"From The Pages Of..." Comics Universe RPG: Season I Signup/OOC Thread

UltimateRPGs

Overseer of Ultimate
Reaction score
comicgz2.png

Welcome to the "From The Pages Of..." Comics RPG!

Like the previously established One Universe: Marvel and DC Crossover RPG, this comic book roleplaying game is specifically designed for a custom universe in which several previously unrelated heroes can co-exist. Unlike many RPG's, however, this game deals with Small & Independently Licensed characters.​

Since this is the first season, there is not yet a character specific pre-established history, so many characters and their respective histories remain untouched. Grab them while you can!​

GAMEMASTERS
wiegeabo - Game Master
Byrd Man - AGM
Carnage27 - AGM
Master Bruce - From the Pages Of... RPG Founder

SYPNOSIS

Long ago, there existed a world filled with strange and powerful beings. While some dedicated their lives to protecting and serving mankind, others sought to use their gifts to enslave the world. This was the metahuman race, and unbeknownst to the public at large, a war was brewing between good and evil. As the years went by, criminals became less tolerable and more vicious, prompting a darker breed of hero. Eventually, when public outcry was voiced in the 1980's, the two sides clashed, leading to what is today known as 'The Purge': The day that both superhero and supervillain alike seemingly died or disappeared into retirement.

It is now the year 2008, and a secreted society of new metahumans, mystics, and vigilantes await a time to resurface. Prompted by the fascist regime of England's governal party, Norsefire, many are pushed into action once more, be it by one set of circumstances or entirely different ones. And even as this phenomena occurs, some still live among human kind discreetly, waiting for when their unusual abilities will be exposed to the world. It is a time of great questioning and confusion for these individuals, as society looks on into a new age.

One thing is known for sure: The world will never be the same.

RULES
  • You may choose anyone not applicable in any DC, Marvel, or Star Wars oriented RPG's. However, bear in mind that you must reinvent them according to the game's universe, as detailed above.
  • Variations of other heroes (IE: Darkclaw, Spider-Girl, Red Son Superman) or custom characters will not be permitted. Neither will any character who has never appeared in a comic book. If they're not in a comic, they're not in this game.
  • Applications must be approved by at least one game staffer before being considered truly accepted. If you post in the IC thread beforehand, your post is subject to deletion. Game staffers reserve the right to deny applications for any given reason.
  • You must post once every two weeks, or your character is up for grabs to anyone else. If you know that you cannot post for two weeks or more, please specify in this thread ahead of time.
  • You are your character, so act like it. Remain consistent with their powers and personalities, unless otherwise stated. Freedom in writing is a key, but so is honoring the character you've chosen. Become your character.
  • You can travel anywhere on Earth, or off-planet, provided it's within your character's means. Claire Bennet cannot go into space without explanation, but Space Ghost requires it.
  • No random killing. All characters being played, non-playable characters being used, or major characters in general requires special permission to be killed from their players. Failure to comply with this will result in immediate termination of your character rights.
  • Be serious. No slander, or impractical actions, such as never falling during battle, or enslaving the Earth. If confused, look to your fellow players for guidance on how to practically play the game.
  • All regular Hype rules apply, needless to be said.
  • And most important of all, have fun with it.
- - -

Applying for a character

You may choose any character you desire, and play them, simply by filling out the application below and posting it in this thread.

From The Pages Of... RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name:

Character you'd like to portray:

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest:

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?):

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it):

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?:

List a few reasons why you chose this character:

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG:

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG:

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:

ROSTER

HEROES

Charles 'Chuck' Bartowski
(wiegeabo)

Dean Winchester
(wiegeabo)

Dirty Harry
(Byrd Man)

Hamato Leonardo
(Carnage27)

Hannibal Smith
(Byrd Man)

Harry Dresden
(Catman_prb)

Optimus Prime
(Eddie Brock)

Sherlock Holmes
(Byrd Man)

The Doctor
(Catman_prb)

WALKING THE LINE

V
(Carnage27)

VILLAINS

Dracula
(Carnage27)

Randall Flagg
(Catman_prb)

The Master
(The Question)

wrath2fu5.png

Last edited:
Location, location, location...
With every universe, there exists a planet or realm inhabited by the majority of life within it's galaxy. This universe is no exception.

NORTH AMERICA (The United States)

New York City: Divided into five prominent boroughs: Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island. Home to over eight million American citizens, with nearly a fifth of that being a secret population of superpowered individuals.

Manhattan: Protected by a group of mutants called 'The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'. Their existence remains largely scarce. Prominent superpowered individuals include Peter and Nathan Petrelli, among others.

The Bronx: Under the protection of the wanted vigilante Rorschach. Home to the Rumrunner Bar, and several former superheroes once apart of the supergroups The Minutemen and it's later incarnation, The Crimebusters.

