Heroes Strike Thread (Post all strike related news in here)

Gold Samurai

Avenger
Reaction score
http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...10238#83010238

Episodes 11 will be the season finale

Travis Yanan over at Marc Berman's pifeedback.com forum is posting that Heroes was ordered to stop production tonight (they're in the middle of shooting episodes 13 and 14) and reshoot the end of episode 11--which ends an arc--as a season ender.
Quote:
Marc Berman

TravisYanan:
It begins. I just posted this to Heroes folder:

I've heard that NBC has shut down production on Heroes. They were in the middle of shooting Episodes 13 and 14. They were asked to reshoot the ending to Episode 11 (which ends the "Generations" volume) to be a season-ender.

Dude.

John Stewart and Colbert are off the air as of now. So is Saturday Night Live. It's reruns or replacement programming.

darth_vader_nooo.jpg

WTF?????????????????????????????????????

Can somebody explain to me what this "strike" is about, that's screwing up a whole LOT of people's lives?

I know it's by the writer's guild, but over what, against whom?

The usual, I would venture the guess. Writers not getting paid enough while they're being demanded more and more.

WTF?????????????????????????????????????

Can somebody explain to me what this "strike" is about, that's screwing up a whole LOT of people's lives?

I know it's by the writer's guild, but over what, against whom?

Hopefully this will explain things clearly

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

What are we asking for in Internet and New Media? Two things: 1. Residuals for reuse of content (like replaying tv shows) on the internet. We're asking for residuals of 2.5% of revenue -- that means for every dollar they get paid, we'd get 2 and a half cents. It's a flat percentage, so if they're right and they're never ever going to make a penny, well then, we won't either. No harm, no foul. Since 2.5% is our starting point, in any normal negotiation we'd end up somewhere between what they want to pay (.3%) and what we're asking for (2.5%). I'd guess 1 to 1.5 %.

2. Coverage and protections for original content (new stuff we create for the internet.) We're asking for basic protections so that when we write original stuff for the internet, we have rights -- health and pension, minimum amounts, credits and separated rights (so if we make some amazing character or show, we get the right to share in its success.) We're just asking for the same protections we already have for writing in TV or film. Nothing new or weird. Just the basics.
What are the other issues? DVDs: Currently we get .3% per dvd, we're asking for .6%. Translation: now we get 4 cents per dvd. We are asking for 8 cents per dvd. Since most DVD's cost at least 10 bucks, that doesn't exactly seem like a bank-breaker. Whatever. Enforcement of Coverage: There are lots of shows, like game shows, documentaries and talk shows, where writing is supposed to be covered under our contract. The companies sometimes just ignore the contract -- which means folks don't get health and pension, and if they ask for it, they get fired. We want them to stop that, and honor the contract they signed.

Expansion of Coverage: We want to cover stuff where writers are working without coverage, which means without health and pension and other protections. The two big areas are animation and reality. We think those writers should be covered.

You don't actually think you'll get all that, do you? Personally? I think in a perfect world, negotiation involves, well, negotiating. That's give-and-take, where we get some of what we want and they get some of what they want. So far, they just keep showing up at the table with more and more things they're saying they're going to take away -- rollbacks on health and pension, gutting of separated rights, that kind of thing.
But they gave back those resid-whatever-thingums, right? Sort of. They took that one rollback off the table -- but since they're not moving on "digital delivery", and since pretty much all content is going to be digitally delivered in the coming years, well... we'll lose those residuals as soon as that happens. So without internet coverage, it doesn't mean much.''

on the brightside a whole crap load of movies that were stuck in developement hell are being rushed for the 09 possibly all in the summer!

Transformers 2
Justice League
Terminator
Wolverine
Spiderman 4

on the brightside a whole crap load of movies that were stuck in developement hell are being rushed for the 09 possibly all in the summer!
Yeah! because there's nothing better than a rushed movie...

So...uhm...how in the blue hell will they explain all these mysteries in time?

Can't they get some scabs? There has to be a boatload of people willing to write and not be in the union.

