Game developers you have absolute faith in.

Valve, Nintendo (most of their first party devs that do Zelda/Mario), Hideo (Kojima Productions), Retro Studios and Bethesda.

I don't know if Yakuza is weird enough for an Endurance Run.

Activision

ROFLWAFFLE!...but seriously I ****ing hate those guys.

Bethesda (post patches for PS3 games games) ftw

Bethesda

Then again...i'm not really a gamer, only played a handfull of of games and 99% of 'em are Bethesda games

Rockstar
Valve
Rocksteady
Insomniac
Naughty Dog
Sucker Punch (can't believe this wasn't mentioned yet)

Square-Enix puts out a lot of crap nowadays. It's a shame considering that they were the golden boy for Sony during the PS1 and 2 days.

Square-Enix puts out a lot of crap nowadays. It's a shame considering that they were the golden boy for Sony during the PS1 and 2 days.
Thank god they acquired some Western studios bc if they only had their Japanese developers to fall back on, they'd be hitting bankruptcy. Who'd ever thought that among Square-Enix' best games would be the likes of Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider?

Capcom. Great as a developers.....absolutely suck as a publisher

They were reliable as a publisher

Before the days of the current gen of consoles

I wouldn't even say they're a good developer. What was the last truly great game they made? Street Fighter IV?

Should DmC4 count? I really like that game

I think MvC3, SFxTK (from the bit I did play of it), RE5 are all decent games and RE6 is shaping up to be a great title

Capcom really dropped the ball this generation, I think. The company has easily been the most exploitative with DLC and digital content, either ripping off players with on-disc content (RE5, Asura's Wrath, SFxT) or way, WAY overcharging for sub-par HD remakes and games (RE4/Code Veronica HD).

I look forward to RE6 and maybe Remember Me, but they've just been one big disappointment this gen.

Meanwhile on the Sega side of things... Valkyria Chronicles, the Yakuza series, Binary Domain and Condemned have all been really solid. Granted they sort of killed VC by bringing it to PSP, but they've certainly got my respect.

Yeah, if you ignore Sonic, Sega has been pretty good.

Capcom really dropped the ball this generation, I think. The company has easily been the most exploitative with DLC and digital content, either ripping off players with on-disc content (RE5, Asura's Wrath, SFxT) or way, WAY overcharging for sub-par HD remakes and games (RE4/Code Veronica HD).

I look forward to RE6 and maybe Remember Me, but they've just been one big disappointment this gen.
Thats the publishing side though. Those games are actually good and the developers deserve the credit. From the business end though, the guys in charge have no clue how to handle things and bring the company's reputation down as a result

Meanwhile on the Sega side of things... Valkyria Chronicles, the Yakuza series, Binary Domain and Condemned have all been really solid. Granted they sort of killed VC by bringing it to PSP, but they've certainly got my respect.
Ill give you Valkyria and Yakuza but BD and Condemned were subpar to me. Sega is very hit and miss and not an automatic slam dunk to me, like lets say Kojima, Naughty Dog or Sucker Punch

Yeah, if you ignore Sonic, Sega has been pretty good.
They gave us all those crappy Marvel solo titles

SEGA hasn't really wowed me since 2004.

The Dreamcast was an amazing console, but even after it failed, SEGA still continued to produce AAA titles, like Jet Set Radio Future, Virtua Fighter 4, House of the Dead 3, Panzer Dragoon Orta, the Sonic Advance series, Shenmue 2 (Okay that was originally a Dreamcast game, but it was only on XBox in the USA)

And along came Sonic Heroes.. it was an ..okay game.. I guess, but a real step-down from the Adventure series. It all went downhill after that, IMO.

As much as I love Sonic, I really wish SEGA would give him a break. I want them to get on the ball and make sequels to JSRF, Space Channel 5 and Shenmue.

Are those games just going to be regulated to cheap cameos forever? Putting Ryo in SEGA Racing was a nice nod to the fans, but still a huge tease. Come on, SEGA. just give us Shenmue 3 already.

I wish I had a PS3 so I could play Yakuza. I've heard good things about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"