Full list of writers strike affected shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heroes has a season finale tentatively scheduled for 12/3 if the strike doesn't end. The end of the current story arc will be the end of the season.

The Office has it's last new episode next week :csad: , and Lost will only have 8 new episodes instead of 18 when it starts in February.

24 is indefinitely postponed, so they can run the full season straight through without going into repeats.

Glad at least "Psych" and "Monk" won't be affected by the strike. :yay:

BUT, too bad for the other shows. hope the strike ends soon. i really don't like the idea that Dec 3 episode of Heroes to be the season finale.:csad: :csad: :csad:

Glad at least "Psych" and "Monk" won't be affected by the strike. :yay:

BUT, too bad for the other shows. hope the strike ends soon. i really don't like the idea that Dec 3 episode of Heroes to be the season finale.:csad: :csad: :csad:

It feels like its only just got started as well!

strikes are ok .. until they affect me , hope this ends by the end of the week.

I hope it ends as soon as possible.

Stargate Atlantis is not once so ever affected by the strike because it is a Canadian production according to TPTB of Stargate Atlantis. That shouldnt even be on the list.

Stargate Atlantis is not once so ever affected by the strike because it is a Canadian production according to TPTB of Stargate Atlantis. That shouldnt even be on the list.

stargates' writers are members of the WGA, because it is produced in Canada, but Universal does own the property, it is considered an American production....

As Caboose said TPTB of Stargate:Atlantis have said that they aren't affected as a whole,

i believe that one or two of the many writers they employ are involved in the strikes (Also Beau Bridges has been photographed on a picket line) but as a whole they are unaffected.

i noticed yesterday that this sweeps period has no special proramming to date just regular epsodes i guess the nets want to get the regular episodes out before the strike oo viewers won't loose interest:ninja:

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox is producing fresh episodes of its animated comedy "Family Guy" without the participation of its striking creator Seth MacFarlane, who does many of the main voices, sources said.

The last episode completed before the Writers Guild of America strike began November 5 aired Sunday. Fox and sibling studio 20th Century Fox TV had the choice of going into reruns or continuing the show without MacFarlane, whose outspoken defiance of his employers has made him a cause celebre for striking writers.

After a large writers rally outside the Fox lot on Friday, where he was one of the speakers, MacFarlane said the studio could proceed without him, though he hoped it would not.

20th TV had no comment on the matter Tuesday but confirmed that it remains in production on new episodes. The first episode finished without MacFarlane's blessing has been delivered to Fox. Sources said it is one of three very close to completion, with others in various stages of production.

In addition to executive-producing the show, MacFarlane voices the characters of Peter, Brian and Stewis Griffin, the male members of the hapless Rhode Island family at the core of the domestic satire.
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

It also appears that the writers for the soaps are crossing picket lines so they can keep their jobs. Any striking soap writers have already been replaced by scab writers

Someone call in Grandpa Simpson to bust up this union. They're too old to beat them anymore, so they usually just tell stories that go nowhere. :cwink:

It also appears that the writers for the soaps are crossing picket lines so they can keep their jobs. Any striking soap writers have already been replaced by scab writers

I hope they get sued from the Writers Guild or something. Die soaps die.

I hope they get sued from the Writers Guild or something. Die soaps die.

soaps have been a steady revenue stream for the big networks for the past 40 years...think about all the shows/trends in TV that have come and gone in that time frame....the networks won't let go of that stream easily

Well im not borthered we don't get the new seasons till like next year sometimes so the strike doesn't affect the UK we will still get it later then the us :p lol

"LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox is producing fresh episodes of its animated comedy "Family Guy" without the participation of its striking creator Seth MacFarlane, who does many of the main voices, sources said."

That's just wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"