Queens: Is currently watched over the otherworldly vigilante known as Spawn. Also home to the villainous Sylar, a superpowered metahuman who can absorb the powers of his fellow superhumans.

Central City: Protected by Denny Colt, known as the masked vigilante The Spirit. Though crime-ridden, most criminal activity is controlled by a singular being known simply as The Octopus, who's face has never been seen. Also a base of operations for femme fatales such as Sand Saref.

Basin 'Sin' City: Sanctioned as the worst city in the United States, due to a high criminal populance. Superpowered population is limited.

Yellowstone National Park: Located in Northwest Wyoming, the park serves as a secret main base of operations for special tactical unit G.I. Joe, with several bases extended into a worldwide network, including Antartica, Toyko, New York, and Brazil.

Bedford: Home to explorer and archeologist Dr. Henry 'Indiana' Jones, who is currently a professor at Marshal University. No recorded methuman activity, as of yet.

Cobra Island: The known headquarters of Cobra, a ruthless terrorist organization bent on world domination through fear and anarchy. Located in the Gulf of Mexico, the man-made island is considered a sovereign nation by the U.N., much to the displeasure of of the Joes.

Springfield: This small, simple town somewhere in America is the quintessential American dream on the surface. But, underneath, the town of Springfield is actually one of the main headquarters of the terrorist organization Cobra, and the place where the organization first came into being.

THE UNITED KINGDOM (England)

London: Controlled by a tolitarian organization called Norsefire. Cut off from the rest of the world, the goverment currently serves in accordance to a fascist regime, regulating much of it's citizens lives. Home to the mysterious vigilante, codename 'V', who seeks to dismantle the same goverment.

THE ETHEREAL PLANES (Heaven and Hell)

Dwelling Of The Endless: Home to The Endless, a group of dieties controlling varying aspects of human life. Ruled by Morpheus, known as Dream, and home to his fellow Gods, whom he considers brothers and sisters: Death, Delirium, Destiny, Destruction, Desire, and Despair. The realm serves as the crossing point between life and death.

Hell: Ruled by Malebolgia, known as the devil. Souls of those condemned to damnation dwell here in the afterlife, to experience torture for all eternity. Malebolgia often creates undead minions to do his bidding, including The Violator, a sadistic demon clown, and The Anti-Spawn, an agent coated in necroplasm for the purpose of assassinating Malebolgia's tratiorous Hellspawn.

Compiled by Master Bruce and Johnny Blaze

Last edited:

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you'd like to portray: Denny Colt/The Spirit

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: No powers, but a keen detective mind and excellent fighting skills.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): The Spirit, now owned by DC, the comic first started appearing in Sunday comic strips in the 1940s

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): The son of a Central City Police officer, Denny Colt was a detective in Central City. His father's old friend Dolan was now police commissioner. Dolan looked after Denny, a posthumous favor to his old friend while Denny was dating Dolan's daughter, Ellen. One night, after a botched investigation. Denny was thought killed, but returned from the grave and vowed to continue his fight for justice. Now, only Ellen and Dolan know the man who was Denny Colt. The people of Central City call him something else all together.

He is a ghost, he is a shadow, a walking dead man. The Spirit.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Hero

List a few reasons why you chose this character: The Spirit is on of America's first street-level heroes. And me loving street level guys, this is a mathc made in heaven.

How will this character differ from it's original incarnation?: My version of Spirit will be closer to Cooke's version than Eisner's or *Shudders* Miller's

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: I can bring a decent RPer who has had two years (damn I'm old!) experience in these RPGs

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: As much as possible.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:

Central City

"What do we got?" I ask Dolan as we walk underneath the yellow crime scene tape and into a small apartment.

"It's the same as the last one, Spirit. No mark on them, the only way you know the guy's dead is...." He leads me into a small bedroom where a dead man lays on the bed with the top of his head cut off.

"Whoever this sick bastard is, he likes brains."

While Dolan talks, I look through the dead man's bedroom for clues.

"You remember this happening a few years back out west?"

"What with the heads?"

"Yeah, I remember it now. All the bodies had the tops of their heads cut off. Perp was never caught."

"Wait a minute....what are you thinking?"

"I think we have a serial killer on our hands."

"It goes deeper than that." A voice says from the next room. A tall man, with glasses comes through the door and looks at Dolan and I.

"My name is Noah Bennet. This investigation is now under my jurisdiction."

"Who are you with, Mr. Bennet?"

"That's classified information, Commissioner. But I know one thing, I need your and The Spirit's help if we're going to catch Sylar."

