Gears or Halo 3?

But even still, some PS3 users are clinging to UT3 even though their version has less maps "out of the box" than are on the PC, and that's coming out on the 360...

If Killzone 2 gets more praise on the PS3 than the upcoming Riddick game, you know PS fans have no idea of what a good shooter is.

Resistance is a fun shooter, but the problem is that there isnt much on the platform as far as action games, and it gets more praise than it should. Its a solid 8.5/10, but seeing as nothing else is on the PS3 right now, its more of a 9.5/10 in our eyes.

I guess technically you have The Orange Box now... so that should raise some standards, even though I feel Half-Life 2 was an amazing disappointment.

Edit: Nevermind. Orange Box isn't out yet for PS3.

Yeah, I know. I got it on 360 because PS3 was delayed. Scratch another for the PS3.

Half Life 2 a disappointment? I have never played a more complete shooter in my life!

Oh, the Half-Life 2 you played was a shooter? For some reason I got a version that's a buggy-driving game.

Wow...
But that does help me understand you better WHF.

But even still, some PS3 users are clinging to UT3 even though their version has less maps "out of the box" than are on the PC, and that's coming out on the 360...

If Killzone 2 gets more praise on the PS3 than the upcoming Riddick game, you know PS fans have no idea of what a good shooter is.
well you should wait until you played those two until yhou start judging people. killzone 2 looks pretty damn sick so far hopefully it lives up to the hype

well you should wait until you played those two until yhou start judging people. killzone 2 looks pretty damn sick so far hopefully it lives up to the hype

There were many people who also thought "Killzone 1" looked sick.

I much prefer Halo's non limiting style of play.

The restriction of what I could not do in Gears pissed me off.
It just felt too on-rails.

Halo 3 is quality.

How did it feel "on rails" any more than Halo? Because there's not a "jump" button?

How did it feel "on rails" any more than Halo? Because there's not a "jump" button?
I don't like it when a game won't let you jump. It's not a big deal but it's still alittle wierd.

There were many people who also thought "Killzone 1" looked sick.

well theres still people who are thinking this one can right the wrongs of the first one and be the first huge ps3 game so still we should just wait and see.

With a game like Killzone, where so much was promised and it fell so short, I always have a "see it to beleive it" mind set when it comes to the sequel especially when its more of the same hype surrounding it.

Unless Guerrilla has been massively rehauled and most of the Killzone team was fired, I really doubt Killzone 2 will be much better than Killzone 1.

That's funny and true all at the same time.

I'm surprised Sony actually purchased Guerrilla simply because they were making a shooter. I know they were desperate for a Halo, but they really should have taken a closer look at that company than they seemed to. Also... a smarter idea still would have been to just contract an actually talented FPS studio like Epic or Valve to make a "Halo Killer".

Not a team whose only game was "Candy Fluffy" on the Gameboy Advance and a crappy Vietnam game in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"