FX Atlanta

Ever since mine took a gash out of my head back in 96 before my senior picture I've been shaving my head ever since.

I had grown my hair out to get a fade. Not exactly a tall high top, but enough and I would keep it growing. Dude went too low in the middle of my head so it was like flat parts plus the natural curve of my head.

I looked a mess and I was going to meet my ex's mother at the time too in another state. Ended up going to her mother's barber and she was the best barber I ever had. Fixed my hair with a low fade and later when I grew it out again, gave me a nice afrohawk.

Loved the score from Flylo and Thenderscat.

They on some American Horror Story **** now.

I'm going to sum up this episode with a single gif:

tumblr_opt4dyGWAt1qzs7uio10_r1_400.gif

When this series ends, it will be without a doubt one of the best programs of the 2000's and maybe top 10 of the 21st century.

It really is remarkable.

Man... I've seen a lot of horror movies, but this one got me. Whoever played Michae....I mean Teddy Perkins did a fantastic job.

I can't wait to rewatch this during October.

Saw a lot of folks on Twitter saying or believing that it was Donald Glover himself playing Teddy Perkins...under a massive amount of makeup work.

Yeah...it clearly was Glover.

Yeah, I could tell it was Glover. Had me rolling the whole time. But when they showed Earn in the back of the car after bringing up Sammy Sosa, I was dead.

This episode, man.

https://twitter.com/rileywrittens/status/982088673884803072?s=12

1. Mrs. Winners was robbed.
2. Paperboi was robbed
3. Earn was robbed by strip club finesse
4. Earn & Van robbed of a true love relationship
5. Paperboi robbed of his time, patience & a permanent barber
6. Darius was robbed of a piano. Teddy was robbed of his childhood

https://twitter.com/sammylemar/status/982115631779561472?s=12

Just read a pretty amazing theory on tonights #AtlantaFX episode. Going to thread it here. Lots of symbolism and allegories in tonight’s episode. I believe Donald wrote this about the duality of Michael Jackson. Even though Teddy and Benny are physically not the same person, metaphorically they are the same individual. Teddy is who Michael was in public, and Benny represents who he really was inside; a tormented soul. The fact that Benny was hidden away down in the basement is an allegory to that of Michael's true-self being suppressed. Ultimately, I think that there were three parables told in tonight's episode:

1. The cost of being successful within the system of white supremacy.
2. The cost of being Black in the Entertainment industry.
3. The cost of believing your Black child's humanity is a necessary sacrifice in order for them to be successful in the world.

Finally watched this episode and it was a trip and tragic. Like I said before no bad episode yet from this series imo.

Saw a lot of folks on Twitter saying or believing that it was Donald Glover himself playing Teddy Perkins...under a massive amount of makeup work.

It took me about 2 mins of seeing Teddy before realizing. At first, I thought of how funny it would be if it was D since we hadn't seen him in the episode and then I realize it was indeed him.

Confirmed: Drake's Mexican.

And of course Darius would just be at the party somehow. Even after his Teddy Perkins experience.

It's a revelation. I still don't know what the **** he is race wise.

Drake has a African American dad and Jewish Canadian mom.

Drake does call himself Champagne Papi and make some reggaeton influenced tracks so I could see why folks might think he was Hispanic.

After the whole Bruno Mars revelation every racially ambiguous musician is probably now considered suspect by some folks :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"