110904131688spiritsupergo8.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Screen Name: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]absonic93[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Character you'd like to portray: Nicole “Niki” Sanders

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Super Strength, Suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): The NBC show “Heroes”

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): As an abused child, Niki watched as her sister died before her, eventually leading to a dual personality based on Jessica, her sister. Later on, she began discovering Jessica as she became prominent in her life, acting aggressive and violent towards those who pose harm to Niki and Micah, their son. Working for Lindeman, Jessica took control, acting as the mobster’s assassin. When Micah was kidnapped, Jessica and D.L. worked together to stop him, eventually choosing Niki’s life over her personal needs. Jessica seemingly disappeared after that after helping Niki control her abilities on her own.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Months later, Niki sought help from the Company in controlling Jessica and any other personality after the tragic death of her husband. Haunted by visions of D.L., Niki injected herself with the Shanti Virus, prohibiting her abilities. Although Mohinder Suresh vowed he would cure her, Niki returned to New Orleans awaiting the doctor. After explaining her situation to Micah, he requested her help in rescuing Monica Dawson who had run into trouble with some thugs while trying to rescue some of Micah’s valuable possessions. She was able to rescue Monica, but she herself was unable to get out, leaving Monica and Micah to worry over her fate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now, Niki has seemingly survived the explosion, but who exactly is in control? With the public now knowing about the evolved human population and super powered people using their gifts for both good and evil, which side will Niki stand on?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Walking the line. She’s really good and evil rolled into one.

List a few reasons why you chose this character:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]She has two distinct personalities that allows extended character development[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]She’s hot[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]I find it cool that the single mom on the show gets Super Strength.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How will this character differ from its original incarnation?: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Niki will once again deal with Jessica, though this time she’s even more unsure of her intentions. Whose side is Jessica on? Also in this RPG, Niki is actually alive, wherein the show she has been killed (I believe at least, you never know)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I want to explore Niki and Jessica further than they did on the show, as well as Niki’s control over her evolved human abilities which she never used much. I see a potential epic battle ahead of this girl.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: As many as need be.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Open your eyes Niki”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The women slowly opened her eyes, squinting as she adjusted to the light. She found herself sitting on the floor of a small room, slumped upon the only door.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She rubbed her eyes as she stood up, examining her surroundings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looking down at her body, she shrieked at the sights. Her flesh was burnt, and dried blood covered her arm. Placing her hands on her face, she could feel it charred. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How had this happened?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] She wondered before recalling the deadly fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Explosions were all around her, as timbers flashed, and pieces of the structure fell all around her. Then everything was blank. She had no memory whatsoever of what happened after that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“What are you doing?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Niki suddenly turned around to come face to face with…..herself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“You...this isn’t happening….I...I…I got rid of you, this can’t be happening”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The other women smiled, as she crossed her arms. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Oh it’s happening Niki.” The woman was identical to Niki, even with the same injuries she currently had. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“But…I’m hurt” Niki cried “What’s happening! Where’s Micah!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The women gave out a sinister laugh.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Micah? Niki your ignorance is entertaining. Don’t you remember? You couldn’t save Micah. He died in the explosion. You would be there too if not for me. You owe me Niki, and you and I have a little business to attend to.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“What? Micah…no! I…I…I remember though, He got out, he got Monica and ran.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Apparently not fast enough. Now shut up and listen to me. Micah’s gone. D.L. is gone. I’m the only one you have.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Niki slowly backed away only to be met with walls.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“No…this isn’t happening. You’re not real, I got rid of you. What more do you want from me Jessica?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jessica slowly leaned forward and whispered into Niki’s ear.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Oh I’m definitely real Niki, and right now you and me have to go find your pal Suresh and cure us. Then I have bigger plans…much bigger plans.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She gave a final smile as Niki closed her eyes tight, crawling into the corner to escape from her nightmare.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She opened them to find herself alone.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:[/FONT]
evil-twins.jpg

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From The Pages Of...[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RPG APPLICATION[/FONT]

Screen Name: Carnage27

Character you'd like to portray: Hamato Leonardo

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Master of the art of ninjitsu, martial arts, and the katana blade. He and his mutant turtle brothers have heightened agility, durability, and strength due to the mutation.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mirage Studios

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): After witnessing his master, Hamato Yoshi, cut down in cold blood by the assassin Oroku Saki, Splinter, a common rat, escaped into the New York Streets. While wondering the sewers Splinter came in contact with a glowing, green ooze, which transformed him. The ooze caused him to grow into a human-sized rat, with the intelligence to match. Splinter found another canister of the ooze nearby, and kept it in order to guard his secrets.

Splinter used this transformation and the knowledge of ninjitsu he gained from his master and became an active vigilante operating in New York. That is until “the Purge.”

While heroes and villains were being killed, Splinter went into hiding in the city sewers, biding his time.

