One Universe RPG: Season V OOC Thread

Is that good or bad? I'm...I'm not really sure.

I hate to steal Byrd's thing but...

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTTTT!

I hate to steal Byrd's thing but...

POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSTTTTT!

I shall deliver a Beast post onto you, sir....and that will soon be followed by your delivery of your still beating heart, ripped from your chest. :cmad:

reply up. And before you say anything, yes I'm aware that Peter is with Gwen and not Barb, but Venom wouldn't know that...seeings as how he just got out of the hospital and all....just sayin'.

Indeed.

Nitemare, IDK if you have more to do in this fight, but I'm ready to move on. Wieg, feel free to intervene if you're so inclined.

Aw man, me and Venom was gonna tussle!

Okay, wieg...edit coming. I thought you wanted to save your boy slave.

"One Universe" RPG SEASON V SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:
Byrd Man

Character you would like to play:
Steve Rogers/Captain America

Powers:
Captain America represented the pinnacle of human physical perfection. He experienced a time when he was augmented to superhuman levels, but generally performed just below superhuman levels for most of his career. Captain America had a very high intelligence as well as agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he had metabolized had enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Most notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.

Captain America had mastered the martial arts of American-style boxing and judo, and had combined these disciplines with his own unique hand-to-hand style of combat. He had also shown skill and knowledge of a number of other martial arts. He engaged in a daily regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peak condition. Captain America was one of the finest human combatants Earth had ever known.

Brief biography of the character's history:
A guiding light as well as one of the founders of the JSA, Captain America boosted the moral of the troops during the closing days of world war two. While Captain America and his sidekick Bucky were involved in an accident while disabling a drone plane by the villain Baron Zemo, Buck was presumed dead and Cap was never seen again.....until three years ago.

List a few reasons why you have chosen that character:

Cap is one of my favorite characters, and we need some more heavy hitters. Also, I am buying a bit into the hype of the upcoming movie...but I've played him the longest of anyone in this RPG, so ****! :cmad:

What can you bring to this game?:
Decent RPer with nearly five years experience on the RPG boards. Plus, I've been told I do an okay job at playing Cap.

Color and font you plan on using for your character's speech:
Franklin, Gothic Medium for Cap,
unbolded when the mask is off.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
Much as needed

Please provide a sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 5 paragraphs long and contain at least 3 line of dialogue):

bolluhh-387V2.png

Switzerland

Nick Fury and I spend two hours being checked by Checkmate's security people before we're allowed to proceed with Agent Bordeaux through the castle that houses their HQ.

"That was a *****," Nick says as we start down the hall after our examinations.

"They just want to make sure we are who we say we are, and that we have noble intentions."

"The colonoscopy was a bit too much."

"They did find and remove a polyp inside you."

"Yeah, but it was benign."

Bordeaux leads us through the castle corridors right into a giant ballroom with digital displays and global maps on every inch of the walls. In the center stands a red haired man in army dress uniform.

"Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to our Black King."

"Nice to see you again, Nick. Honor to meet you, Captain America."

I shake hands with the man.

"Rick Flagg III, Colonel, United States Army."

"I pulled missions with Rick's granddad during the war. He was the commander of-"

"The Suicide Squad. I didn't know them personally, but the group's reputation proceeded itself. They were good soldiers."
"Coming from someone like you, that's truly an honor."

"Alright, enough ass-kissing," Nick snaps. "Tell us what you got on Luthor."

"How the Howling Commandos made it through the war without killing you, I'll never know. Okay, about Luthor."

Flagg clears his throat and pulls a manila folder off a nearby table.

"Your source was wrong, by the way. Luthor does not have ties to HYDRA. He has ties to AIM."

"AIM?"

"Advanced Idea Mechanics. There an off-shoot to HYDRA, founded by our old friend Baron Von Strucker."

"Yes. Filled with the best and brightest scientists in the world, the baron created them in 1967 to outfit HYDRA with the world's best and most advanced technology. Over time, they've become less independent on HYDRA and now operate pretty much autonomously."

"How does old baldy tie into it?"

"Luthor's father, Lionel, created his own electronics company known as LuthorCorp. He had a good run with his company, but in the end it went bankrupt, leaving both men to live on the streets. Lex, already something of a science prodigy, was able to attend college on a full scholarship. When Lex was twenty, Lionel died in a car wreck. Lex dropped out of school and then thehe future president then collected a quarter of a million dollars in capital from his father's life insurance policy. With this money, he started LexCorp."

"Did he make his connections with AIM when he started his company?"

"We actually believe it was before that. During his time at Metropolis U, Lex had a science professor named Doctor Michael Stockton. He has been confirmed by Checkmate, SHIELD, and MI6 as a member of AIM."

"I know that dope. Goes by the name of Doctor Nemesis."

"Well, anyway. We believe Lex was recruited in college by Stockton. The professor seen potential in the young man and, knowing he was poor, more than likely had his father's car crashed rigged so the boy could get the money to start up LexCorp. We believe he has ties to the group, using them for his own needs, but we don't believe he's an actual member."

"I like that. There may not be enough fire, but there's enough smoke to ruin this son of a ***** politically."

"Wait. We can't use this if we don't have any proof."

"What are you saying?"

"Innocent until proven guilty. Wasn't our country founded on that?"

"We don't need hard evidence, this is enough. Doesn't a prick like Lex deserve to get blasted by this info?"

"That he may, but I won't tell lies."

"You're a real damn boy scout, you know that?"

"I still got the Eagle Scout metal somewhere."

"Fine...we'll get actual proof...Rick, where's Stockton's last location?"

"He was spotted in Austria two months ago. AIM has a safehouse in Vienna."

"Alright. Back to Germany it is."

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?:

I surely do

Byrd just wants some more of that sweet Amazonian goodness.

damn damn damn. I'm right in the middle of a post...and I'm stuck. I just can't figure out what I want to do next. Actually, I know what I want to do, but not how to get there. Frakking writers block or something.

damn damn damn :cmad:

A wise man once said that writer's block is the pursuit of perfection. So just relax, take a deep breath, and write the best you can. Believe me, wieg, you're far from perfect.

Listen to the man himself!

[YT]yaugEliY-pI[/YT]

What if I go with plan B and drink myself into a stupor?

No posts

21 days without a post
Carnage - Superman 4/25

14 days without a post

10 days without a post
Nitemare - Venom - 5/09

On the chopping block
Superman

Removed from roster

So...with all the stuff still going down in New York...does Batman need to slap a Scarecrow?

Last edited:
Damn. I just realized I've been writing Doom in third person.

What the hell is wrong with me?! :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"