• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Transformers Article about the movie on Fwooshnet.com

You can give Micheal a little more credit than this can't you. Check out my hack list. Micheal is considerably better than all the directors I consider to be hacks. Micheal is also a better director than Uwe Bol, Stephen Summers, and Roland Emmerich.

Michael Bay is on par with Roland Emmerich. But, to ask me to compare him to Uwe Bol is like asking me to compare Backstreet Boys to Sanjaya. Sure, Backstreet Boys are slicker and well-produced... but they both suck.

Michael Bay is on par with Roland Emmerich. But, to ask me to compare him to Uwe Bol is like asking me to compare Backstreet Boys to Sanjaya. Sure, Backstreet Boys are slicker and well-produced... but they both suck.

You mentioned a few names that should never be spoken (or typed)on these forums, ever.... I'm a little disappointed:p

I disagree with Bay being on par with Emmerich. Bay has made one cool movie(The Rock). Emmerich has not unless you consider Stargate to be a good film.:oldrazz: That makes Bay slightly better than Emmerich.

Bay's action sequences are much more intense and in your face than Emmerich's are.

Bay's action style won't cut it anymore since it's been so over-used in every action movie since bad boys. Every movie has the constant epic-scope with the sun glare in the background and slow mo. Just watch 300, it's like michael bay on crack...

I get the feeling bay's changing things up and might rely on character more than style. I don't know how he plans to balance things this time. He's a great showman, that's for sure. If the characters and story fall short and/or are crap like in pearl harbor at least you can enjoy the fireworks... but this time I think he's focused more on character... why pearl harbor suffers is because so many characters are one dimensional that we don't give a damn about them at all. from the clips I've seen I already think I'm going to root for shia and megan when they get into stuff together. They seem to me like a cute couple, like the real peter and mj ought to be.

I disagree with Bay being on par with Emmerich. Bay has made one cool movie(The Rock). Emmerich has not unless you consider Stargate to be a good film.:oldrazz: That makes Bay slightly better than Emmerich.

I hear people cite that movie a lot like it redeems the rest of Bay's slew of bad films. It doesn't.... that movie is totally driven by the great cast.

But, you're right... Michael Bay is "slightly better" than Emmerich. Only marginally so IMO.

Really good read CSH. You ARE going to review the movie aren't you? If so I'll look forward to that as well.

Oops, forgot to answer this before.

No, I won't be reviewing the actual movie. I said that I would never to watch it, and I stand by my word.

No, I won't be reviewing the actual movie. I said that I would never to watch it, and I stand by my word.

Too bad, I was looking forward to a review from you. Well, I'll try and post an unbiased review here.

You should watch it. Your constructive criticism would be welcomed and thought provoking.

Just pay to see Die Hard 4 and sneak into TINO like the rest of the purists. :woot: :trans:

You should watch it. Your constructive criticism would be welcomed and thought provoking.

Just pay to see Die Hard 4 and sneak into TINO like the rest of the purists. :woot: :trans:

i don't get how that helps anything. you're still spending your money...but you're giving money to the competition instead. if you just pay for a Transformers ticket, you're insuring that TF gets a sequel. a sequel means another chance at getting a Transformers movie that's actually worthy of the name to you guys. sure there's always the chance Bay might direct the 2nd one but he'll be busy with the movie "2012" until 2010 and surely they'll want to get TF2 on track asap. not to mention Bay was hesitant to say that he'd be on board for the sequel...

...basically, buying a ticket for one movie to see a different one is just asinine because you're paying for 1 movie because you don't want to support the movie that you're swallowing your pride to go and see anyway.

I don't think that you understand my way of boycott. I won't even watch it when it hits TV. It's an integrity thing.

And secondarily, a "prevent rage-induced blood bath" thing.

i don't get how that helps anything. you're still spending your money...but you're giving money to the competition instead. if you just pay for a Transformers ticket, you're insuring that TF gets a sequel. a sequel means another chance at getting a Transformers movie that's actually worthy of the name to you guys. sure there's always the chance Bay might direct the 2nd one but he'll be busy with the movie "2012" until 2010 and surely they'll want to get TF2 on track asap. not to mention Bay was hesitant to say that he'd be on board for the sequel...

...basically, buying a ticket for one movie to see a different one is just asinine because you're paying for 1 movie because you don't want to support the movie that you're swallowing your pride to go and see anyway.

Nah. Bay isn't getting my money.

No purist should pay to see their fandom trivialized. I'd rather that money go to Bruce Willis. :trans:

My opinion is: LESSON LEARNED.
I went through this in 1998. I vowed never again. Unless I hear that TF is the best, most exciting, AND thought-provoking movie since Terminator and the Matrix, it's waiting till DVD. Critics and word-of-mouth will decide for me.... this time anyway.

And, yeah, Blind_Fury, I don't disagree with you on the Bruce Willis comment. :up: But, I'm open to word-of-mouth.

My opinion is: LESSON LEARNED.
I went through this in 1998. I vowed never again. Unless I hear that TF is the best, most exciting, AND thought-provoking movie since Terminator and the Matrix, it's waiting till DVD. Critics and word-of-mouth will decide for me.... this time anyway.

And, yeah, Blind_Fury, I don't disagree with you on the Bruce Willis comment. :up: But, I'm open to word-of-mouth.

Come on now brotha, you know as well as i, that no matter how the movie is recieved, you AND i will be there within a week or two to actual witness the crapfest/or blockbuster first hand. We've invested way too much time on these boards not to.....

Come on now brotha, you know as well as i, that no matter how the movie is recieved, you AND i will be there within a week or two to actual witness the crapfest/or blockbuster first hand. We've invested way too much time on these boards not to.....

OK.... mayyyyyybe.... within a week or two. But I'm fully prepared to walk out in the middle if Bay makes me throw up with his craptasticness filmmaking.

Actually, I might go on opening weekend... during peak time... and if I hate it, cry out "man, that ***** sucked!!!!" as I'm walking out to influence the people waiting on line to get in for the next showing. That's exactly what a dude did to us and everone of us walked into Spidey 3 with a heavy heart because of it.

I'll be there opening day. I'll have my review up that same day.

OK.... mayyyyyybe.... within a week or two. But I'm fully prepared to walk out in the middle if Bay makes me throw up with his craptasticness filmmaking.

Actually, I might go on opening weekend... during peak time... and if I hate it, cry out "man, that ***** sucked!!!!" as I'm walking out to influence the people waiting on line to get in for the next showing. That's exactly what a dude did to us and everone of us walked into Spidey 3 with a heavy heart because of it.

In the middle? That's exactly when i expect it to be crappy. It's the last 30 minutes that i'm looking forward too. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"