Sequels "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise that's the worst approach to have?

The film being rubbish won't change a thing, Fox won't give up the rights to X-Men. All I want is great enjoyable X-Men movies, and even if you don't like Fox that's the only thing to hope for

'twas a joke, sir.

I'd say most of those actually has to do with acting and writing, except slender and scruffy, but those can be fixed too.

But for me I'm not too tied down with Gambit having to be slender and scruffy to work. I want the spirit of Gambit captured, a literal translation is not a priority for me.

So the actor you want has to be both actual cajun and actual expert thief? Show me that actor. ;)

There's such thing as miscasting. It happens regardless of acting ability, makeup, and costumes.

You can't push a square peg into a circle hole no matter how hard you try.

examples:

Colin Farrell as Alexander the Great.

John Wayne as Genghis Khan.

Nic Cage as Johnny Blaze.

George Clooney as Batman.

Kevin Costner as Robin Hood.

All gifted actors but square pegs for their respective roles.

And have you seen Aidan Turner in Being Human and The Hobbit, he's a talented actor and very versatile, whth experience in action secuences, hot and very charming. Not to mention that in Being Human he's got a Gambit vibe with the lond hair, specially if he gains a few weight.

If you're actually citing to that awful FOX show for casting inspiration, then we clearly have no common ground.

I'm talking about the BBC show, the actor how plays John Mitchell and Kili in the Hobbit

tumblr_mw61db383Q1sdc6cvo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_ms7epjcuMT1ru86oro1_250.gif

Yeah Tatum has no subtle sophistication. He's the buff silent type. That's why he makes great FBI agents, Jack Bauer types. He's even that way in comedic roles like 21 Jump Street or heavier roles like Side Effects. He doesn't have that slickness about him.

Its the equivalent of casting Bruce Willis as Ferris Bueller.

Long story short, Channing Tatum is a character actor. No way around that. Gambit needs to be someone who is either method, or a character actor who is like gambit in real life. I mentioned Armie Hammer before. Maybe that guy from the new Hunger Games? I dunno, there's a lot of good choices out there.

Many people here only talk/complain. This won't make movies you want happen.

CT has worked with this producer before on She's the Man. He wanted to play Gambit long ago. Actually he did audition for the role, but back then Taylor Kitcsh got the role. Things are different for now. Tatum is rising, you like or not.

Now CT just might get his Gambit movie. Unlike many people here. CT does not just talk. He does things, make connections. He can make movies happen these days.

If they don't ask the studio for too much money, there probably will be a Gambit movie. It's not like any of you will pay for this. If it turns out to be a bad movie, don't watch it. You don't lose anything. If it turns out to be good, everyone is happy. Right?

I do wonder if they bring back Gambit.

Would they give him full black/red eyes?

I personally would rather see Gambit be added to X-Men Apocalypse.

The reason behind Donner's sudden desire to do a Gambit movie is embarrassingly transparent. It is only because Channing Tatum said he wanted to play Gambit and they are desperate to cash in on the fact that Tatum is hot right now. If the movie gets made, it will be nothing more than a star vehicle for Tatum who (in my opinion) is just not right for the part no matter how much he loves the character. Sorry.

And to be perfectly honest, I liked Kitsch's Gambit so much (thought he did quite well considering the crappy role he was given) that he IS movieverse Gambit for me at this point. I see no real reason to replace him with Tatum other than said cash-in motivation.

totally agree with you, katie_g.

Recasting actors for the sake of lets find someone else is a really cheap move, from a "shared expanding universe" point of view.

They want to build and expand a franchise recasting and dropping actors. Thats really poor.

totally agree with you, katie_g.

Recasting actors for the sake of lets find someone else is a really cheap move, from a "shared expanding universe" point of view.

They want to build and expand a franchise recasting and dropping actors. Thats really poor.

The problem is that it was done so many times in this franchise that in this case it couldn't be a surprise.

I want them to keep Taylor, but I don't expect it.

Don't know about you guys, but I think it would be a nice, modern update if Channing would have an undercut hairdo in this supposed new Gambit movie. :)

It's a good way to transport his classic look into modern times.
The guy in this pic even looks like Channing :)

gambitundercut.jpg

Ive been wanting to see that look on the big screen for years.

Im sure they could nail Gambit's whole look (costume and hair) and almost everybody would love movie Gambit.

Kitsch is a box office poison and his acting is very meh. Tatum is not a great actor either but he can do an accent. It would be better if Fox hired an actor more suited for the character or, at worst, cast Tatum. The movie would probably be a sure hit with him as the lead.

Don't know about you guys, but I think it would be a nice, modern update if Channing would have an undercut hairdo in this supposed new Gambit movie. :)

It's a good way to transport his classic look into modern times.
The guy in this pic even looks like Channing :)

gambitundercut.jpg

1UKc8Lj.gif

And it's ugly.

Last edited:
its not that hard.

That effect could easily be seen on the actual action sequences, with the actor in movement, with the wind and of all that.

Gambit can have that haircut, without the need to look like that during the whole movie. The key is the cut. If they do it, once he moves and fights, there would be many shots with that "vibe"

Many people here only talk/complain. This won't make movies you want happen.

CT has worked with this producer before on She's the Man. He wanted to play Gambit long ago. Actually he did audition for the role, but back then Taylor Kitcsh got the role. Things are different for now. Tatum is rising, you like or not.

Now CT just might get his Gambit movie. Unlike many people here. CT does not just talk. He does things, make connections. He can make movies happen these days.

If they don't ask the studio for too much money, there probably will be a Gambit movie. It's not like any of you will pay for this. If it turns out to be a bad movie, don't watch it. You don't lose anything. If it turns out to be good, everyone is happy. Right?

Whoa whoa whoa dude! Why so defensive? Seriously!
People aren't here to "complain," as you put it. We're here to DEBATE, and we can respectfully disagree. In fact, that's all I saw on this thread until you started ranting. Most people here DO talk... isn't that the point of these forums?
And if you're going to complain about people in these forums/etiquette, you may want more than 20 posts before you start getting snarky. Otherwise you look trollish.
Seriously though, calm down, take a deep breath, and lets move on and b*tch about Channing Tatum's lack of talent :cwink:

Whoa whoa whoa dude! Why so defensive? Seriously!
People aren't here to "complain," as you put it. We're here to DEBATE, and we can respectfully disagree. In fact, that's all I saw on this thread until you started ranting. Most people here DO talk... isn't that the point of these forums?
And if you're going to complain about people in these forums/etiquette, you may want more than 20 posts before you start getting snarky. Otherwise you look trollish.
Seriously though, calm down, take a deep breath, and lets move on and b*tch about Channing Tatum's lack of talent :cwink:

Why did you take my previous comment so personally? Using the word "WE" would not make whatever you said more valid. Just speak for yourself.

Let's see, you registered in 2002, 900+ posts, what an ACHIEVEMENT!

While you continue to "debate", CT just showed off his Cajun accent on the Ellen show. It's a canny way to respond to the Gambit casting news. The movie just might happen, what can you do about it? Oh! B*tching about his lack of talent. In another 10 years, you are probably still here but with 2000+ posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"