• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Article about the movie on Fwooshnet.com

Did I miss something? Is the film out somewhere?

Did I miss something? Is the film out somewhere?

i'm loving everything i've seen from this film, but stop with these kinda comments please. there are (some) intelligent people here who've read the script and have been keeping track of the movie since it was announced. you don't need to see the movie to form an early opinion...

i'm loving everything i've seen from this film, but stop with these kinda comments please. there are (some) intelligent people here who've read the script and have been keeping track of the movie since it was announced. you don't need to see the movie to form an early opinion...

So why are people condemning the final film already? :wow:

So why are people condemning the final film already? :wow:
you don't need to see the whole thing in order to get a sense of what the finished product will feel like. i've looked at many unfinished illustrations and i could instantly tell if the finished product would turn out great or not....

...same thing with movies. so please, chill out w/those kinda comments. they're not constructive.

Ok, but be ready to be construed as biased when you review the movie.

btw:

62s8pdy.jpg

Ok, but be ready to be construed as biased when you review the movie.
i'll be the first to tell you that my casual fan approach to TF has given me bias...we all have our own bias. i can see the good AND the bad stuff going on in this production but i choose to like instead of hate it. i don't care if people call me bias...i just care if i like the movie or not and from what i've seen...i'm lovin' it!

i'll be the first to tell you that my casual fan approach to TF has given me bias...we all have our own bias. i can see the good AND the bad stuff going on in this production but i choose to like instead of hate it. i don't care if people call me bias...i just care if i like the movie or not and from what i've seen...i'm lovin' it!

You know what... I've come to totally understand points of view like this. I even agree with it. I feel the same way towards other projects that many people thought underwhelmed... like Superman Returns and Spidey 3- two movies that I myself enjoyed.

I guess what makes Transformers different in my book (aside from a greater affinity to Transformers as a kid)- and I've said it several times- is that I truly think Michael Bay is a bad filmmaker. I understand he's "good at what he does" but, personally, I hate what "he does." Transformers deserved so much better than pure empty "effects" spectacle. I can't understand how anyone can even defend this sort of filmmaking after Godzilla 98. And, make no mistake, Bay is the same kind of filmmaker.

I can't understand how anyone can even defend this sort of filmmaking after Godzilla 98.
It's all about the opening weekend for some reason... Staying power and quality just doesn't enter into the equation. If they can get butts in seats on opening weekend, they make their money back and can move on to the next project.

I guess what makes Transformers different in my book (aside from a greater affinity to Transformers as a kid)- and I've said it several times- is that I truly think Michael Bay is a bad filmmaker. I understand he's "good at what he does" but, personally, I hate what "he does." Transformers deserved so much better than pure empty "effects" spectacle. I can't understand how anyone can even defend this sort of filmmaking after Godzilla 98. And, make no mistake, Bay is the same kind of filmmaker.
that's where you and i differ. i don't mind what he does because i love brain-numbing action extravaganzas as long as it's quality action with a story that i can at least accept. i DON'T like stuff like Mummy Returns, Van Helsing, Stealth, Fast and Furious, etc. the movies that take huge liberties just to make everything seem "cooler" (example: impossible weapons, unrealistic looking technology, etc.)

out of the action junkie directors out there right now, i'd put Bay near the top (along with J.J. Abrams). he's not a director that makes deep, throught-provoking movies but i wouldn't call him a "hack" by any means. he has his faults as a person but i enjoy his movies if my brain isn't operating at full capacity.

as for Bay making the same kinda films as Godzilla....i enjoyed Godzilla too. not to say that it didn't have it's flaws either but i never understood why it didn't get good reception from the American audience.

You know what... I've come to totally understand points of view like this. I even agree with it. I feel the same way towards other projects that many people thought underwhelmed... like Superman Returns and Spidey 3- two movies that I myself enjoyed.

sorry I promised to leave the circle jerk, but I can't resist throwing a comment in on this post and then running away quickly before I get burned.

I don't defend mediocrity... I abhor it. I think filmmakers shouldn't settle for an ok movie. They should always aim for a masterpiece and let the chips fall where they may. With that said, I don't get the hate for the godzilla movie. Was it because there was no godzuki? :huh:

sorry I promised to leave the circle jerk, but I can't resist throwing a comment in on this post and then running away quickly before I get burned.

I don't defend mediocrity... I abhor it. I think filmmakers shouldn't settle for an ok movie. They should always aim for a masterpiece and let the chips fall where they may. With that said, I don't get the hate for the godzilla movie. Was it because there was no godzuki? :huh:

1) No nuke fire. 2) Sissy monster. 3) "missed the point" plot. 4) Jurassic Park rip off when it totally didn't need to be that.

To me, the movie was passable up until the Jurassic Park "influenced" escape from Madison Square sequence. I almost throw up from the sheer idiocy of that sequence. Something that should have been *terrifying* was reduced to funny and trite. I feel the same way about the Dino Stampede in King Kong.

