Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rogue One IMAX tv spot:

[YT]axebIgoIieQ[/YT]

@DanielRPK:

(2:34 p.m.) Just came out from a screening of Rogue One. Probably the best Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back.

(2:37 p.m.) There are so many worlds in this movie. The Star Wars universe finally doesn't feel small. And the action is huge, HUGE!

latest

Awwww sh**. My body is now most definitely ready!

@DanielRPK:

(2:34 p.m.) Just came out from a screening of Rogue One. Probably the best Star Wars film since Empire Strikes Back.

(2:37 p.m.) There are so many worlds in this movie. The Star Wars universe finally doesn't feel small. And the action is huge, HUGE!

latest
Twitter reaction is always dependable. :o

Come on people. :funny:

Twitter reaction is always dependable. :o

Come on people. :funny:

I'm aware of that, but that kind of praise is something to take note of. Especially the comparison to ESB. Just saying, it's a good start.

I'm aware of that, but that kind of praise is something to take note of. Especially the comparison to ESB. Just saying, it's a good start.
No its not, because it is early twitter reaction. The worst thing to gauge a film by. If it was true, BvS would be the greatest comic book film of all time. How did that work out again?

Tuesday is when you should start checking the social media feeds.

Yeah I’d wait truly until next week. Early twitter responses, though exciting are not usually indicative one way or another how a film is going to be. The ironic thing is Empire is known for smaller action and a more focused character story with few planets in it, and he says the best part is the action/planet hopping.

But I’m going to try to hold off on any reactions until Tuesday with the embargo dropping. But we do live in exciting times.

Yeah I’d wait truly until next week. Early twitter responses, though exciting are not usually indicative one way or another how a film is going to be. The ironic thing is Empire is known for smaller action and a more focused character story with few planets in it, and he says the best part is the action/planet hopping.

But I’m going to try to hold off on any reactions until Tuesday with the embargo dropping. But we do live in exciting times.
6 planets in "Rogue One".

6 planets in "The Force Awakens".

3 planets in "The Empire Strikes Back".

Last edited:
I believe the premiere is tomorrow, so there probably are going to be reaction and even spoilers tomorrow.
You can't always trust those reactions either. Do you really think people at the premiere will give you their most honest, even-tempered reactions?

You can't always trust those reactions either. Do you really think people at the premiere will give you their most honest, even-tempered reactions?
No, I agree. I say premiere crowds are the worst because of the environment they see the movie in. But I do think we will be reaction and spoilers tomorrow.

Weren't people also saying TFA was the best SW movie since Empire?

Somebody's probably said that about every SW movie that's come out since the original trilogy.

You guys are right. Actually there's often an inverse law that applies to early Twitter reactions.

That said, I'm staying optimistic.

Somebody's probably said that about every SW movie that's come out since the original trilogy.
Too be fair, that was true. :atp:

They have. I remember hearing that about every single one since.

You guys are right. Actually there's often an inverse law that applies to early Twitter reactions.

That said, I'm staying optimistic.

Nothing wrong with that, I think we all are.

Too be fair, that was true. :atp:

Agreed for me at least it's the best after ESB and right up there with it for my taste.

As for the clips of the score I love the sound especially that second one.

6 planets in Rogue One?

Wait... so we have Jedha, Scarrif, Yavin and possibly Grange (Galen and Lyra's home planet, revealed in Catalyst, although I am still in the first part of the book). What am I missing?

6 planets in Rogue One?

Wait... so we have Jedha, Scarrif, Yavin and possibly Grange (Galen and Lyra's home planet, revealed in Catalyst, although I am still in the first part of the book). What am I missing?
Yavin, Jedha, Scarif, Eadu (the planet with the night attack with the X-wings), Lah'mu (little Jyn's home), and Wobani (Where Jyn is being kept prisoner).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"