Gears or Halo 3?

Though such comments are few and far between, being beseiged by Xbox fanboys tends to supress my openess to comment about such things when really good games like Resistance got trashed for no reason.

Oh and Gears sucks, I got to play it all over a weekend thing, and it le sucks, in fact I've been wavering on Uncharted a lot because is seems to take a lot of influence from gears, bleh. Honestly, I might skip Uncharted and wait for Jak IV.

Well ok gears doesn't suck, it's just decently above average with great graphics, nothing more.

Resistance is terrible. Gears is awesome. And you're a bone head. The only reason resistance got any attention at all was because it was one of the first games you could get for the PS3. It was just another FPS at best, and a terribly ugly, nothing new launch title that thinks it's something special at worst.

When you set out to "kill" this.

halo-3-20070711001713324.jpg

halo-3-20070705005846973.jpg

halo-3-20070923023521881.jpg

And end up with this

resistance-fall-of-man-20061019114906745.jpg

You've lost. Dull brown ugly washed out looking graphics. Same old ho-hum shooter. Brings nothing knew to the table. And when you set out to steal the thunder of another game you should at least steal the awesome use of vehicles. What I really don't get is why they're coming out with a Kill Zone 2. Kill Zone 1 sucked. There's a reason we haven't seen a Superman 64 2.

When Are We Going To Play Halo 3 Together!!!!! Drop Out Of School Already!!! Get Your Priorities Straight!!!

I'm planning on a quick, easy and extremely dangerous way to make a lot of money so I won't have to be in school (or work) much longer. I just need a large-scale explosive, a truck, and courage.

When Are We Going To Play Halo 3 Together!!!!! Drop Out Of School Already!!! Get Your Priorities Straight!!!

I'll be up and running tomorrow for the most part of the day and night. Then I gotta work Friday, Sat, and Sun. Then off Mon and Tues.

god im sick of all these halo 3 threads...

with that being said halo 3 > gears of war

i still LOVE gears though but the storyline was flawed. actually there wasnt even really a story but the levels were still very fun.

and i have resistance its no where close to being as good as these 2. in fact i dont even like it its boring, and the story is horrible.

I also don't understand the Resistance love when there are better shooters on the platform ("The Darkness").

I also don't understand the Resistance love when there are better shooters on the platform ("The Darkness").

Heck, I'd even take Rainbow Six and F.E.A.R over Resistance.

Now let's not go too far here (F.E.A.R. with one environment and one enemy over and over again) although I will give you Rainbow Six Vegas.

Now let's not go too far here (F.E.A.R. with one environment and one enemy over and over again) although I will give you Rainbow Six Vegas.

There's more than one enemy in F.E.A.R :dry:

I'll have to actually get around to playing Resistance one of these days so I actually know what in the world I'm talking about. But the reviews were pretty crappy so I have to assume it's a crappy game.

Still, F.E.A.R. was a bit of an underwhelmer. Especially taking Monolith's track record into account. :(

Still, F.E.A.R. was a bit of an underwhelmer. Especially taking Monolith's track record into account. :(

They really should get their s**t in gear and start making more NOLF games.

I appreciated NOLF, but then when they switched over to JACK I just didn't understand what they were trying to do. However, their Aliens vs. Predator game was terrific, and Condemned was an odd kind of joy.

But you're right. Their best work was definitely NOLF. Even if there were endless and meaningless cutscenes (I really couldn't bear to watch them after a while).

I'll be up and running tomorrow for the most part of the day and night. Then I gotta work Friday, Sat, and Sun. Then off Mon and Tues.

We have the same exact work hours. I'm off this weekend Friday, Sat, and Sun. Then I work Mon, Tue, and then I'm off Wed, Thur, and then work the weekend.

Well, the same just reversed.

It's still better than Resistance. Slow-mo bullet time FTW :o
I'm sure once Kill Zone 2 is here it will be the "Halo killer" they're wanting it to be, and said the first would be.

I'm sure once Kill Zone 2 is here it will be the "Halo killer" they're wanting it to be, and said the first would be.

The motto of Guerrilla Games "If at first you don't succeed, try try again...even if there isn't a chance in hell you'll ever succeed". :o

The motto of Guerrilla Games "If at first you don't succeed, try try again...even if there isn't a chance in hell you'll ever succeed". :o
Oh, I thought their motto was "make the reloads take forever and hopefully they won't notice the crappy level design". :ninja:

You probably missed all the times where I've said that I like Halo 1. (had Halo CE), and the post I made in one of the numerous Halo threads saying, from what I played of Halo 3 (2 hours), it's great, I have also said "Halo 3 deserves every sale it gets".

Though such comments are few and far between, being beseiged by Xbox fanboys tends to supress my openess to comment about such things when really good games like Resistance got trashed for no reason.

Oh and Gears sucks, I got to play it all over a weekend thing, and it le sucks, in fact I've been wavering on Uncharted a lot because is seems to take a lot of influence from gears, bleh. Honestly, I might skip Uncharted and wait for Jak IV.

Well ok gears doesn't suck, it's just decently above average with great graphics, nothing more.
Haha, we beseiged you? :huh:

Well not alone. But together we all joined forces and beseiged her. I'm sure I could organizing a beseiging party for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"