Three years after “the Purge” ended, Splinter saw a surface world that was broken and ravaged by sorrow. The weak and the innocent were preyed upon by those who would use the people’s pain for their own twisted gains.

Splinter scoured the city to find something, anything that he could use to form a new breed of hero, and he found it in the form of four baby turtles which had found their way into the sewers. Splinter gathered them up and exposed them to the same ooze that had created him. As he suspected they also began to grow, even larger than he did.

When they were old enough and strong enough to learn martial arts, Splinter began their training. He intended them to become champions of the weak and protectors of those that could not defend themselves.

Leonardo, the eldest brother, was to be the leader. Splinter instilled in the boy a strong sense of right and wrong. He was instructed in the use of the katana, and mastered the two handed form.

The time has come for the turtles to take to the surface and fight for the justice that they so deeply believe in.

List a few reasons why you chose this character: I’m a huge TMNT fan, and I would love to get a chance to bring the more gritty, violent side of the turtles to life, but still bringing a little bit of fun at the same time.

How will this character differ from it's original incarnation?: Leo’s and the rest of the turtles’ demeanors will pretty much be the same as the comics, but I have a difference of the way the turtles as a team are seen. I see them as like a team of Batmen. They only come out at night, and are looking to clean up the city.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: A vast knowledge of the TMNT universe, including a couple good ideas for integrating the turtles and their enemies into this universe.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: Everyday if necessary.

nyc_manhattan_night.jpg

The sky fades to black above New York City, as I meditate below the city streets. For seventeen years I have lived below the streets. Training, preparing, and waiting. For seventeen years my master…no…my father, Splinter, has taught me the ways of the ninja. How to fight, how to lead my brothers into battle, and even how to kill. I have longed to bring retribution to those who spit in the face of justice.

But I wait no more.

Tonight will be the night that my brothers and I announce our presence to the world, to show the people of this city that not all will stand by and let scum take hold of their lives. Tonight will be death knell of the darkness that covers our planet.

I rise to my feet and walk into the room where my brothers are preparing.

"It's time.”

Together as one we head towards the surface in order to send a message to those that prey on the innocent…

[FONT=&quot]The time of the heroes has returned.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?: Yerp
[/FONT]

And that's one hell of a sample post Byrd.

Screen Name: Master Bruce

Character you'd like to portray: Rorschach

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Though he has no superhuman powers, Rorschach has displayed a profecient agility and strength for a human being of his stature. He carries a grappling gun given to him by Dan Dreiberg, formerly the second Nite-Owl, whom he was a frequent partner with in the 80's. Wears a latex mask concealing a substance controlled by heat and pressure, which moves along the mask with his facial expressions to give the appearance of constantly varying ink blots.

Rorschach is also a keen detective, despite his mental health, expert fighter, tactician, and improvisional arsenalist, able to use virtually anything in his surroundings as a formidable weapon.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Watchmen #1 (1986), Vertigo Limited Series

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): Walter Joseph Kovacs was born to a single mother who spent a large portion of his childhood paying their rent through prostitution. Physically and verbally abused, Walter became irritable, insociable, and particularly violent as he aged, often sending his various bullies to the hospital after a fit of anger. Taken into protective custody, Kovacs attended High-School only to excell in boxing and gymnastics. By age 16, he was working in a women's clothing factory, a job of which he despised. But one night, he was given a rejected dress design of ink patterns, to be worn by a famous model. Months passed, and Kovacs thought nothing of it, until he read about that same woman's murder. Despite her screams, no one had bothered to save her from her killers. Inspired to take up vigilance to fight crime, Kovacs resewed the dress into an inkblot mask, giving him the disguise of a vigilante he would call Rorschach.

In the early 1980's, Rorschach and a fellow vigilante, Nite-Owl, became frequent partners, which led to their invitation to be a member of a group called the Crimebusters, led by Captain Metropolis, a member of a former superhero group called the Minutemen. Things were going well, until a member named The Comedian stood up and left, in the process insulting the very idea of a superhero team. Though he did not admit it, Rorschach admired this, leading to a pattern that would send him down a darker path. When The Purge happened, Rorschach decided to remain a vigilante, becoming hunted by the police and hated by everyday citizens. Even so, all of New York would come to fear him, as in 1995, the masked vigilante finally went off the edge. Investigating the kidnapping of a young girl, Rorschach found her abductors home, only to realize the criminal had killed her and fed her remains to his dogs. Enraged, Rorschach senselessly beat the dogs to death, before grabbing the criminal and tying him up in a burning building, watching as he died. From then on, Kovacs ceased to exist entirely, as Rorschach became a merciless killer. Now, he has the underworld at his grip, as he continues a crusade of brutal justice.

