gamecube question.

juggster-rules

Civilian
Reaction score
is there a way you can make a gamecube game work on xbox ? some program on your computer or something like that can do it ? cause theres a game i like on gamecube and they only made it for gamecube and i dont want to buy the system just for one game.

Spidey-Bat said:
Yes. Gamecube games work on Xbox too :rolleyes:
do you have to buy some stupid chip and all that for it to work ? or just buy a gamecube game and thats it ?

lol he was being sarcastic man. you cant do such a thing.

wait is this an exclusive gamecube title or is it multiplatform? if its an exclusive no cant play it on a x box console. if its a multiplatformer an x box verison of the game should be available.

GoldenAgeHero said:
lol he was being sarcastic man. you cant do such a thing.

wait is this an exclusive gamecube title or is it multiplatform? if its an exclusive no cant play it on a x box console. if its a multiplatformer an x box verison of the game should be available.
the game i like is mariokart double dash. and i only have xbox. and i dont want to buy a system just for one game.

juggster-rules said:
the game i like is mariokart double dash. and i only have xbox. and i dont want to buy a system just for one game.

Get a Wii. That way you can play Mario Kart: Double Dash. The Gamecube is a great system that has tons of great games on it:

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

The Wii will also have great games for it too

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
+ more to come

Yeah. Just wait for a Wii. The GC titles alone make it worth it.

Have you been living under a rock for the past year?

to hard for you to use the search engine called google? and no you cannot play mario dash on an x box. thats a real dumb question.

juggster-rules said:
whats wii ?

Well for the person who's been living under a rock (or maybe a cave) for quite sometime. I'll explain it to you:

The Wii is Nintendo's new console just like Sony is going to release the Playstation 3 and Microsoft will release the Xbox 360. Graphically it is inferior to the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. It's only slightly superior to the Xbox in terms of graphics.

Nintendo Wii
Wii_at_E3_1.jpg

The Controller

However, what it lacks in graphics, it makes up in gameplay thanks to the Wii Remote (aka Wiimote). The Wiimote is an innovative way of playing games by using motion sensing techology. You want to play the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, swing the controller like it's a sword. You want to play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, aim the controller like it's a gun. You want to play Excite Truck, hold the controller sideways and move it around like you're driving a car. The Nintendo Wii can also use the Gamecube controller for when developers just want to make a game with normal gameplay, Super Smash Bros. Brawl for example, will be using the Gamecube controller instead of the Wiimote.

The Wii Remote
Wii_remote.jpg

The Wiimote also contains several expansions. The most commonly used will probally be the Nunchuk attachment. This attachment consists of an analog stick, two trigger buttons, and motion sensing technology. This attachment will be bundled with the Nintendo Wii console. The Classic Controller is another expansion that is to be used for traditional gameplay with games downloaded from Nintendo's Virtual Console system (see below). The Wii Zapper will be used for first person shooter games such as the new Duck Hunt game being developed

Nunchuk
Wiimote_nunchuk.jpg

Classic Controller
800px-Wii_classic_controller.jpg

Wii Zapper
800px-Wii_zapper.jpg

Connectivity

- The Nintendo Wii will have connectivity with the Nintendo DS, similar to what the Nintendo Gamecube had with the Game Boy Advance.

- Nintendo's lack of support for online gameplay was considered to be one of the reasons why the Nintendo Gamecube was considered to be a "failure." Unlike the Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo will be fully supporting online gameplay and content with the WiiConnect24 and the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This service will distribute software patches and updated content free of charge and will do so even when not in use. The Nintendo Wii will be constantly hooked up to the Internet. Another Internet service provided by Nintendo is the Virtual Console (see below)

Games

Confirmed Launch Titles
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of World War II (Ubi Soft), Call of Duty 3 (Activision), Elebits (Konami), Excite Truck (Nintendo), Far Cry: Vengeance (Ubi Soft), GT Pro Series (Ubi Soft), the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo), Madden NFL 2007 (Electronic Arts), Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Activision), Monster 4x4 World Circuit (Ubi Soft), Need for Speed: Carbon (Electronic Arts), Open Season (Ubi Soft), Prince of Persia (Ubi Soft), Rayman Raving Rabbids (Ubi Soft), Rapala Tournament Fishing (Activision), Red Steel (Ubi Soft), Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (Sega), Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Ubi Soft), Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (Activision), Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Atlus), Wii Sports (Nintendo), and World Series of Poker (Activision)
*note: the list isn't finalized and could expand to include other games or games might be delayed and be removed from the launch line-up

