Future plans for Smallville. The good & bad...

^ LOL then I guess the real question then becomes how many foreign countries can they make Vancouver look like? :D

I think they could get away with it for one season, as long as every so often he comes back to Smallville.

With his powers he could be back there in a matter of minutes at any time anyway. Hell they spend half their time in Metropolis now as it is

Maybe he could travel for journalism reasons as long as he came home to Smallville every night.

But I'm not sure if theyll go the Birthright route since they seem to be paving the way for the Donner Fortress training instead.

Actually, there have been a lot of shows that have been successful with that kind of format. Highlander and Highway to Heaven come to mind, albeit they couldn't be more different in subject matter.

I tell ya, that would totally rock my sox off if they went in this direction. It works with Superman canon very VERY well (he still doesn't have to fly or wear the costume, and it gets Clark away from everybody he knows so that when he does finally show up in Metropolis years later, it's easier to swallow he's not recognized when he's Superman), it would be less expensive to produce (fewer full-time cast salaries to pay), most if not all stories would center around Clark and whatever guest star they had that week (no more ensemble cast to share screen time with LOL), and the stories could be more creative as they wouldn't have to rely on all things weird come from Smallville (the town). I see a whole lot of pros and no cons at the moment. Hmmm... :hyper:

The only question is is Tom in it for the long haul ? This is playing the same character for such a long part of his life

Clark needs a girlfriend one way or another.

Lori Lemaris. Just kidding.

He doesnt need one. Everytime he gets one, bad stuff happens and emoness ensues.

He's better off focusing on the bigger things in his life, like he was doing for the beginning of season 6.

^ LOL then I guess the real question then becomes how many foreign countries can they make Vancouver look like? :D
Wasn't Highlander shot there? Or was that Toronto? Meh... was one of those cities in the Great White North. I think they did one season in Paris too, which was probably pretty damn expensive.

X-Files shot in Canada for most of its run too, though the "look" of both series (X-Files and Highlander) were similar in their dourness. Any show about Superman HAS to be bright and colorful. SV set that standard, and I would be extremely disappointed if they changed it.

The only question is is Tom in it for the long haul ? This is playing the same character for such a long part of his life
Dunno, though I'm leaning more towards thinking he'd do it. He'd be making serious coin, he could still direct episodes (which he apparently enjoys) and he could still do smaller films during the hiatuses, assuming he wanted to. Besides, how long could it go? Two years, tops? [deja vu back to 2000 LOL]

I was keeping mum on that part as I didn't want to rile the natives. LOL

I dunno. I thought I read somewhere that Mack said her contract was up next year too, but I'm not sure about that. Aaron does films, so if they want him, they gotta grab him as soon as they can, which would be next year around this time, I would think.

It was Kristin Kreuk at the CW Lanuch party. She said that herself, Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack were all done after Season 7.

here's the thing, if they lose their Lex Luthor (and obviously they have to have Welling under contract or it wouldnt even be a consideration) they've got to move Clark out of the whole Metropolis/Smallville area or else he'd still be running into Lex all the time.

Season 8, assuming it happens, would have to be something like the early parts of Birthright where Clark is traveling the world helping people. They could almost make it like the old Incredible Hulk TV show where Clark is pretty much a drifter in a new place each week helping different people with his abilities and learning life lessons from them. Not sure what they'd do with the rest of the regular cast that comes back though....

I would totally love that. A whole season dedicated to Clark and his place in the world. Totally rocks. :up:

Well Stargate Sg1 and Atlantis makes Vancouver look like other planets, so I dont see other countries on this planet being a problem. :cwink:

What if they do a Metropolis Series with Lois & Jimmy at the Daily Planet while Clark is in training ? & Chloe could be off with the Justice League

Lori Lemaris. Just kidding.

He doesnt need one. Everytime he gets one, bad stuff happens and emoness ensues.

He's better off focusing on the bigger things in his life, like he was doing for the beginning of season 6.

