Your ideas for game properties.

Fading

---
Reaction score
We all have those games we feel could be better, something with potential but game developers turn into crap. So, no matter what game property, even older ideas on things you no longer like, how would you do a game?

I'll start off with a game I don't care for, and have utterly no interest in. Pokemon, lol.

Ok, I'd make it online, MMO style. Since Pokemon has 4 attacks, assign each attack to a button (talking PS3 or 360 controls). Like attack 1 = x button, jump and strafe dodge could be the top buttons. You take the view point from behind the Pokemon. Holding down an attack charges it up, certain attacks will push or propel you, holding down the atk lets you aim. So you could aim down with a charge atk and propel yourself in the air for a quick escape. Tapping would shoot right in front of you. It would have tournaments, Legendary Pokemon as raid bosses. You could be Team Rocket or a trainer, as TR you get quests to steal pokemon. You could explore trails and catch pokemon, or do gym battles as a trainer.

A Pokémon MMORPG was a huge absence when both Pokémon and MMOs were popular. I'm still baffled as to why Nintendo dropped the ball there.

A Pokémon MMORPG was a huge absence when both Pokémon and MMOs were popular. I'm still baffled as to why Nintendo dropped the ball there.

At one point I played that back on gameboy, but I'm overall not a huge Pokemon fan. Just that it has a huge following, and potential, yet it's remained identicle to it's first outting just with better graphics.

The only mech anime I'm in to atm is Gundam, but when Zoids first came out I had a similar MMO idea. Basically you can fight in tournaments of 1-3 member teams, and use that $$ to upgrade your weapons, and buy better models. However Zoids is something I got over quick, so I'd switch that idea to Gundam. Since Gundam has had so many bad outings I'd like to see a good game. Same deal as above except replace tournaments with flat out war, and use cash to buy better weapons. Of course you'll need to pay for damaged parts. You could be military on Earth or Zeon/Zaft whatever side, or a merc taking jobs on both sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"