- Games for the Nintendo Wii are expected to cost around $50.00

- Another reason why the Nintendo Gamecube is considered a "failure," is that Nintendo lacked strong third party support for both the Nintendo 64 and Nintendo Gamecube systems. That is not the case with the Wii. Nintendo has restored its relationship with Square Enix. Nintendo has very healthy working relationships with Sega, Namco, and Capcom. Ubi Soft is in full support of the Wii. Electronic Arts, Midway, Activision, Lucasarts, and Konami have also pledged support for the Nintendo Wii.

- The Nintendo Wii is backwards compatable with all Nintendo Gamecube games, just like the Playstation 3 is backwards compatable with Playstation and Playstation 2 games. However, Nintendo has developed a new service called the Virtual Console. With the Virtual Console you can download games from previous systems such as the Nintendo Entertainment System, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, the Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, NEC TurboGrafx-16, arcades, and MSX. For $5.00 you can purchase a game from the Nintendo Entertainment System. For $8.00 you can purchase a game from the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. For $10.00 you can purchase a game for the Nintendo 64. The Virtual Console will also develop original games for download. No price has yet been set for Sega Genesis, NEC TurboGrafix-16, MSX, arcade, or original games yet.

Confirmed Virtual Console Launch Titles
Bonk's Adventure (Hudson Soft/NEC TurboGraphx-16), Castlevania (Konami/Nintendo Entertainment System), Duck Hunt (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), Excitebike (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), F-Zero (Nintendo/Super Nintendo Entertainment System), Kid Icarus (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), the Legend of Zelda (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo/Nintendo 64), Mario Kart 64 (Nintendo/Nintendo 64), Metroid (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), Mortal Kombat (Midway/Super Nintendo Entertainment System), New Adventure Island (NEC TurboGraphx-16), Ninja Gaiden (Tecmo/Nintendo Entertainment System), OutRun (Sega/arcade), Pac-Man (Namco/Nintendo Entertainment System), Prince of Persia (Broderbund/Nintendo Entertainment System), Punch-Out!! (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), R-Type (Irem/arcade), Rayman 2: The Great Escape (Ubi Soft/Nintendo 64), Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega/Sega Genesis), Star Fox (Nintendo/Super Nintendo Entertainment System), Super Mario 64 (Nintendo/Nintendo 64), Super Mario Bros (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), Super Mario Kart (Nintendo/Nintendo Entertainment System), Super Mario World (Nintendo/Super Nintendo Entertainment System), and Tecmo Bowl (Tecmo/Nintendo Entertainment System).
*note: this list isn't finalized and could expand to include more games

Pricing and Packaging

The Nintendo Wii is the cheapest of all three new generation systems at a price of $250.00. The package for the Nintendo Wii includes the main system, a Wiimote, a Nunchuk addition, a sensor bar (necessary to pick up the motions of the Wiimote), AV cable, AC adapter, a stand for both the console and sensor bar, auxilary plate, 2 AA batteries, and a copy of Wii Sports.

Thanks guys, my IQ just dropped 50 points because of this thread.

juggster-rules said:
oh please forgive me lord that i didnt know that there was going to be a new nintendo system coming out.
did you even know that Microsoft released a new XBOX (XB360) and that Sony's going to release a new playstation (PS3) cause if you did you might have heard fro the Wii (It was called the Revolution back then...) but to answer your question. In order to play a Gamecube game on an Xbox you must... buy a gamecube...

Doc_OCK_4MUGEN said:
did you even know that Microsoft released a new XBOX (XB360) and that Sony's going to release a new playstation (PS3) cause if you did you might have heard fro the Wii (It was called the Revolution back then...) but to answer your question. In order to play a Gamecube game on an Xbox you must... buy a gamecube...
yes i know theres 360 out and its great. and PS3 coming soon. i just havent herd anyone bringing up wii or any displays at the gamestor as well.

Weird cause... at most gamestores I've been they've been promoting the Wii and PS3 like crazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"