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Walking The Line

List a few reasons why you chose this character: Rorshach is one of the most powerful characters in comics, right up there with Batman and the rest. After reading Watchmen for the first time, I couldn't get enough of the character. He was the perfect anti-hero, and a genius creation, outdoing his inspirations in almost every possible way. Simply put, well... he's ****ing Rorschach!

How will this character differ from it's original incarnation?: I don't really plan to change much, besides a few differences in his timeline. Rather than born in the 1940's, for instance, he would have been born in the early 60's and became Rorschach by the late 70's, only to turn insane by the mid-nineties. From that, I also plan to modernize a couple of pieces of his mythos, though very few and far between.

The most important aspect I intend to add to the character, however, is implementing his commentary on important events of the last century. 9/11, for instance, and the War in Iraq would generate a sufficient amount of reflection upon the streets he's trying to protect, and the ever-constant doom of something like that happening to the world as a whole.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: I like to think I can handle insane characters well, given my track record with them (Which kind of says alot about me. :csad:). With Rorschach, I want to try and do a format that's different from every other character I've played, which is narrating events solely through Rorschach's Journal, as told by the character himself, whom I'm confident I can portray in a way that honors his original incarnation.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: I really want to say more than once a week, but it depends on the pace that the game takes.

RORSCHACH'S JOURNAL - September 30th, 2008

Woke up from dream this morning. Having it alot. Dreamt of hourglass over entire world, sands pouring down from the heavens. Pouring, controlling, unrelentlessly burying thousands. Good people dying. Bad people digging to safety. All moral decency left in the world, just fading... fading into sand. And I can do nothing to stop it. Except stand atop sand, and stare down. Gleeming down at criminals, watching as they offer hand for me to help. Then denying them, as sand takes them aswell.

Warmth comes over me, watching death of millions. Warmth I should fear and deny, but can't.

Realized it wasn't dream. Realized I had never slept.

A solumn figure moves through the dark streets singularly lit by the neon sign of the Rumrunner joint, on New York's west avenue. He does not speak, breathe, or look to either side of him. He only continues on, wordless, drifting far from a crowd of onlookers carefully building on the next block. Something drips from high above, as police cars arrive, just as perplexed as the crowd.

Many pass the silent figure, almost trying to ask him if he knew what occured. But the moment they got a look at his face, they turned away, both confused and frightened. He seems unphased by this ever regular occurance, as he continues down a darkened path of New York's deepest shadows. He tips his fedora, before heading into this darkness, as if approaching the entrance to a kind a generous neighbor's home.

Becoming agitated. Can't seem to focus. Lot of cases building up, where focus leads off. Should be long night.

What drips from high above is blood, as the crowd of onlookers gasp in horror, just as a searchlight spots what is grasping everyone's attention: Hung by a noose, a famous crimeboss dangles into the air, cold to the touch and paled at his skin. He's clearly dead, even to eyes that are stories below. But what they don't see is the note pinned to his tattered dress shirt, reading a message of chilling simplicity: SMUGGLING.

The figure in the darkness looks back, for one moment, as the screams begin. Then continues on.

"Hurm."

Long nights. Sometimes forget how generous occupation can be.

77038-38119-rorschach_super.gif

Goddamnit! I nearly had my Nite-Owl application finished, then my one year old nephew decides to turn the computer off.

YeaaaaaarrGHH!:bh:

Screen Name: Eddie Brock

Character you'd like to portray: Peter Petrelli

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Peter's main power is empathy. By being in proximity, he can mimic the powers of anyone. Through this, he has acquired a number of other abilities, among these:
- Precognitive (Dreaming/Painting)
- Flight
- Regeneration/Immortality
- Telepathy
- Invisibility
- Telekinesis
- Space-Time Manipulation
- Radiation Manipulation (High risk of overloading)

(I'll only be using these, in addition to any he picks up along the way.)

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Heroes on NBC; also appears in graphic novels published by Wildstorm Comics.

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): Peter Petrelli was just a dreamer, a hospice nurse who longed for a greater calling. It all started with the dreams. Through a fated chain of events, Peter was recruited into a destiny larger than his own. Charged with the fate of the world, Peter rose to the challenge before realizing that he was the threat. Luckily, through the help of his allies, Peter was able to avoid disaster.

Taken in by the Company, Peter was held prisoner where he befriended Adam Monroe. Peter and Adam escaped daringly, and the mysterious Haitian helped Peter get away. Living as an amnesiac in Ireland, Peter eventually remembered his mission with Adam. His trust, however, had been misplaced, as Peter was betrayed at the last moment by Adam. Again, with his friends' help, Peter was able to overcome adversity and save the planet.

