• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why premier the trailer trailer for these folks? In this venue? I had it on 30 minutes, couldn't stand it, just set it to record whenever it comes on.

I remember last year someone posting the trailer they premiered for TFA during football didn't get 1/4 of the views it did online and elsewhere. That's why this Olympic cross-promotion makes no sense if that was true. People don't watch trailers during sporting events, even the Superbowl isn't a good venue for that anymore, they are using dated marketing strategies. This is painful to sit through if you don't give a damn about sports.
You are basically upset because you don't enjoy sports. Why are you applying your dislike for the Olympics to the general public of the United States? Also I feel like it is fairly obvious. Geeks will seek out the trailer. Though watching the Olympics may or may not. But you will definitely be reaching people who don't really care if the trailer is coming out.

It wont be as late as 11... well before actually. probably within the next half hour I'd say. Phelps has an event after his BIG event with Lochte and viewers will teeter off as 11 gets closer.

id even say in the next 10-15 minutes
Phelps and Women's Gymnastics tonight. People will stick around.

How dare Disney make me watch the Olympics!

#FirstWorldNerdProblems

:o

Phelps and Women's Gymnastics tonight. People will stick around.

Yea sure, but the most viewers will be right around now.. .and obviously phelps is about to be on given the big video they just played....

Ahemmmmm

You are basically upset because you don't enjoy sports.

Yes. No need to explain much further than I enjoy playing some sports, but watching sports has always been as boring as watching freight unload and load up for 2-4 hours. It ain't for me.

The torture the Mouse puts us through. I don't know why we take it. :csad:

tumblr_n72yd5He121rw4lpvo1_500_zps6a2ddd8f.gif

Yea sure, but the most viewers will be right around now.. .and obviously phelps is about to be on given the big video they just played....

Ahemmmmm
Reek just wants to be right. :o

Yes. No need to explain much further than I enjoy playing some sports, but watching sports has always been as boring as watching freight unload and load up for 2-4 hours. It ain't for me.

OK, and your point is what exactly? That they shouldn't because you don't like sports? You're seeing this trailer either way, the Olympics are a big event that many watch and this is to reach people who won't be seeking it out.

This reminds me of the superbowl last year, haha. Happy I didn't wait on baited breath. This time went by fast, feel sorry for those who are/did waiting out the clock. Remember that. HATED that.

Which is fine. I am personally here watching a team fencing final on my DVR. But like it or not, nothing is being watched more tonight in the US then the Olympics. That is why it is on here.

This reminds me of the superbowl last year, haha.
You mean Monday Night Football or that weird thing where someone here promised some sort of BvS footage at the Superbowl beyond the airline commercials?

[YT]y0Y7ScfaVHs[/YT]

You mean Monday Night Football or that weird thing where someone here promised some sort of BvS footage at the Superbowl beyond the airline commercials?

Last year The Force Awakens superbowl, TV Spot and tickets. Unless it wasn't the Superbowl... I'm sports illiterate. Everyone yelling for it to get to half time, I believe.

It's a sad statement they underwhelm a Star Wars Convention because this trailer wasn't there, but it pops up on a sports co-promotion a couple weeks later. I'm still salty they did that at Celebration, to have it pop up whenever tonight with no fanfare. This was barely promoted being on tonight.

Last year The Force Awakens superbowl, TV Spot and tickets. Unless it wasn't the Superbowl... I'm sports illiterate. Everyone yelling for it to get to half time, I believe.
The Superbowl is in February. That was Monday Night Football in October. I was going to watch the game anyways, so while I was waiting impatiently, I was fine.

It's a sad statement they underwhelm a Star Wars Convention because this trailer wasn't there, but it pops up on a sports co-promotion a couple weeks later. I'm still salty they did that at Celebration, to have it pop up whenever tonight with no fanfare. This was barely promoted being on tonight.

Its the freaking olympics. they couldnt ask for a better time to play it minus the superbowl..

calm yourself :funny:

It was Monday Night Football not the super bowl btw.

Celebration got its own trailer and a production video.

Which is why Twitter is on fire. No one knows it is coming on. :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"