Smallville at SDCC '07

I don't know if any of you know, but apparently you can watch the Smallville panel (29 minutes long) on Xbox 360.

You can! I have a few calls to make. :)

Then again, I wonder if that means it'll make it's way onto the web shortly?

I don't know if any of you know, but apparently you can watch the Smallville panel (29 minutes long) on Xbox 360.

Okay, I just watched it and that was totally cool. :up: Thanks Spider-Gamer.

A couple of highlights.... I know it caused some controversy around here so I'll start with the bit when they were asked "How would Lois and Lex not recognise Clark as Superman since they've seen him without his glasses."

Their immediate response was, "How dont they recognise him now anyway?". Perect answer. He then went on to say " thankfully we wont have to worry about that....." I think it was Erica who made a joke about Lois Lane been some big investigative reporter. :woot:

When Justin and Erica were asked about "how do they prepare for steamy scenes". Justin's reply was that you always go into the scene "saying dont get mad at me if something happens, but dont be offended if it doesnt".

Justin was actually very entertaining.

Tom couldnt attend the ComicCon, because he was actually shooting that very day. That last little detail was left out of most of the online stuff that I saw.

Erica was beaming up there, she's a delightfully funny girl.

Al and Miles, were Al and Miles, but I did get a vibe from them that they are very impressed and appreciative of the success that Smallville has achieved and went out of their way several times to express their gratitude to the fans.

Laura seemed a little shy, but she appears to be a very warm and lovely person. I cant wait to see her performances.

Last, but certainly not least, was Phil Morris who impressed me a great deal with his intelligence and responses, and I loved how he stressed that a huge success of the show was due in part to the wonderful crew and cast. Justin also made a point of mentioning that as well.

Overall very enjoyable. For those that dont have x-box I hope it makes its way onto YouTube, because it was very much worth a watch.

Edit: Forgot to mention they referred to the preview clip several times, but didnt show it. That was a bit disappointing. :(

Besides the Smallville panel from Comic-Con thats available on Xbox Live, there is also a Smallville trailer listed... http://www.majornelson.com/archive/...roundup-for-july-29-2007-comic-con-day-3.aspx

Unfortunatelly since the latest update from Xbox Live, even though I have a US account and can browse the US marketplace, I cant download anything from it...I can only download stuff from my (EU) region of the marketplace (even though I could download from the US before the update) and I've read that none of the comic-con stuff are available for it.
Plus, I dont have my 360 with me.

So, is this the trailer they showed at comic-con (I'm thinking it is)? If so, could someone please capture it and upload it online? Thanks...

Besides the Smallville panel from Comic-Con thats available on Xbox Live, there is also a Smallville trailer listed... http://www.majornelson.com/archive/...roundup-for-july-29-2007-comic-con-day-3.aspx

Unfortunatelly since the latest update from Xbox Live, even though I have a US account and can browse the US marketplace, I cant download anything from it...I can only download stuff from my (EU) region of the marketplace (even though I could download from the US before the update) and I've read that none of the comic-con stuff are available for it.
Plus, I dont have my 360 with me.

So, is this the trailer they showed at comic-con (I'm thinking it is)? If so, could someone please capture it and upload it online? Thanks...

Arrgh! Avid, can your son d/l the trailer?

If it is the same trailer that was up like a day or so ago then (if i am correct) it is old with no new footage.

If it is the same trailer that was up like a day or so ago then (if i am correct) it is old with no new footage.

Well, the link I provided says trailer was at the marketplace on July 29. So I guess its the trailer you saw. That sucks. I really wanted to see the trailer with the new footage they showed at comic-con.

Hopefully they'll release it online. If not, we should get a season premiere trailer in Sept. right?

Dark_Lord said:
Hopefully they'll release it online. If not, we should get a season premiere trailer in Sept. right?

We should be getting a glimpse of the new season this month, middle to late August.

