General DC figure discussion thread

ThDWgeek

Civilian
Reaction score
Seeing as there's one for all sorts of different Marvel figures, I thought why not make one for DC merch. Y'know, news, what one's are you favourites, what ones you wish you could get, news, updates, that sort of thing. To get the ball rolling, what do people think of the images of the Man of Steel Movie Masters figures?

manofsteelmoviemasters.jpg

manofsteelmoviemasterszod.jpg

manofsteelmoviemastersjorel.jpg

(Source: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/01/31/man-of-steel-toys-images/ )

I'm liking the look of the Superman figure, but i'm gonna wait until I see some photos of the released figures, as I've seen some real differences in the prototypes and released figures from Mattel. Also, I'm hoping that there are more supporting characters released, with Lois Lane being a bare minimum.

But yeah, let's talk about DC figures in all their shapes and sizes.

Last edited:
I'm kinda upset Mattel abadon DC universe classics and made it harder to get the figures by making them online exclusives.I also never understood why they didn't continue with the Batman exclusive. I would still like a Hush, Black Mask,Scarface and that Poison Ivy they released.

showing red X's there geek.

That 6" Superman looks pretty good. I didn't bother with the DKR movie line cuz I thought the figures looked like crap. These look like a big step up at least. As far as the fall of DCUC, we now have the DC Unlimited line in stores. So far they look pretty good. DCUC was just putting out lousy wave after lousy wave at the end there, pretty much all peg warmers. At least now they can put out all the new 52 figs.. And the Batman Unlimited line, having no boundaries whatsoever as far as character distribution between the comics, games and movies should be awesome.

showing red X's there geek.

I tried fixing it. Are the pictures visible?

That 6" Superman looks pretty good. I didn't bother with the DKR movie line cuz I thought the figures looked like crap. These look like a big step up at least. As far as the fall of DCUC, we now have the DC Unlimited line in stores. So far they look pretty good. DCUC was just putting out lousy wave after lousy wave at the end there, pretty much all peg warmers. At least now they can put out all the new 52 figs.. And the Batman Unlimited line, having no boundaries whatsoever as far as character distribution between the comics, games and movies should be awesome.

I hope that any of these are more easily available in my area than other DC stuff. I never saw any DCUC figures in my local shops; the only time I saw them at a retail location was in a large comic shop 3 hours away in London. I'm not too sure why either, as the kid-oriented Batman lines seem to be pretty easily available.

Last edited:
I'll be getting those Man of Steel figures. And I must get my hands on the DC Direct New 52 figures.

The armor on the Jor-El M.o.S. figure looks kind of like New 52 Aquaman armor.

I really like the figures over all but I have two small gripes.

I think they should have included ab articulation. (mattel being cheap)

I also think they shoukd have had at least one hand open so the figure can grip things.

I certainly want the Superman figure.

Huh, I hadn't noticed that about the hands before. But yeah, it seems odd that they've all got closed fists.

At least some of the Movie Masters figures for the 1966 Batman show have been revealed at USA Today and Entertainment Earth.

mattelbatman661.jpg

mattelbatman662.jpg

mattelbatman663.jpg

I think the Penguin is probably the best looking figure of the bunch, but the Riddler comes a pretty close second. While I like the cloth cape on Batman, I think the connection could have looked better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"