True, for the progression of the character; not true, for redK fans :->

Yes, a season devoted entirely to his training would be cool.

Perhaps Jor-El could create holographic/otherwise not-quite-real females, so he could be trained in resisting them :->

here's the thing, if they lose their Lex Luthor (and obviously they have to have Welling under contract or it wouldnt even be a consideration) they've got to move Clark out of the whole Metropolis/Smallville area or else he'd still be running into Lex all the time.

Season 8, assuming it happens, would have to be something like the early parts of Birthright where Clark is traveling the world helping people. They could almost make it like the old Incredible Hulk TV show where Clark is pretty much a drifter in a new place each week helping different people with his abilities and learning life lessons from them. Not sure what they'd do with the rest of the regular cast that comes back though....

A serial anthology show would probably work and it's a long time format.

The old Hulk show was like that, but some of the best shows ever also did. The Fugitive tv show, Wagon Train, the original Star Trek and most of the sequel shows (Gene Roddenbarry had envisioned ST: TOS would be like Wagon Train in the stars, after all), Quantum Leap, Highway to Heaven, etc, etc...

The list goes on and on.

An anthology style adventures of superman in training could work, IMO.

I still think that they could do a Metropolis Series with Lois & Jimmy at the Daily Planet while Clark is in training & Chloe could be off with the Justice League

Wasn't Highlander shot there? Or was that Toronto? Meh... was one of those cities in the Great White North. I think they did one season in Paris too, which was probably pretty damn expensive.

X-Files shot in Canada for most of its run too, though the "look" of both series (X-Files and Highlander) were similar in their dourness. Any show about Superman HAS to be bright and colorful. SV set that standard, and I would be extremely disappointed if they changed it.

Highlander shot half its season in Vancouver and half in Paris.
X-Files was based in Vancouver too.

There was always a running joke about the Vancouver Repertory Company - a name given because you always see the same guest actors/extras on all these shows. Smallville has used its share of VRC members as well.

Pretty much. Could have him flying through space and traversing the cosmos too. Lots of cool options, but I think it'd have to be a full-on Superman show.

Clark needs a girlfriend one way or another.

First and foremost, get Clark a babe who doesn't die or have her attraction wear off in the AM!

UMM I agree!

Well the Bizzarro thing is cool. Remember, they're also taking ideas from the Superboy mythos as well (there was a Bizzarro Superboy, and a young Mxyptlk, and some Phantom Zone villains as well...and let's not forget young Lex). I don't like the idea of Parasite and Doomsday appearing. Supergirl I'm willing to overlook, seeing as how she already made an appearance and it was handled well (not to mention that there's like 20 different Supergirls in Superman history).

I look at it like this (thought it has taken me a while): Al and Gough are taking ideas from various Superman mythos to craft their very own. In this one, Clark apparently won't be donning the costume, there is a Chloe, Clark and Ollie are World's Finest, and Lex and Lana will be having a kid. The way I see it, Clark is almost on his way to becoming Superman since he's going around doing this whole "vanquishing of the zoners" bit. By the end of this season, he will have finally made that decision to go around saving and helping people. He wouldn't really have a need for the insignia, seeing as how it was only used to defeat the Zoners. he wouldn't worry about a mask, because obviously his identity isn't really a problem or he would've donned a mask this season. Since he moves so fast, not many people will be able to get a look at his face if he keeps up the speed.

That's how I see it. But I would've really liked him to get a costume and I think the reason they're giving is just dumb. But could they slip past that by giving Clark Superboy's costume (the one with the leather jacket and tights)?

... But I would've really liked him to get a costume and I think the reason they're giving is just dumb. But could they slip past that by giving Clark Superboy's costume (the one with the leather jacket and tights)?

I'd definitely like to see him in more of a costume than red/blue shirt, blue/red jacket, and jeans. He looks great in the leather jacket, but I don't think this Clark would be caught dead in tights. Close-fitting pants, maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"