Friday Night Lights

That's a shame. He was really good. :(

So I am just starting season five and wow, this show has been one very epic ride. Coach Taylor is my hero.

Since you are just starting season five, you have some quality Billy Riggins to look forward to.

Absolutely loved the show. Probably one of the best shows that NBC had and they just could never find a way to accurately market or place the show.

The deal with DirecTV really saved the show. I was very thankful for that.

Since you are just starting season five, you have some quality Billy Riggins to look forward to.

I love Billy, he is so funny but he is great because he genuinely is just a good guy who is lost, he has a interesting past because he is the exact prototypical Dillon former star and it's just amazing.

I am watching this now, am on season two.

It is a phenomenal show, simply unbelievable.

I am watching this now, am on season two.

It is a phenomenal show, simply unbelievable.
It really was, probably one of NBC's best shows that they just didn't know how to market at the time. The only problem with Season 2 is that it gets a clipped ending due to the writer's strike that occurred at midseason, which cut off 7 of the planned episodes.

I am watching season two now and it is difficult emotionally.

Tim Riggins is trying to be a better person, but everyone assumes the worst of him. His coach found him adjusting hos daughter so that she would mot vomit in her sleep, he thought she was trying to bone her and wouldn't listen to him, kicked him out of the house. That is the whoke season for him. He goes to help jason street in mexico and is kicked off the team. He goes to move to a different apartment to have his own spacd and ends up with a crazy meth head.

It is painful to watch but it rings true.

I am not digging season three. The jolt from season two, all the offscreen character development, really sucked.

I am not digging season three. The jolt from season two, all the offscreen character development, really sucked.
Now you see what I'm talking about Season 2 feeling clipped since the beginning of Season 3 is left to clean up the mess that the writer's strike created, which ruins the natural progression the beginning of the first couple seasons each had.

I thought season two was ok. They did not need to never again mention Santiago, or to not explain why Lyla left the church and her boyfriend. A guest star episode or even a few lines of exposition would have been good. They chose not to, not hecause of the writer's strike.

There is this weird arc where Jason Street becomes a professional sports agent a year after completing his GED.

I am not sure how season four will handle the departures of Riggins, Saracen, Lyla, Julie, and Tyra as they are all graduating. I will see.

I think they did a good job with the storyline of Julie losing her virginity. It is a nice payoff from a really sweet scene in season one.

This show lost me at Season 2. The Tyra subplot was awful, and Jason Street just began to annoy me.

yeah season 2 had some missteps but season 3 was a great comeback. Pretty much seasons 1, 3, 4, and 5 were all great. Seasons 1 and 3 were my favorite.

I didn't hate 2. I still liked it better than season 4.
While the Tyra subplot did bother me and so did Julie, I didn't mind any of the other plots.

Usually during a rewatch I skip the Tyra scenes.

Seasons 2+3 mostly bored me, i might have bailed on the show if it had remained this boring.

But my God ... season 4 is tremendous so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"