The Dark Knight From LatinoReview: Joker Intro SPOILERS!

Sadly enough both FF films were better than Begins, and they were average at best. They were far more true to the source material than any of the Nolan stuff has been to the Batman stuff. You see, Batman doesn't wear armor, he wears cloth. Also, the joker doesn't wear makeup, his face is bleached white. The Batman of Batman Dead End is the only authentic portrayal of the character on film to date and the new films haven't done anything to change that.

That comment alone tells me that it's a waste talking to you.... FF has got to be the absolute worst, most ****ing ridiculous superhero-franchise ever! It ranks right up there with Batman & Robin! "FF better than BB"... I could laugh over that comment, but quite frankly, it's not funny, it's scary hearing somebody say that; more importantly, it's soooo UNtrue! And the FantasticFour concept alone is so incredibly lame.

Sadly enough both FF films were better than Begins, and they were average at best. They were far more true to the source material than any of the Nolan stuff has been to the Batman stuff. You see, Batman doesn't wear armor, he wears cloth. Also, the joker doesn't wear makeup, his face is bleached white. The Batman of Batman Dead End is the only authentic portrayal of the character on film to date and the new films haven't done anything to change that.
Get out!!!!

If this spoiler is true, I love it. :D

LMAO...
holding money ransom

That comment alone tells me that it's a waste talking to you.... FF has got to be the absolute worst, most ****ing ridiculous superhero-franchise ever! It ranks right up there with Batman & Robin! "FF better than BB"... I could laugh over that comment, but quite frankly, it's not funny, it's scary hearing somebody say that; more importantly, it's soooo UNtrue! And the FantasticFour concept alone is so incredibly lame.

Meh, to me he seems like one of these people who don't care about the quality of the acting or the story, or capturing the spirit of the comics while at the same time producing a film that's good on its own merits. Whether a film is good or not is entirely dependant on how exactly the costumes are recreated.

The Dark Knight begins with the Joker robbing a huge bank (we’ve seen photos of this everywhere). The bank is where the mob and all the gangs in Gotham keep all of their money. The Joker takes this money and holds it “ransom”. The Joker then says to the mob and the gangs of Gotham, “If you help me take down Batman, you’ll get your money back. If not, I’m going to burn it all.” This is how the Joker assembles his army to take down Batman.

Yeah, that's just stupid. What, he's going to walk out of the bank with every bit of money the mob has in there? That'd be what, four, five bags (note the sarcasm)? Or is he going to electronically steal it all somehow?

And...every gang and mob in Gotham keeps their money in the same bank? In GOTHAM, no less? Not in Swiss bank accounts?

That's just a stupid, stupid plan. And incredibly contrived. I like the idea behind it, and I see where it could potentially go :Gotham's criminals all against Batman (which they already were), , and a warehouse full of money going up in flames, but the actual specifics of that are just dumb.

theres staying true to the source and having a good film, its about how dear you hold the source really. And books, comics in fact any source isnt necessraily gonna be great if you stay perfectly faithful

OMGWTFLOL!

Are you 5-year old ******ed mutant? Because you sound like one.

It's not that unbelievable for mobsters to stash their money all in one place. These people have trust issues.

Even if they diversify their money, it's almost a certainty that the bulk of it would be kept in one place they would have easy access to and with an establishment they trust. I'd rather they have it all in one bank rather than watch the Joker break into the homes of mob bosses and cracking their safes.

Gotta love backseat-screenwriters on internet forums.

Sadly enough both FF films were better than Begins, and they were average at best.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I think this Latino Review story is BS, it sounds good, but there is too much evidence to suggest otherwise. Anyone who is on here or BOF could just gather all the info and make up a story like this. Until we see the finished item, or indeed this prologue in December, theres going to be more stories like this.

The whole Joker asking the mob to get Batman for him, kind of contradicts Caine saying "They turned to a man they didnt fully understand" in the teaser

I'm sure it will all make sense in the context of the film :)

Sounds good, but a little bit like a 'retro'...

Hey, is anybody here who can translate this article? :word:

THe mob has all of his money in ONE bank??

Stupid. stupid. stupid.

There are two stupid elements to this:

1. In a city the size of Gotham, for some reason, EVERY mob and gang in Gotham has all or a significant portion of their money in one bank.

2. The Joker somehow transporting all that money, unless he's doing this electronically. I guess now we know what the school bus is for. But even a schoolbus I would think wouldn't be large enough to transport that much money.

3. We've already seen something like this in two comic book movies. ROAD TO PERDITION and THE PUNISHER. :)

It's not that unbelievable for mobsters to stash their money all in one place. These people have trust issues.

And for exactly that reason, it's incredibly unrealistic for them all to have it in the same bank. That's just an absurd concept.

Even if they diversify their money, it's almost a certainty that the bulk of it would be kept in one place they would have easy access to and with an establishment they trust. I'd rather they have it all in one bank rather than watch the Joker break into the homes of mob bosses and cracking their safes.

There's a reason Swiss bank accounts exist. A mob is going to want their money to be safe, and they certainly wouldn't leave it in a bank in the most crime ridden city in America.

Gotta love backseat-screenwriters on internet forums.

Gotta love professional writers who don't think logically beyond their plot.

I don't mind The Joker robbing the bank to get the means to bribe someone to off Batman. But this is a bit farfetched. Now, it could be hyperbole, and he's not actually taking "all" their money. And that I'd be ok with, if acquiring capital to make his plans work was just part of his plan.

That's the dumbest thing I've heard since that "AMH is the Riddler" discussion a while back.

Won't all the money be insured anyway? It's not like Grandma hiding her savings under the mattress. Unless the mob own the bank

Not all the money would be insured. It's only up to a certain amount.

And clearly mobs in Gotham are too stupid to put SOME of their money in one bank and SOME in another so it's all insured. You know, like real mobsters.

Why would he hold money ransom and then hold criminals and non-criminals ransom for the same purpose.
barge explosion
Is all of TDK just the Joker holding things for ransom?
The Joker: "I got this boot here, it probably belongs to someone, but you are not gonna get it, unless you give me Batman!!"

This news is awesome. Though, I'm afraid I'm knowing too much about the film...I hope it won't ruin the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"