Funniest lines of Thor: Ragnarok

terry78

My name is Stefan, sweet thang
Reaction score
I genuinely feel that this warrants a thread after seeing it as there hasn't really been an MCU flick with this many quotables since the GOTG flicks. I know it probably took them a few takes unless they were better people than me, but Hiddleston saying
"I request safe passage....through the anus."
with a straight face was classic, pretty much Mel Brooks/David Zucker/Monty Python level.

I forgot how it went exactly, but I loved Thor's line about Loki turning into a snake when they were younger and then stabbing him.

"Because that's what heroes do." It was a reoccurring gag with Thor.

Thor - "It's that what that is, I thought it was an eyebrow"

Surtur - "IT'S A CROWN"

"Yes! That's how it feels!" -Loki

And of course the "We know each other! He's a friend from work"

Korg: Well, I tried to start a revolution, but didn't print enough pamphlets so hardly anyone turned up. Except for my mum and her boyfriend, who I hate. As punishment, I was forced to be in here and become a gladiator. Bit of a promotional disaster that one, but I' m actually organizing another revolution. I don't know if you'd be interested in something like that? Do you reckon you'd be interested?"

Some of them aren't the lines themselves but the way that they're delivered that make them funny.

"PISS OFF GHOST! Oh... he's gone." :lmao:

"I have been falling... for thirty minutes!"

"Surtur, son of... a *****, you're still alive!"

"Whoever I am?? I'm sorry, did you listen to a word I just said??"

"THOR GO AGAIN!"

"Another day, another Doug."

"What are we whispering about?"

Pretty much all Korg's lines were solid gold.

Thor: "Where do you come from, Miek?"
Korg: "Oh, Miek's dead."

Thor and Loki's "get help" ploy.

Thor (carrying Loki in his arms and shouting to the Grandmaster's guards): "My brother's dying! Get help!"
Thor then hurls Loki's body into the guards, knocking them all out.
Thor: "Ah, classic!"
Loki: "I still hate it. It's humiliating."
Thor: "Well, not for me."

I loved the "Get Help", genius!!!
The Snake story was also a favourite. Didn't see that story/punchline coming at all! :D

The hole interaction with Hela and Skurge was pretty funny.
"My father was a mason..." "Mostly to execute people"

Can't remember the lines but Hela delivery was really good. :woot:

We should call ourselves the revengers.

We should call ourselves the revengers.
"I'm looking for revenge, you're looking for revenge and he..."
"I don't know, i haven't decided yet..."

:woot:

The hole interaction with Hela and Skurge was pretty funny.
"My father was a mason..." "Mostly to execute people"

Can't remember the lines but Hela delivery was really good. :woot:

Yes, I found this interaction funny too esp Hela's delivery about the executioner stuff.

If I remember it right, I think it went like this.

HELA: Tell me about yourself Skurge
SKURGE: My dad was a stonemason, my mum was a..
HELA: Wait, let me just stop you there. What I meant was, what is your ambition?
SKURGE: Just wanna chance to prove myself
HELA: Recognition. When I was young every great king had an executioner, not just to execute people but also to execute their vision… but mainly to execute people, still it was a great honor. I was Odin’s executioner and you shall be my executioner. Let’s begin our conquest.

A bit of paraphrasing, as I've forgot some things, but...

"You didn't have to go through all this to get in contact with me, you could have just called me."
"Keeping the world safe from multidimensional threats is my responsibility. Besides, you don't have a phone."
"No, but you could have sent an electronic letter. It's called an e-mail."
"Do you have a computer?
"No, what for?"

'Get Help.' I liked that scene. As well as 'Piss off Ghost.'

Last edited:
Most of the lines have been mentioned but my favorite is possible "I've been falling for 30 minutes" The way it was said and just who it was done to was great, you'd never really expect him to be taken advantage of like that.

'Get Help.' I liked that scene. As well as 'Piss off Ghost.'

And the sequel to lift "Get Help": when Hela is stalking toward the Revengers on the bridge, and Loki says to Thor "I'm not doing 'Get Help'"

I laughed hard when Hulk walked naked in front of Thor and Thor said, " Oh, it's in my head now."

Also, the audience groaned when they saw Hulk's bare butt. That whole sequence was funny.

All of Skurge’s dialogue when he was trying to impress those two Asgard women was gold.

I also liked Thor kept bringing up “sun’s getting low” bit like when he and Bruce were on the streets.

This movie just had nice little callbacks to the other Avengers movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"