Things only got worse from there. Peter's brother, Nathan, decided to go public with these abilities. He was gunned down before he could. (This is where I break off continuity. A: It's easier that way. B: I don't want to spoil anything.) Many years later, the evolved humans have gone public, anyway. Peter elects to keep his identity a secret, though his name is well known by those who monitor evolved humans - most pertinently, the Company.

List a few reasons why you chose this character: Peter Petrelli - especially his Future selves - is an interesting portrayal of someone earnest being given absolute power, and the effect it may have. Fortunately for everyone, Peter never turns his back on his ideals. He's a true idealist, someone who believes in destiny. In his heart, he knows that we all play a part, and one person can change the world.

How will this character differ from it's original incarnation?: The world that Peter Petrelli came from is now fundamentally changed. No longer living in the shadows, the evolved humans are now a part of the larger society. Still, Peter keeps to himself, rising up when destiny calls for it.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: Well, you think I might have been a little dedicated to getting Peter - and the other Heroes - approved in this RPG? :oldrazz: That alone should tell you something, for better or worse.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: It will vary from week to week, but overall consistency is more important to me than weekly activity.

"Mr. Petrelli, it has been a while, hasn't it?"

I don't know how they found me. I went deep, kept quiet. Months upon months of keeping my nose clean, and they still managed to track me down. Why can't they just leave me alone? After Nathan, that's all I want! I could have very easily retaliated after Nathan. Hell, I still have my suspicions that The Company was pulling the strings, but I left them alone.

"I haven't done anything," I reply indignantly, rising to my feet. Worse still, they found me in my own apartment - on the tenth floor. With The Company's agent blocking the door, my only possible escape is through the window.

The agent smiles. "No, you haven't," he admits casually. "Not yet, anyway. But we don't need another...incident...like the one in New York a few years ago - or the more recent fiasco in Odessa." The agent smirks proudly. "You're a dangerous person, Mr. Petrelli. Too dangerous to be out in the world. You're going to Level 5 for a long time."

I close my eyes and focus on Costa Verde, California. But I don't teleport. I can't.

"No cheating, Mr. Petrelli," the agent announces coolly. He snaps his fingers, and a familiar figure appears behind him. "I believe you two have met?"

The Haitian.

"Please, Peter. Come in peacefully."

I won't be trapped by The Company. I will not become their lab rat. Taking a deep breath, I run for the window. A bullet fired by The Company's agent barely clips my shoulder. Still, shockwaves of pain overtake my body as I dive helplessly through the glass. I pray that I'll be far enough away from the Haitian for Claire's power to work when I hit the ground.

If not, I guess we'll test her immortality.

heroespromo2.jpg

Screen Name: Byrd Man

Character you'd like to portray: Denny Colt/The Spirit

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: No powers, but a keen detective mind and excellent fighting skills.

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): The Spirit, now owned by DC, the comic first started appearing in Sunday comic strips in the 1940s

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): The son of a Central City Police officer, Denny Colt was a detective in Central City. His father's old friend Dolan was now police commissioner. Dolan looked after Denny, a posthumous favor to his old friend while Denny was dating Dolan's daughter, Ellen. One night, after a botched investigation. Denny was thought killed, but returned from the grave and vowed to continue his fight for justice. Now, only Ellen and Dolan know the man who was Denny Colt. The people of Central City call him something else all together.

He is a ghost, he is a shadow, a walking dead man. The Spirit.

List a few reasons why you chose this character: The Spirit is on of America's first street-level heroes. And me loving street level guys, this is a mathc made in heaven.

How will this character differ from it's original incarnation?: My version of Spirit will be closer to Cooke's version than Eisner's or *Shudders* Miller's

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: I can bring a decent RPer who has had two years (damn I'm old!) experience in these RPGs

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: As much as possible.

Central City

"What do we got?" I ask Dolan as we walk underneath the yellow crime scene tape and into a small apartment.

"It's the same as the last one, Spirit. No mark on them, the only way you know the guy's dead is...." He leads me into a small bedroom where a dead man lays on the bed with the top of his head cut off.

"Whoever this sick bastard is, he likes brains."

While Dolan talks, I look through the dead man's bedroom for clues.

"You remember this happening a few years back out west?"

"What with the heads?"

"Yeah, I remember it now. All the bodies had the tops of their heads cut off. Perp was never caught."

"Wait a minute....what are you thinking?"

"I think we have a serial killer on our hands."

"It goes deeper than that." A voice says from the next room. A tall man, with glasses comes through the door and looks at Dolan and I.

"My name is Noah Bennet. This investigation is now under my jurisdiction."

"Who are you with, Mr. Bennet?"

"That's classified information, Commissioner. But I know one thing, I need your and The Spirit's help if we're going to catch Sylar."

