Comics Generation X Appreciation Thread

The Monet thing is confusing Monets mother was Algerian and her father an Ambassador is from Monaco. Monet was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia (which Larry Hama added). He also added that Monet is a citizen of Algeria, Bosnia, and France with passports from all three even though orginally Lobdell had Monet being from Morocco I believe.

Either Hama doesn't know geography, made a typo or just ignored it I'm not sure.

What happened to Mondo is he dead or in comic limbo?
I assume a good majority of the confusion comes from him confusing Monaco and Morocco.

I always get a little miffed whenever comic writers force a relationship down readers' throats because both characters happen to be of the same race or color. Storm was in the middle of dating Wolverine when she suddenly remembered that she fell in love with T'Challa back when she was 12, and decided that was a good foundation to build a sudden and unexpected marriage from. And wasn't Synch dating Jubilee when he suddenly started looking at Monet? Hellion was dating Wind Dancer when she suddenly left the school off-panel, and X-23 went all "River Deep Mountain High" and became his puppy.

I pray that no future writer ever decides that Luke Cage & Iron Fist should do a wife swap.

I never get this. So should black people NOT hook up in the Marvel universe without being considered forced because of skin color? Synch and M actually felt pretty natural to me, and no, he and Jubilee wasn't dating. She liked him but he never really showed any interest I don't think besides just the basic friendliness. He showed mild interest in Monet from the early days of Gen X.

Storm and Black Panther was a little forced, though she wasn't dating Wolverine. Wolverine and Nightcrawler both liked her and she ended up chosing Black Panther over both of them. But yeah, it did feel a little forced.

I have no problem with two black characters hooking up. I'm just really bitter about Storm and T'Challa, because I still don't believe their relationship will last.

Of course not. Spidey and MJ didn't last. Cyclops and Jean's didn't last. Human Torch and Alicia didn't last.

With the exception of Reed and Sue (and I'm not even convinced on that one these days) no marraige will last because Marvel apparently thinks it holds a character back. I'm waiting on Luke and Jessica to split now over this whole she had a crush on Peter back in the day.

Their relationship is an invention of Bendis', and Bendis is currently the only writer using them (save for the occasional cameo in Immortal Iron Fist). I think Luke & Jessica will probably stay together for as long as Bendis is writing them.

I always get a little miffed whenever comic writers force a relationship down readers' throats because both characters happen to be of the same race or color. Storm was in the middle of dating Wolverine when she suddenly remembered that she fell in love with T'Challa back when she was 12, and decided that was a good foundation to build a sudden and unexpected marriage from. And wasn't Synch dating Jubilee when he suddenly started looking at Monet? Hellion was dating Wind Dancer when she suddenly left the school off-panel, and X-23 went all "River Deep Mountain High" and became his puppy.

I pray that no future writer ever decides that Luke Cage & Iron Fist should do a wife swap.
Jubilee and Synch never dated. She crushed on him but he never showed any interest

i just posted this in the XFACTOR thread, but this is probably a better place for it.
so i read up on Monet, and i have a question.

the Monet we have now was what was once Penance.....

and the St Croix twins that posed as Monet, are now back to who they are/should be. but where are they? are the st croix twins still off at college or what?

and also wikipedia didnt specify what their powers were. when they posed as Monet, did they actually have all of her powers too? if so, can they replicate everyone's powers?

i just posted this in the XFACTOR thread, but this is probably a better place for it.
so i read up on Monet, and i have a question.

the Monet we have now was what was once Penance.....

and the St Croix twins that posed as Monet, are now back to who they are/should be. but where are they? are the st croix twins still off at college or what?

and also wikipedia didnt specify what their powers were. when they posed as Monet, did they actually have all of her powers too? if so, can they replicate everyone's powers?
I dont think it was mentioned what happened with the M twins after Gen X. They are presumably away in Africa with their father

They perfectly replicated M, down to her personality and powers. When the real M emerged, there was no difference in the way she was written and it was a way to fix the mess that was created with her character. I dont beleive they can replicate any power. It was just specific to M, presumably bc of the DNA connection they share

I never get this. So should black people NOT hook up in the Marvel universe without being considered forced because of skin color? Synch and M actually felt pretty natural to me, and no, he and Jubilee wasn't dating. She liked him but he never really showed any interest I don't think besides just the basic friendliness. He showed mild interest in Monet from the early days of Gen X.

Storm and Black Panther was a little forced, though she wasn't dating Wolverine. Wolverine and Nightcrawler both liked her and she ended up chosing Black Panther over both of them. But yeah, it did feel a little forced.

The problem isn't two black characters hooking up, it's how natural the writers make it feel. I mean, I would've bought Storm hooking up with Bishop better than Black Panther. At least they spent a lot of time together.

As for M, I had forgotten about the whole twin sister thing. I'll have to go look that up.

Did anybody else find Angel/Hust creepy? He just feels WAY too old for her(even though the way comic characters are done it's probably only like a 4 year age difference or so).

Warren was in his late 20s to early 30s while Husk was about 18-19. Not illegal, but the cradle was being robbed a bit.

I didnt find the age thing to be a bother bc I actually thought he and M could have been good when she was briefly with the team and she's younger than Paige. Problem was that Austen changed Paige and had her acting immaturely compared to how she was in Gen X which made her appear younger and like some typical school girl. He ruined her with his writing and forcing her with Warren which didnt make much sense didnt help matters

yeah if warren were say...28 and paige like 18...i wouldn't throw up about it

Chamber is going to play a supporting role in Simon Spurrier's new Legion focused X-Men Legacy.

Gage said he would of explored Chamber more if his run on Legacy was longer.

yeah if warren were say...28 and paige like 18...i wouldn't throw up about it
Warren and Paige almost look normal compared to Warren and Toad which is just wrong on every level.

The writer that just started X-Men this week is writing a two-part story with Domino and Daredevil. Following that he has at least 3 or 4 more issues and plans on putting a lot of focus on Chamber. STOKED for that!!!!

Glad to see Chamber and Jubilee getting some shine in the new Generation X book. Where are Monet and Husk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"