From AICN:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33531

One of our spies fills us in on the SMALLVILLE panel from Comic-Con! Supergirl and more!!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Shhhh... don't tell Herc, but I'm slipping in this Comic-Con report while he's sleeping on his watch! Or maybe he's just lulling me into a false sense of security and before I know it his little, cold leg nubs will be sliding around my neck, cutting off the blood flow to my brain.

So, I better make this quick!

Unfortunately, TV doesn't get much coverage from me at the Con. They like to program the TV panels against the film panels, making it impossible for me to cover at the Con. I know this year I had to bow out of both the LOST and HEROES panels.

I've already been talking to the AICN bigwigs and it looks like AICN will have a much larger presence at the Con next year.

But thankfully our dutiful readers can help me out a bit in catching up with this year's coverage.

I can't say I've seen much SMALLVILLE, but I know it's a huge fan favorite show. So, enjoy the panel coverage from "Kosher D"!

Hey Quint,

Kosher D here, I didn't see anything from the SMALLVILLE Panel at Comic Con up on the site so I figured I would tell you and the readers what went on. First, let me premise this with the notion that I was not planning on reporting any of this, so I didn't take extensive notes. If anyone else has something to add that I forgot from the panel, please feel free to do so.

The panel started with an extensive amount of footage shown. I will tell you about some of the highlights that we saw.

-Supergirl. That's right, Supergirl. The beautiful Laura Vandervoort has been cast to play Supergirl. We see clips of her talking to Clark, telling him that her father Zor-El and his father Jor-El were brothers, therefore making them cousins. She asks him if he can fly, and when he says no, she says "I guess girls do mature faster than boys."
-There was a short clip of the Green Arrow
-A short clip of John Martian Manhunter
-But the other huge clip that got the audience really amped was when Clark sees himself wearing all black and says, "Who are you?" to which other Clark replies, "I'm you, just a little bizzare." The crowd went nuts, and we saw Clark and Bizzaro do some fighting and actually even saw a clip of Clark with the Bizzaro face; it looked really good.

The panel was then brought out on stage. It featured the executive producers Al Gough and Miles Millar as well as cast members Erica Durance (Lois Lane), Phil Morris (John Martian Manhunter), Justin Hartley (Green Arrow), and newcomer Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl). The panel was great, they were really appreciative of the fans and told them that without them, there is no way they would be going on their seventh year. They told us that Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) really wanted to be at the Con but was recovering from back surgery and couldn't make it, and that Tom Welling (Clark Kent) was still filming. As Gough said, "When you're playing Clark and Bizzaro, you have a lot of filming to do." During their discution we learned some things about the new season and about some old rumors.

-There will be no Bruce Wayne. Ever. According to Gough and Millar they have been fighting to bring in Bruce since the beginning, but were told that since Batman Begins' huge success and now The Dark Knight on the way, the studios are refusing to let Batman anywhere but the big scene. They said many times that DC Comics and the studios have been very supportive of all of their work on the show, but they weren't going to get Bruce.
-However, don't lose all hope for Wonder Woman.
-Someone asked if we are finally going to see Clark fly this season. They response they gave was that Supergirl can fly, so we will be seeing some flying lessons given to Clark, but how well he does with them, we're going to have to wait and see.
-Even though there is no Batman, we will be seeing more Justice Leaguers this season. Including some returning faces as well as some new ones.
-The story behind Supergirl is that she crashed from Krypton the same time Clark did, but had been submerged under water. However after a large flood, I believe, her ship has been brought out of the water and she has aged to a 19 year old girl rather than the child that she was while in the ship.
-Lois and Supergirl will be having what Durance called "encounters." We're not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but Durance also said that "Lois likes that she can fight, so we'll see what happens."
-Lois begins working at "The Daily Planet" this season.

The best question in my opinion was to Hartley and Durance. The question was something to the effect of, "In previous seasons, you guys have had some really steamy scenes. How do you prepare for those?" The actors were kinda caught off guard, and Hartley had already made mention that his wife was in the audience. His response was, "You just go for it and say 'Hey sorry if something happens, and don't get offended if nothing happens.'" The audience lost it. Durance tried to answer more professionally by saying, "It's important to know what kind of kissing scene it is. That way you can play it out differently."

