Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 6

LOL these tend to usually be more sarcastic and cynical, but in this case it's flipped, since how it should have ended becomes- Everyone Lives! and it's quite joyful to watch! :woot::yay:

Jump to - https://youtu.be/RjR71XpAu0I?t=213
[YT]RjR71XpAu0I[/YT]

Last edited:
There HAS to be a way to bring K2 into the newer Episodes!
We didn't see him for quite awhile, his programming could have easily been uploaded into the systems with the Death Star plans when they uploaded to the Rebels!
He can EASILY brought back! It kills me he was the best character and can't be used again. Can you imagine the banter between Cp3o and K2?! lol

Wanted to say i loved the movie to bits. To me it felt more of a war film - the Rebellion vs the Galactic Empire. ☺

We didn't see him for quite awhile, his programming could have easily been uploaded into the systems with the Death Star plans when they uploaded to the Rebels!
He can EASILY brought back! It kills me he was the best character and can't be used again. Can you imagine the banter between Cp3o and K2?! lol

It would be great to see him again. I also really liked Cassian and Chirrut, but
K2 is the only one with a slight possibility of coming back.

It would be great to see him again. I also really liked Cassian and Chirrut, but
K2 is the only one with a slight possibility of coming back.

Ooooh. I like this a lot. K2 is one of my fave droids next to R2 and a few others you see in the Clone Wars series, especially the LEP servant droids...that have the rabbit like ears. they are so cute. Point of No Return is my favorite episode of Season V.

That droid K2 got the map from, maybe it downloaded some of K's personality/programming. K does seem to stumble afterwards as if something was taken out of him. Could be a way of bringing him back if they wanted too.

That droid K2 got the map from, maybe it downloaded some of K's personality/programming. K does seem to stumble afterwards as if something was taken out of him. Could be a way of bringing him back if they wanted too.

Downloading K2SO's personality and getting it out of Scarif is out of the scope of Star Wars technology. I don't think anything from the Scarif base would have made it out of there. They had a hard enough time transmitting the death star plans by tape.

K2SO's "personality" is just a program so I think a version of him could come back.

Downloading K2SO's personality and getting it out of Scarif is out of the scope of Star Wars technology. I don't think anything from the Scarif base would have made it out of there. They had a hard enough time transmitting the death star plans by tape.

K2SO's "personality" is just a program so I think a version of him could come back.

True, personally i don't think anyone from RO will be back. But if they want to, K2 would be the only one they could.

John Knoll "Tinkering" With a New 'Star Wars' Story Idea
Carolyn Giardina said:
Industrial Light & Magic’s John Knoll, who served as visual effects supervisor on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, also conceived the film's original story — and now he's at it again, telling The Hollywood Reporter that he’s “tinkering” with another Star Wars-related idea.

“I have another idea I’ve been tinkering with,” he said after participating on a Rogue One Super Session during the National Association of Broadcasters Show. “It’s maybe 75 percent there. I haven’t pitched it to [Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy]. It’s another Star Wars thing.”

Upcoming Star Wars films already in the works include Star Wars: The Last Jedi, opening in December; a Han Solo movie in 2018; Star Wars: Episode IX in 2019; and an untitled anthology film planned for 2020. “There’s no reason to think Disney is going to stop wanting to make Star Wars movies if there’s quality and there’s interest,” Knoll reasoned. “It has unlimited potential. It has a huge number of characters, worlds … It’s a massive playground.”

At NAB, Knoll presented a look back at the work on last year's Rogue One before a packed auditorium of wildly enthusiastic fans, alongside ILM animation supervisor Hal Hickel, who described the making of the digital version of Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin of the 1977-Star Wars era; and Matthew Wood, supervising sound editor and sound design at Skywalker Sound, who discussed critical sounds include those of environments and weapons. The session was presented by Motion Picture Sound Editors and NAB (THR’s Carolyn Giardina moderated).