110904131688spiritsupergo8.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Screen Name: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]absonic93[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Character you'd like to portray: Nicole “Niki” Sanders

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Super Strength, Suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): The NBC show “Heroes”

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): As an abused child, Niki watched as her sister died before her, eventually leading to a dual personality based on Jessica, her sister. Later on, she began discovering Jessica as she became prominent in her life, acting aggressive and violent towards those who pose harm to Niki and Micah, their son. Working for Lindeman, Jessica took control, acting as the mobster’s assassin. When Micah was kidnapped, Jessica and D.L. worked together to stop him, eventually choosing Niki’s life over her personal needs. Jessica seemingly disappeared after that after helping Niki control her abilities on her own.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Months later, Niki sought help from the Company in controlling Jessica and any other personality after the tragic death of her husband. Haunted by visions of D.L., Niki injected herself with the Shanti Virus, prohibiting her abilities. Although Mohinder Suresh vowed he would cure her, Niki returned to New Orleans awaiting the doctor. After explaining her situation to Micah, he requested her help in rescuing Monica Dawson who had run into trouble with some thugs while trying to rescue some of Micah’s valuable possessions. She was able to rescue Monica, but she herself was unable to get out, leaving Monica and Micah to worry over her fate.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Now, Niki has seemingly survived the explosion, but who exactly is in control? With the public now knowing about the evolved human population and super powered people using their gifts for both good and evil, which side will Niki stand on?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Hero, Villain, or Walking the line?: Walking the line. She’s really good and evil rolled into one.

List a few reasons why you chose this character:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]She has two distinct personalities that allows extended character development[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]She’s hot[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]I find it cool that the single mom on the show gets Super Strength.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How will this character differ from its original incarnation?: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Niki will once again deal with Jessica, though this time she’s even more unsure of her intentions. Whose side is Jessica on? Also in this RPG, Niki is actually alive, wherein the show she has been killed (I believe at least, you never know)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I want to explore Niki and Jessica further than they did on the show, as well as Niki’s control over her evolved human abilities which she never used much. I see a potential epic battle ahead of this girl.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: As many as need be.

Please provide a small sample post as your character, at least three paragraphs and one line of dialogue in length:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Open your eyes Niki”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The women slowly opened her eyes, squinting as she adjusted to the light. She found herself sitting on the floor of a small room, slumped upon the only door.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She rubbed her eyes as she stood up, examining her surroundings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Looking down at her body, she shrieked at the sights. Her flesh was burnt, and dried blood covered her arm. Placing her hands on her face, she could feel it charred. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How had this happened?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] She wondered before recalling the deadly fire.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Explosions were all around her, as timbers flashed, and pieces of the structure fell all around her. Then everything was blank. She had no memory whatsoever of what happened after that. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“What are you doing?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Niki suddenly turned around to come face to face with…..herself.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“You...this isn’t happening….I...I…I got rid of you, this can’t be happening”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The other women smiled, as she crossed her arms. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Oh it’s happening Niki.” The woman was identical to Niki, even with the same injuries she currently had. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“But…I’m hurt” Niki cried “What’s happening! Where’s Micah!”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The women gave out a sinister laugh.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Micah? Niki your ignorance is entertaining. Don’t you remember? You couldn’t save Micah. He died in the explosion. You would be there too if not for me. You owe me Niki, and you and I have a little business to attend to.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“What? Micah…no! I…I…I remember though, He got out, he got Monica and ran.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Apparently not fast enough. Now shut up and listen to me. Micah’s gone. D.L. is gone. I’m the only one you have.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Niki slowly backed away only to be met with walls.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“No…this isn’t happening. You’re not real, I got rid of you. What more do you want from me Jessica?”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jessica slowly leaned forward and whispered into Niki’s ear.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Oh I’m definitely real Niki, and right now you and me have to go find your pal Suresh and cure us. Then I have bigger plans…much bigger plans.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She gave a final smile as Niki closed her eyes tight, crawling into the corner to escape from her nightmare.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She opened them to find herself alone.

Do you know how to post pictures on the Hype boards?:[/FONT]
evil-twins.jpg

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

These all get the 'OK' from me. All you'll need is a second opinion from either JB, Parker, or Syn, and you should be good to go.

Screen Name: Eddie Brock

Character you'd like to portray: Peter Petrelli

Superhuman powers, traits, other attributes of interest: Peter's main power is empathy. By being in proximity, he can mimic the powers of anyone. Through this, he has acquired a number of other abilities, among these:
- Precognitive (Dreaming/Painting)
- Flight
- Regeneration/Immortality
- Telepathy
- Invisibility
- Telekinesis
- Space-Time Manipulation
- Radiation Manipulation (High risk of overloading)

(I'll only be using these, in addition to any he picks up along the way.)

