Gears or Halo 3?

lollycop

Sidekick
Reaction score
This is very alike to the other Halo vs Bioshock. But, what one did you like Story Mode wise. I love the multiplayer on Halo 3, and the story line on it is good, but I think that I had more fun playing Gears then Halo 3.

Story Mode:Gears Of War
Multiplayer:Halo 3

I preffer Halo 3 in every single way to Gears...the matchmaking in Gears wasnt all that great, and the storymode was too repetetive and short...

I preffer Halo 3 in every single way to Gears...the matchmaking in Gears wasnt all that great, and the storymode was too repetetive and short...

I agree with you in the last part. If Gears was longer it would've been WAAAAYYY funner.

But, I still like Halo 3 game wise better :huh:

Gears is more fun. It also looks a little better, but there's done technically with Halo. Neither had a superb campaign. Gears has better and more fun online. Both are fun, but neither are exceptional. I also got sick of both very quickly. But that's just me, I get sick of games really fast.

GoW was a warmup to Halo IMO. Not that it was a bad game, but Halo 3 is better is almost every aspect cept for the graphics.

Oh yea, and the innovations in Gears are more fun adn really add to the gameplay more than anything in Halo. The shields and forcefields in Halo are just a pain in the ass (i can't think of any other innovations in Halo 3), whereas stuff like the quick reload and the use of the A button in Gears were inguenius and really add to the fun of the game, making it flow so much better than most other games out there.

To me, comparing Halo 3 and Gears of War is like comparing Sonic and Mario (the Genesis and SNES days). I love both in their own ways and I really can't choose one above the other.

The only way one definitely wins out is because of the story, and Halo has that more than covered. But that's the real only way Halo wins for me.

Other than that, they're tied.

"Halo 3" is a better game than "Gears of War". "Gears of War" is an awesome game in it's own right, but it terms of length, scale of battles, Halo's gameplay stucture and level design, and even characters, Halo 3 wins.

Of course, "Gears of War" gets a nod for forcing you to fight in a more realistic way (not running in circles jumping around) but Halo is just better.

I've only played one level of Halo 3, but since that was about as long as the entire game of Gears of War, I feel like I can make a decent comparison. Halo 3 is better in pretty much every way. The story in Gears is barely present, and whats there is a mess, the gameplay is awful, I don't care what anybody says, the voice acting is a mess, etc. The best thing about Gears was the little art book I got with it.

Gears of War was quite an achievement. It may have not done anything new or deep in gameplay terms, but what it did, it did incredibly well. It's rare to see a game with such a fine layer of polish, and the campaign, while short, was a non-stop thrill.

The game was an overrated, 4 hour tour of mediocrity. What was so polished about it? The graphics? Thats the only thing noteworthy about it. The story was bad, the gameplay wasn't great, the soundtrack wasn't memorable, and so on.

The game was an overrated, 4 hour tour of mediocrity. What was so polished about it? The graphics? Thats the only thing noteworthy about it. The story was bad, the gameplay wasn't great, the soundtrack wasn't memorable, and so on.

Mediocrity? Maybe if the AI sucked and the game took your controller input as a mere suggestion or something. But Gears at the very least was an intense shooter with great A.I. and a bucket-full of memorable moments.

The fact that the amazing graphics, great physics and appropriate sound effects were the wrapping paper doesn't hurt.

And while the story didn't have much to do with the game, the premise at least made it a better game than it would have been.

The AI was great? They just got shot. They'd take cover, but you'd still have a piece of them exposed for you to shoot, and you'd shoot them, and instead of moving, they'd just sit there and die. And that's if they bothered to stay in cover and not just leap over and charge at you. And then there's that Dom idiot, who just loved to dive into a clump of flesh eating crows, or run right into a berserker/general raam.

I'll admit that Dom had a desire to get into fist-fights with the game bosses, but the enemies behaved as good as any shooter enemy you'll see. Even more-so when you consider that they actually co-operated and would come after you from several angles when the environment allowed it.

I think the Arbiter might have a lower A-IQ than Dom, but at least he respawns...

For story and multiplayer, I have to go with Halo 3. But graphics? Gears of War looks way better.

Gears of War was quite an achievement. It may have not done anything new or deep in gameplay terms, but what it did, it did incredibly well. It's rare to see a game with such a fine layer of polish, and the campaign, while short, was a non-stop thrill.

100% Agree. Gears rocked.

Both games rock....

Gears is most definitely more innovative than Halo. Both games are Epic on scale...both games have great musical scores...Gears is more polished as a whole and has better production values...Halo has a better storyline...
Halo 3 isnt a defining FPS...Gears IS a defining shooter PERIOD. Is it better?? I cant choose!!!

Hmmm....Can I just choose 'Mass Effect'???

I never really bought into Halo, so I have to go with Gears.

You probably missed all the times where I've said that I like Halo 1. (had Halo CE), and the post I made in one of the numerous Halo threads saying, from what I played of Halo 3 (2 hours), it's great, I have also said "Halo 3 deserves every sale it gets".

Though such comments are few and far between, being beseiged by Xbox fanboys tends to supress my openess to comment about such things when really good games like Resistance got trashed for no reason.

Oh and Gears sucks, I got to play it all over a weekend thing, and it le sucks, in fact I've been wavering on Uncharted a lot because is seems to take a lot of influence from gears, bleh. Honestly, I might skip Uncharted and wait for Jak IV.

Well ok gears doesn't suck, it's just decently above average with great graphics, nothing more.

For me, Gears was a very refreshing and new game. It was a nice experience, and I could play the campaign fror hours on end. However, the Halo 3 wins very very very much in the multiplayer, which in the long run is all that matters.

Who cares if the singleplayer is mindblowing. You can't sit there and play the campaign over and over and over again for MONTHS if not YEARS like you could with Halo2's multiplayer, and now Halo3's.

Halo3 wins, again.

"Halo 3" is a better game than "Gears of War". "Gears of War" is an awesome game in it's own right, but it terms of length, scale of battles, Halo's gameplay stucture and level design, and even characters, Halo 3 wins.

Of course, "Gears of War" gets a nod for forcing you to fight in a more realistic way (not running in circles jumping around) but Halo is just better.

Agree on everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95