Heroes Strike Thread (Post all strike related news in here)

Well, no matter what types of stupidity are espoused about "healing factors" in the pages of Wolverine... No food = No healing = death.

I think that you have to chalk it up to creative license though. I mean, technically, a person that is always healing would require energy to do so, and therefore would need insane amounts of food, which they are not consuming.

Also, as far as regenerating an entire limb, that matter would have to come from somewhere. A lot of different types of matter would be required for regeneration.

I think that we should trust Adam when he said that they couldn't figure any way out to kill him.

But I agree that entombing him is a bit of a cop-out. Some incurable strain of the virus would have been better.

As the WGA strike begins its 4th week, I've been told positive news about today's resumption of contract talks between the writers and the producers. So positive, in fact, that I'm almost fearful to post it. But here goes: a very reliable source tells me that there appears to be a deal seemingly in place between both sides.
"It's already done, basically," the insider describes. That's because of the weeks worth of groundwork by the Hollywood agents working the writers guild leadership on one side, and the studio and network moguls on the other. I was told not to expect an agreement this week. But my source thought it was possible that the strike could be settled before Christmas.
Look, I don't want to raise false hope here. But this source has been very accurate in the past. The negotiations starting today will have a news blackout, so don't expect any significant leaks. But consider the real possibility there's been a breakthrough. Still, I must caution that this is Hollywood -- where defeat is snatched from the jaws of victory nearly every time.
http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/dare-we-hope-a-deal-has-been-struck/

If the strike does end even though they have to go through with the Season Finale maybe they can also air the alternate season finale, and if not that then just start a whole new season? Season 3 should be more focused on the 12, and just bring back more flashbacks.

CROSS YOUR FINGERS!

-Mechanix1992:cwink:

Just listened to an interview Jeph Loeb did following the last episode of Heroes. He seemed cautiously optimistic about the next meeting on the 26th and a return to production when so many other shows are already writing off the rest of their seasons. But with that said, he said he could see them realistically doing maybe 4 to 6 episodes more once preduction resumes.

I know I wondered what they'd realistically be able to accomplish before summer if they did start up production again. So basically, if the strike is resolved, we can expect a few months of repeats and a mini episode arc. I suppose it's better than nothing.
would this mean that they wouldn't use the rushed season finale episode that they filmed?

8 weeks of time lost though means 8 less episodes at best. That gives them about 4 more episodes to realistically work with. I think this season is done.

8 weeks of time lost though means 8 less episodes at best. That gives them about 4 more episodes to realistically work with. I think this season is done.

If they get the strike resolved before January, I'm guessing they will likely resume filming immeidietly (keep in mind, they were on episode 14 when NBC decided to pull the plug on 11). There will be time to catch up, even if it means going into the summer by a couple weeks.

that "before Christmas" line killed me. i had no idea how long it took to cross the "t's" and dot the "i's". if that's how miraculously short it could be, i think i'd kill my self waiting for this thing to be dragged out.

By the way, Merging this with the Heroes strike thread.

Here's a quote from Greg Beemans new blog just posted tonight:

Tim did some quick rewrites on episode 11, so that it would be even more resolved and complete if, God forbid, the strike goes on so long that there is no more of season 2 than the first eleven. If that happens 11 will be a de-facto season finale and can function as such. But if the strike is resolved relatively soon, we will most certainly come back and present VOLUME 3

So, at leasts we will get the rest of the season if the strike truly does end somtime soon. YAY!!

Only just got into Heroes and am mid way through season 1 - Can anyone give me a summery of what's happening here with a shortened season 2 etc?

not much, to me it's been pretty boring.

you could skip the first 7 episodes of season 2, and catch the last 3 or 4, and lost nothing. The beginning of season 2 sucks... but it's recently gotten much better, as we approach the 11th epi. I blame the hispanic heroes... thankfully, one got knocked off this week, so things are looking up

Once the strike is over, they should just Dallas away this little half of a season and start over.

Negotiators for the Writers Guild of America and the Association of Motion Picture and Television Producers were due to return to the bargaining table again today after two day of talks that reportedly showed little forward motion. L.A. Weekly columnist Nikki Finke reported on her Deadline Hollywood Daily Internet site today (Wednesday) that the studio representatives have spent the last two days rehashing the proposals that they had on the table when the writers walked out, adding only two relatively insignificant new items for the WGA to consider. She quoted one source as saying, "You can look at this as some really sophisticated and interesting negotiating tactic, or as stonewalling. But it's also paralysis. It's one thing to go back but another to not move at all." Meanwhile, today's Los Angeles Times observed that even if the strike were settled before Christmas, normal operations could not be resumed for three to five weeks. "Resuming production isn't something that can happen overnight," Pam Veasey, an executive producer of CSI: New York, told the Times. "You have to write scripts, you have to find locations, you have to do casting. It doesn't just take one week to prepare 200 crew members to film a single episode of a drama."

28/11/2007

Hmm, Unfortunately, I think the studio can last much longer than the writers.

i know, i'm pathetic. :csad:

Nah, your not! :woot:

What really blows me away is that OTHER people STILL think we will get more of season 2.

GUYS!!!

It's over, and there is nothing that can save this terrorible season!!! :csad:

why do you think we won't get any more of a Season two and that TPTB will just decide to go into a Season three once the strike is over?

If the rumor of an end to the strike b4 Xmas is correct then i can see Season two being finished with a longer mid-season break. If it's wrong and the strike lasts till maybe march or april then i would agree, but it's too early to be writing off any more Season two episodes IMHO

Hmm, Unfortunately, I think the studio can last much longer than the writers.

I don't think so, 2009 is already not shaping up in good condition with Bond 22, Angels and Demonds, and Thor pushed back and other movies such as Justice League, Transformers 2, and others are in danger.

And frankly the writers have too much support. The other writers guilds around the world have pledged to honor their strike and they have SAG on their side. Also, if the writers last long enough, the actors and directors will be approaching their strike date and have pledged to support the writers and the actors and directors have far more pull than writers.

There's only one thing they can do in a situation like this...

Hire me! =)

Anyone else notice that NBC is advertising it as the "last episode of the year" and just the "finale" instead of the season finale? Maybe they know something we don't about the strike?

maybe... Hope so

It would be nice if we did get something, rather than just this stunted piecew of a season, even if it was a special or something. :(

why do you think we won't get any more of a Season two and that TPTB will just decide to go into a Season three once the strike is over?

If the rumor of an end to the strike b4 Xmas is correct then i can see Season two being finished with a longer mid-season break. If it's wrong and the strike lasts till maybe march or april then i would agree, but it's too early to be writing off any more Season two episodes IMHO

I just don't have any hope with everthing I've read about this. I mean lets face it, this season has not been that great. The show has really gone now where fast. The only character that has progressed is Hiro. Kinda sad really... :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"