Originally appearing from (which comic, and company?): Heroes on NBC; also appears in graphic novels published by Wildstorm Comics.

Fictional history of the character (as you're going to interpret it): Peter Petrelli was just a dreamer, a hospice nurse who longed for a greater calling. It all started with the dreams. Through a fated chain of events, Peter was recruited into a destiny larger than his own. Charged with the fate of the world, Peter rose to the challenge before realizing that he was the threat. Luckily, through the help of his allies, Peter was able to avoid disaster.

Taken in by the Company, Peter was held prisoner where he befriended Adam Monroe. Peter and Adam escaped daringly, and the mysterious Haitian helped Peter get away. Living as an amnesiac in Ireland, Peter eventually remembered his mission with Adam. His trust, however, had been misplaced, as Peter was betrayed at the last moment by Adam. Again, with his friends' help, Peter was able to overcome adversity and save the planet.

Things only got worse from there. Peter's brother, Nathan, decided to go public with these abilities. He was gunned down before he could. (This is where I break off continuity. A: It's easier that way. B: I don't want to spoil anything.) Many years later, the evolved humans have gone public, anyway. Peter elects to keep his identity a secret, though his name is well known by those who monitor evolved humans - most pertinently, the Company.

List a few reasons why you chose this character: Peter Petrelli - especially his Future selves - is an interesting portrayal of someone earnest being given absolute power, and the effect it may have. Fortunately for everyone, Peter never turns his back on his ideals. He's a true idealist, someone who believes in destiny. In his heart, he knows that we all play a part, and one person can change the world.

How will this character differ from it's original incarnation?: The world that Peter Petrelli came from is now fundamentally changed. No longer living in the shadows, the evolved humans are now a part of the larger society. Still, Peter keeps to himself, rising up when destiny calls for it.

Write two complete sentences explaining what you can bring to this RPG: Well, you think I might have been a little dedicated to getting Peter - and the other Heroes - approved in this RPG? :oldrazz: That alone should tell you something, for better or worse.

How many days a week you intend on posting in the RPG: It will vary from week to week, but overall consistency is more important to me than weekly activity.

"Mr. Petrelli, it has been a while, hasn't it?"

I don't know how they found me. I went deep, kept quiet. Months upon months of keeping my nose clean, and they still managed to track me down. Why can't they just leave me alone? After Nathan, that's all I want! I could have very easily retaliated after Nathan. Hell, I still have my suspicions that The Company was pulling the strings, but I left them alone.

"I haven't done anything," I reply indignantly, rising to my feet. Worse still, they found me in my own apartment - on the tenth floor. With The Company's agent blocking the door, my only possible escape is through the window.

The agent smiles. "No, you haven't," he admits casually. "Not yet, anyway. But we don't need another...incident...like the one in New York a few years ago - or the more recent fiasco in Odessa." The agent smirks proudly. "You're a dangerous person, Mr. Petrelli. Too dangerous to be out in the world. You're going to Level 5 for a long time."

I close my eyes and focus on Costa Verde, California. But I don't teleport. I can't.

"No cheating, Mr. Petrelli," the agent announces coolly. He snaps his fingers, and a familiar figure appears behind him. "I believe you two have met?"

The Haitian.

"Please, Peter. Come in peacefully."

I won't be trapped by The Company. I will not become their lab rat. Taking a deep breath, I run for the window. A bullet fired by The Company's agent barely clips my shoulder. Still, shockwaves of pain overtake my body as I dive helplessly through the glass. I pray that I'll be far enough away from the Haitian for Claire's power to work when I hit the ground.

If not, I guess we'll test her immortality.

heroespromo2.jpg

Same with this one.

I'm still wondering something about my Niki arc.

How long is this RPG after the cut off point on the show (Nathan's shooting[?])
cause mine seems to be a little after Niki's explosion, but I guess that won't work will it

I think it can be edited, but i'm just wondering cause Niki still has the Shanti Virus.

I will have an app up later. Also, lets avoid recent Heroes spoilers.

I'll be getting an app up for Snake tomorrow.

that's not recent. I spent all summer dwelling over those facts (except not cause I did other stuff)

and we all know Claire's sex change only happened in the alternate future. gosh!

I'm still wondering something about my Niki arc.

How long is this RPG after the cut off point on the show (Nathan's shooting[?])
cause mine seems to be a little after Niki's explosion, but I guess that won't work will it

I think it can be edited, but i'm just wondering cause Niki still has the Shanti Virus.
Syn's initial write-up makes it sound like years, so I was thinking 2 years or so. Also, you could tell it in flashbacks if it makes it easier for you.

I will have an app up later. Also, lets avoid recent Heroes spoilers.
Continuity cuts off at the Season 2 finale. So no Season 3 spoilers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"