Did they film those Origins eps yet? Maybe we'll at least get 17 episodes rather than just 11. :(

EDIT: Oops.. I just saw that other thread where they said Origins was shelved. Dangit! :mad:

Truly a dark day. I wish they would just let the "last" episode of the show go on as planned, and just pick up when the strike is over, instead of tampering with the plot.

there is gonna be a lot of crappy movies in the 09 summer if any even come out. this writers strike is a huge deal not just for tv but movies. but it sucks bad, but at least colbert will have more time to run for office lol

It's about time, and actually GREAT timing for Heroes, who already have an ending built in mid-season... NBC actually is being redundant requiring a season ender, though I guess Heroes will shoot a different cliffhanger or something...

But still, I'm not let down at all... lets get this writers strike over with, since, clearly, no one was trying to prevent it...

Too bad most people have no idea what's going on, and they'll be like "Reruns? What the heck? What's wrong with TV nowadays?"

This sucks. Sucks Sucks Sucks. What I don't get is why this is even going on. What will become of the Entertainment industry without the writers? Why arn't they giving them whatever they want?

This sucks. Sucks Sucks Sucks. What I don't get is why this is even going on. What will become of the Entertainment industry without the writers? Why arn't they giving them whatever they want?

It's hollywood, greedy upper management type not succumbing to the lower people(the writers) demands. The article above said they only get 4 cents for every DVD sold and sometimes no health care

Ahh greed the root of all evil.
I could understand if they were doctors or policemen or teachers but this strike stinks of greed to me.
Sure the writers do not get as much money and if they were say starving artists I could see the strike but they make quite a pretty penny compared to the average person and they just want a bigger slice of the pie and its not because they need it to survive its jealous greed plain and simple.

They are no better than the production companies who drive movie prices up.

GOD DAMN IT.

My fellow professonial brothers need to get over themselves. This is totally uncalled for.

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

Smallville's gone down the s***er, Bionic Woman is nice but nothing to rave about, and Heroes is all I have left!

They've stripped me of the one show REALLY worth watching! I need a f***ing wall to hit right now!

ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

Smallville's gone down the s***er, Bionic Woman is nice but nothing to rave about, and Heroes is all I have left!

They've stripped me of the one show REALLY worth watching! I need a f***ing wall to hit right now!

Well there's still 5 weeks left(episode 11 is when the volume ends) so enjoy them while you can.

I have to recheck the source to see if it really really is true. Apparently the same post was made at IMDB but the poster kept dodging the source.

Ahh greed the root of all evil.
I could understand if they were doctors or policemen or teachers but this strike stinks of greed to me.
Sure the writers do not get as much money and if they were say starving artists I could see the strike but they make quite a pretty penny compared to the average person and they just want a bigger slice of the pie and its not because they need it to survive its jealous greed plain and simple.

They are no better than the production companies who drive movie prices up.

Sources, please? Numbers?

Stop being so ignorant, please. You make yourself sound spoiled and make it seem like your parents didn't do their job right. Educate yourself, since you are on the internet after all: http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-e...ike-Fallout-Heroes/800026358?rssDate=12345678

Heroes' second season may be coming to a close a lot sooner than expected due to the forthcoming apocalypse, also known in some circles as the damn writers' strike.

Sources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike. Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted (fingers crossed!), the alt ending would likely be scrapped.

well as we all know now there was no 11th hour save.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=dcc84c3f-fa04-4fca-890e-8dba4a5dd7ba

From all appearances, Lost may have the best advantage of all series, given that it has been stockpiling new scripts since June and not a single episode has aired. At this point, 14 of 16 episodes have been written. And if the strike does last long enough to seriously impact other series, Lost could very well be the only quality scripted drama on television in February (along with perhaps 24, though it's far more behind in scripts due to an overhaul of location and storyline)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975256.html?categoryid=10&cs=1

The Writers Guild of America and its 12,000 members has announced that it will go on strike Monday against studios and networks.

The official announcement came at a news conference at WGA West headquarters in Los Angeles, following approvals in Friday meetings by the WGA West board and the WGA East Council.

This blows. A lot. How long is this thing expected to last?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"