From THE CHAMPIONS to THE ORDER

I thought it was interesting. "Gross"? Maybe, but if Garth Ennis, Alan Moore, or Grant Morrison had written something similar (and I am sure some of them may have), everyone'd be claming how brilliant it was. I thought it was a good combination of their powers considering the situation and it was certainly something I didn't predict. That counts for something.

Milo is a bad-ass.

Anyway, I will miss this book terribly, and I can only hope that Fraction brings some of the Order with him for his Iron Man book. That may happen, considering Pepper "Athena" Potts was a Stark supporting character anyway. And Henry "Anthem" Hellrung has been ret-conned into one.

I thought it was interesting. "Gross"? Maybe, but if Garth Ennis, Alan Moore, or Grant Morrison had written something similar (and I am sure some of them may have), everyone'd be claming how brilliant it was. I thought it was a good combination of their powers considering the situation and it was certainly something I didn't predict. That counts for something.
It would've been gross regardless of who did it. I don't know what Ennis, Moore, or Morrison have to do with anything. :huh:

Anyway, I didn't even mean it negatively. I liked the issue. That moment was just one of those moments where I sat up and went "eww" while reading a comic.

It would've been gross regardless of who did it. I don't know what Ennis, Moore, or Morrison have to do with anything. :huh:

Anyway, I didn't even mean it negatively. I liked the issue. That moment was just one of those moments where I sat up and went "eww" while reading a comic.

I brought those guys up because I recalled when in Morrison's NXM, they had that bit with Nova is revealed to be an evil twin/parasite thing and Xavier as a fetus strangles her in the womb. That to me was one of the most sickening things I'd seen in a comic. Because it was Morrison, though, everyone reacted like it was the best thing since AMAZING FANTASY #15. It was personal.

I thought it was cool. To each their own.

Pfft, that wasn't even in my top ten of sick s**t I've seen in a comic. Hell, the first arc of Garth Ennis' The Boys series alone has several scenes that pwn Morrison's X-Men, and paraplegic mud sex. Now had it actually been on panel, and involved a bit of coprophilia, i'd consider it a contender.

The Boys sucks. Shock storytelling for shock storytelling's sake blows. :down

I'm not too fond of Robertson's current style, either. His earlier Transmet issues were killer.

His current style is pretty oppressively dark and scratchy. I preferred his earlier style too.

He's also one of those artists who does well to not ink their own work, I've noticed.

Pfft, that wasn't even in my top ten of sick s**t I've seen in a comic. Hell, the first arc of Garth Ennis' The Boys series alone has several scenes that pwn Morrison's X-Men, and paraplegic mud sex. Now had it actually been on panel, and involved a bit of coprophilia, i'd consider it a contender.

I don't doubt that. I don't read THE BOYS, though.

You should. If for no other reason than to have more to contribute to a conversation about sick s**t in comics besides something pathetic like embryo homicide. :rolleyes: :p

Meh, I dropped the Boys like a bad habbit a long time ago.

But Grant Morisson's The Fifth - that has some real ****ed up **** in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"