin design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"