One of the last things that they showed was in a box on stage which had been covered with a sheet. The removed the sheet to reveal the prototypes of the first line of "Smallville Action Figures." I can't remember the release date, I think it is March, but these were very basic prototypes. There were four figures, each one a different color, but there were no faces or anything on them. The crowd was happy to see them, and I'm sure the finished project will be great. We were informed that not only were we the first audience to see the footage they aired at the start of the panel, but we were the first people to see this figures.

All and all it was a fantastic panel. They really thanked all of the fans and Morris said something that spoke to everyone when he said, "I'm am like all of you, I am a huge fan of the comic books and always have been, and to be able to actually play these guys is like a fantasy come true. And without you all, there is no way I could be living that fantasy. So thank you."

That's about it, like I said if anyone who went has anything else, please throw it on the Talkback.

-Kosher D

The panel started with an extensive amount of footage shown. I will tell you about some of the highlights that we saw.

-Supergirl. That's right, Supergirl. The beautiful Laura Vandervoort has been cast to play Supergirl. We see clips of her talking to Clark, telling him that her father Zor-El and his father Jor-El were brothers, therefore making them cousins. She asks him if he can fly, and when he says no, she says "I guess girls do mature faster than boys."
-But the other huge clip that got the audience really amped was when Clark sees himself wearing all black and says, "Who are you?" to which other Clark replies, "I'm you, just a little bizzare." The crowd went nuts, and we saw Clark and Bizzaro do some fighting and actually even saw a clip of Clark with the Bizzaro face; it looked really good.

Sounds like that clip was taken directly from the end of the season 6 finale.:csad:

-The story behind Supergirl is that she crashed from Krypton the same time Clark did, but had been submerged under water. However after a large flood, I believe, her ship has been brought out of the water and she has aged to a 19 year old girl rather than the child that she was while in the ship.

See what happens when someone transcribes something a little bit wrong. You lose the whole context of what is actually happening. That's why I've been telling everyone not to panic about Gough's comment regarding "not having to deal with Lex and Lois not knowing Clark is Superman".

And since I'm talking about this, I have another theory that I think the series has already established as to why Lois wont recognise Clark as Superman.

Let's be realistic here, a pair of glasses isnt going to change the look of anyone, but the way Lois views Clark regardless of how much respect she has for him, is that he's a geek, he's a nerd, he's a loser, he's a whatever, and it simply does not occur to her that this godlike being could possibly be this simple farmboy.

I think the series has taken a much more realistic approach to this side of the story.

Thanks Raku, for the interview. :)

They told us that Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor) really wanted to be at the Con but was recovering from back surgery and couldn't make it...

manip_lex-as-docock_from-spiderman2_poster_frumious.png

OMG!!:wow:

I have to see it!! Someone should have recorded that!!

Still anything of the trailer? :(

Here are a bunch of short vids of the Smallville panel from Comic Con:

Unfortunately, the montage has not found its way online yet. :(

Hrmm... How do you embed Youtube vids in a post?!

Not working for me

The whole SV ComicCon panel is up on youtube.

Part 1 of 3:
[YT]ElU7d5Jh0-M[/YT]

Parts 2 and 3 are linked from there.

ETA:
OOPS! It doesn't appear to allow embedding. How annoying.

Here's the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElU7d5Jh0-M

"How do you sleep at night?"

Ha! Justin Hartley is awesome!

Seriously, these guys seem so much fun. They really do have great chemistry.

That was a lot of fun. Justin and Erica I thought was the highlight of the show. They really made it enjoyable to watch. Love their answers and their equally funny expressions that came along with it.

Phil Morris's voice reminds me of Ron Glass. Deep and gracious and quite an intelligent fellow.

Laura will no doubt come out of her shell. If not, I can imagine Erica helping her along. She's just full of cheerful energy, no cast member can resist. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"