On the subject of creating a digital human, Knoll said,“It’s definitely an issue if the actor has passed away without stating any intention or desire about how his or her likeness should be dealt with. Then it falls to their estate. That’s a problem that will start solving itself. Now the technology exists and actors are aware of this and can make their wishes known. For instance. Robin Williams included this in his will.”

Knoll also pointed out that the uses can vary — for instance a likeness to pitch a product in a commercial is different compared with the appearance of the character Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One. “He was an important character to tell the story. There wasn’t a good way to tell the political intrigue without including Tarkin. We also knew Cushing. He was a friend to Lucasfilm and was proud of his involvement with Star Wars.”

With extensive use of behind-the-scene clips, Knoll discussed topics including virtual production and the use of LED panels as a lighting instrument. Of the latter, he said. “You can prepare the images in advance and then light the characters. I think it’s going to be an important part of the toolset.”

Interesting, liked RO a lot so it will be interesting to see what his idea is for the next one.

I'm sure it involves bringing another character back.

Red Letter Media just released a commentary track for Rogue One on their website.

I'm sure most have done it with their dvds, to see how it all holds up visually and thematically.
If you haven't or want to scrutinize it again, here (without the title and opening crawl) is a nice, conveniently put together transition from R1 to ANH.

Enjoy - Vader following the trail of the DS plans.
[YT]T8XwL0syIZ8[/YT]

Last edited:
I'm sure most have done it with their dvds, to see how it all holds up visually and thematically.
If you haven't or want to scrutinize it again, here (without the title and opening crawl) is a nice, conveniently put together transition from R1 to ANH.

Enjoy - Vader following the trail of the DS plans.
[YT]T8XwL0syIZ8[/YT]

haha that's neat

I'm a bit late, but I have to say I love Rogue One, it's probably my second favorite Star Wars, just behind the 1977 movie. I grew up playing the Rogue Squadron and Empire at War games, and I thought Rogue One really captures everything I love about those (and the '77 movie), more so than any other Star Wars movie has been able to do to date. It captures the fun adventure with gritty and serious undertones, it nails the retro tech and iconic ship designs, it creates cool characters that I want to see more of, and it focuses on the mission while having just enough of the mysticism of The Force to wet our appetite. I really, really hope we get more Star Wars movies like this in the future, but sadly my excitement has been killed until at least the 2020 spin-off film.

I fully expect to see more K2 in the future. Even if it's not the K-2SO we saw in Rogue One, I would not at all be surprised if they introduce another reprogrammed droid of the same model that just happens to act and sound the same. K-3SO, or something, lol. Just give it another decade or so.

I heard Rahm Kota was almost in Rogue One. Would have been pretty neat.

Ive rewatched Rogue One and noticed a few things such as this

the blilnd guy Chirret is pretty much Force senstive a little bit. since he did sense/detect Jyn's crystal necklace

http://collider.com/rogue-one-reshoots-details-tony-gilroy/

I’ve never been interested in Star Wars, ever. So I had no reverence for it whatsoever. I was unafraid about that. And they were in such a swamp … they were in so much terrible, terrible trouble that all you could do was improve their position.

I came in after the director’s cut. I have a screenplay credit in the arbitration that was easily won.

If you look at Rogue, all the difficulty with Rogue, all the confusion of it, and all the smart people and all the mess, and in the end when you get in there, it’s actually very, very simple to solve. Because you sort of go, this is a movie where, ‘Folks, just look. Everyone is going to die.’ So it’s a movie about sacrifice.

On working on another SW movie:
It doesn’t appeal to me, but I don’t think Rogue really is a Star Wars movie in many ways. To me, it’s a Battle of Britain movie.

"I'm the genius auteur who was better than this franchise and I came in and saved it" is the vibe I'm getting.

Tony Gilroy has a reputation for being a dick. I recall Greengrass and Damon had some trouble with him on the Bourne movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"