The fact is that film makers take liberties with the source that aren't necessary at all. They change things or add things that don't make for a better movie in any way, and it detracts from the final product. It's sad but it's always been this way, and I don't see it changing.

No "updated" movie adaption has so completely ignored the point of the source the way this movie has. Not X-Men, not Spidey, not Fantastic Four.... not even Daredevil.
]

Daredevil, like the film or not, is pretty damn accurate.

Yeah. Unfortunately, the script for Transformers was written by the same guy. And, although it's been updated since then by other writers, it still carries his name. The story is still his.

Yes this is true. What's also true is that writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman were hired and did alot of editing to John Rogers crappy script.

Yes this is true. What's also true is that writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman were hired and did alot of editing to John Rogers crappy script.

And as far as I know almost every single plot element is still the same. But, I'm sure at least the dialog is a lot better... hopefully.

Yeah. Unfortunately, the script for Transformers was written by the same guy. And, although it's been updated since then by other writers, it still carries his name. The story is still his.
That sucks. Hopefully the movie won't be that bad. At least we got the action scenes to get us by.:woot:

I guess we can't really blame Bay if the story sucks. He is mainly directing the action and working with the story he is given.

So.. the best that those who defend this movie can bring is "look, boobs !" ? Why am I not surprised ?

Anyway, yeah, I did write the article, so I thank everyone for reading and those who liked it for the kind words. It's not really important who wrote it, though. Just what it says.

So.. the best that those who defend this movie can bring is "look, boobs !" ? Why am I not surprised ?

Anyway, yeah, I did write the article, so I thank everyone for reading and those who liked it for the kind words. It's not really important who wrote it, though. Just what it says.

Really good read CSH. You ARE going to review the movie aren't you? If so I'll look forward to that as well.

I liked reading the article even though I don't agree with you said. You're probably right that this film could have turned out to be more thought provoking but, none of us have seen the final product so it could turn out to be better than what you predicted. I expect to see a great action flick filled with unique sci-fi elements. The story might be a little weak but, I think it will be considerably better than the storylines of Godzilla, ID4, Mummy Returns, and Van Helsing. I'm not to fond of Micheal Bay's movies yet, he still made one of my favorite movies(The Rock).

I liked reading the article even though I don't agree with you said. You're probably right that this film could have turned out to be more thought provoking but, none of us have seen the final product so it could turn out to be better than what you predicted. I expect to see a great action flick filled with unique sci-fi elements. The story might be a little weak but, I think it will be considerably better than the storylines of Godzilla, ID4, Mummy Returns, and Van Helsing. I'm not to fond of Micheal Bay's movies yet, he still made one of my favorite movies(The Rock).

I've liked Michael Bay's films as well. But that was before he started to try and adapt something I've been a fan of since I was 7 years old. Then he started speaking on his message board and doing interviews...showing what can almost be described as contempt...for Transformer fans. Then my respect for him dwindled...and to this day he still hasn't said anything positive about the fans. Tom DeSanto, on the other hand, is the only producer attached to this movie who has said that fans are integral to this movie and that their voice is VERY important. Well, besides the wacko that is Don Murphy who'll only listen to his stooges.

I still like Bay's past movies for what they are...fun, action filled spectacles. But I wouldn't call them epic or smart.

I've liked Michael Bay's films as well. But that was before he started to try and adapt something I've been a fan of since I was 7 years old. Then he started speaking on his message board and doing interviews...showing what can almost be described as contempt...for Transformer fans. Then my respect for him dwindled...and to this day he still hasn't said anything positive about the fans. Tom DeSanto, on the other hand, is the only producer attached to this movie who has said that fans are integral to this movie and that their voice is VERY important. Well, besides the wacko that is Don Murphy who'll only listen to his stooges.

I still like Bay's past movies for what they are...fun, action filled spectacles. But I wouldn't call them epic or smart.

I'd go further and call them dumb and one of the worst examples of filmmaking. Not so much because they're cliched and hackneyed (lots of B-movies that I love are), but because Michael Bay doesn't know what cliched and hackneyed even means.

The rock wasn't epic and smart? As for Don Murphy I don't know how that guy has stayed employed after producing multiple crappy movies and being a jackass towards many of the people he works with.

I'd go further and call them dumb and one of the worst examples of filmmaking. Not so much because they're cliched and hackneyed (lots of B-movies that I love are), but because Michael Bay doesn't know what cliched and hackneyed even means.

You can give Micheal a little more credit than this can't you. Check out my hack list. Micheal is considerably better than all the directors I consider to be hacks. Micheal is also a better director than Uwe Bol, Stephen Summers, and Roland Emmerich.

The rock wasn't epic and smart? As for Don Murphy I don't know how that guy has stayed employed after producing multiple crappy movies and being a jackass towards many of the people he works with.

Though I like The Rock I wouldn't call it epic. Its become usual Bay fare...his own brand of "smart" I guess. Lots of comedic elements but you can pretty much set your brain aside for the duration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"