The Winter Soldier Georges St-Pierre is Batroc the Leaper

I did mention the old Kirby Captain Americas, where they made him more human and not as super.
And the movies could go the same route. Showing that Captain America is at the peak
of human perfection, but not superhuman, making a guy who is a highly trained
assassin (like Batman is highly trained and human) a worthy match. They could have
the main enemy be someone like Zemo, but his second in command is Batroc.
Actually though, the movie is going to have Winter Soldier, Crossbones, and Batroc the
leaper
. It might turn into a Bourne Identity thing where many assassins are sent after
Captain America. All human, all highly trained assassins, most or many at their peak.
He will also have, at his side Black Widow and Falcon, who are 2 non-powered agents.
Steve, despite what some comics show, is meant to be a human at the peak of human
perfection. At the peak of strength, speed, agility, stamina, with a mind able to learn
and formulate strategy, etc. More like Batman in the comics rather than a Superman
type who can lift buildings. And since its early in the movies, he has only been in
Captain America 1 and the Avengers, they can still show that. Maybe by having him
face hordes of highly trained human assassins.
captain-america-2.jpg

1923097-detail.jpg

detail.jpg

images

88602-18125-106186-2-winter-soldier--win.jpg

Batroc_nouveau_h1.jpg

1576971-11_capacbones001_cov.jpg

With the movie having Captain America (star), Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Falcon,
Agent Sharon Carter, Crossbones, Batroc, evil bad guy running it all, Nick Fury,
I wonder how much screen time each character will get. And how much screen time
characters like Batroc or Crossbones will get. Or maybe they will be main henchmen
throughout the movie.

On another note
I hope they, maybe, keep his character like this. An assassin, criminal, who
really only cares about the money, but has standards and wont cross certain
lines like mass murder.
batroc3.jpg

507373-batroc3.jpg

Last edited:
I did mention the old Kirby Captain Americas, where they made him more human and not as super.
And the movies could go the same route. Showing that Captain America is at the peak
of human perfection, but not superhuman, making a guy who is a highly trained
assassin (like Batman is highly trained and human) a worthy match. They could have
the main enemy be someone like Zemo, but his second in command is Batroc.
Actually though, the movie is going to have Winter Soldier, Crossbones, and Batroc the
leaper
. It might turn into a Bourne Identity thing where many assassins are sent after
Captain America. All human, all highly trained assassins, most or many at their peak.
He will also have, at his side Black Widow and Falcon, who are 2 non-powered agents.

Steve, despite what some comics show, is meant to be a human at the peak of human
perfection. At the peak of strength, speed, agility, stamina, with a mind able to learn
and formulate strategy, etc. More like Batman in the comics rather than a Superman
type who can lift buildings. And since its early in the movies, he has only been in
Captain America 1 and the Avengers, they can still show that. Maybe by having him
face hordes of highly trained human assassins.

Peak human vs super human. I can only see Cap as superhuman.

For a start define "peak human"? The fastest & strongest men from 60 years ago couldn't hold a candle to todays best, and the way nutrition & sport science is going what will our top athletes be like in another 60 years?

Secondly, the fastest, the strongest, most agile, highest stamina all require vastly different body types. Sprinters, power lifters, marathon runners, gymnasts, etc, look nothing alike.

Having all those attributes in one body, & not needing to workout or consume huge amounts of food to maintain it, is superhuman to me.

:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Its also a comic, a character can be the peak human just as easily as a alien can fly, be bullet proof, and a man can turn into a gamma green creature. The story was that he was turned into a peak human, meaning that he would be as fast as a man can be, as strong as a man can possibly be, and agile as he could possibly be, and in recent comics they explained that his mind absorbs things fast so he can learn strategy and come up with his own easier than most.
Comicvine:
As a result of Operation: Rebirth, Steve Rogers gained speed, strength, flexibility, endurance and agility of nearly superhuman levels.
Wikipedia:
Captain America has no superhuman powers, but through the Super-Soldier Serum and "Vita-Ray" treatment, he is transformed and his strength, endurance, agility, speed, reflexes, durability, and healing are at the zenith of natural human potential. Rogers' body regularly replenishes the super-soldier serum; it does not wear off.
Marvel.com:
The process successfully altered his physiology from its frail state to the maximum of human efficiency, including greatly enhanced musculature and reflexes.
Captain America isn't meant to be super human, stronger than most humans but not super human like Spider-Man or Luke Cage. That is why a character like Batroc or Crossbones can be a match for him, and the film can explore that idea (or not) by having these highly trained Batman types (meaning they turned themselves into living weapons) be a match for Steve.

Last edited:
You are quoting evidence irrelevant to the issue. Yes, Captain America in the comics is peak human. . . and no, that has nothing to do with the movie, where he is superhuman.

You are quoting evidence irrelevant to the issue. Yes, Captain America in the comics is peak human. . . and no, that has nothing to do with the movie, where he is superhuman.
Captain America director explains to Entertainment Weekly:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The strength of heroes is often found in their weaknesses. What vulnerabilities does Captain America have that make him interesting and relatable?
JOE JOHNSTON: What I like is he’s not a superhero in the true sense of the word. He becomes a superhero but doesn’t have any super powers. He is just the best possible, human specimen. Imagine the fastest, strongest Olympian athlete. Add 30 percent. That’s Steve Rogers.
1074625-captain_america_44_1.jpg

685557-ba3.jpg

Last edited:
Yet TFA and seemingly this movie [from the set-pics] has Cap literally tossing guys up in the air; even a peak human wouldnt be able to do that.

No one comes close to their physical peak... Our ultimate potential. Especially if Cap's where trainiing wouldn't wear him down. There's no real world reference to Cap's potential, but I assure you it's far above any regular person

Yet TFA and seemingly this movie [from the set-pics] has Cap literally tossing guys up in the air; even a peak human wouldnt be able to do that.

How do you know? the peak human doesn't exist. only humans conditioned to today's fitness and genetic standards. peak human means as strong as we as a species can possibly be. in terms of genes, muscle make up, endurance. everything. No one on earth is the peak of human potential right now

You're quite right but conversely, how does anyone know that a peak human could throw grown men 20 feet in the air?

All I'm saying is that I find the prospect unlikely, unless that person is indeed super-human.

You're quite right but conversely, how does anyone know that a peak human could throw grown men 20 feet in the air?

All I'm saying is that I find the prospect unlikely, unless that person is indeed super-human.

We don't...but it's a comic and it's called fiction... if they say that's the peak of human potential than it is. how do we know an Arc reactor would work? How do we know pym particles can exist?

And if they presented you with a pineapple and told you it was a banana?

I'm sorry, but if I see someone throwing a person 20 feet in the air on film, the first thing I think is 'superhuman strength', regardless of what Joe Johnson has previously said. Sure, they're sticking to the 616 guidelines [especially in the Avengers] but there were times in the First Avenger where Cap's power-set more resembled Ultimate Cap.

I for one, am definitely looking forward to Cap 2 where hopefully they let him show a but more ability than the montage shown in.the First Avenger, as im sure everyone else is here. Being as strong and as fast as a human can be simultaneously is a scary thought if any human wants to take him on

After watching Man of Steel, now THAT is a superhuman. Compared to Superman's insane speed and strength, Cap could definitely pass as the peak of human biology rather than being "Super-powered".

I'd rather they went with the "Peak Human" route rather than "Super-powered", because if he was super-powered, its an extremely low level compared to the likes of Superman, Thor, Hulk, Spiderman etc who are truly superpowered to the point where "Peak of human ability" sounds much more impressive.

And if they presented you with a pineapple and told you it was a banana?
You should understand its a banana, if it was presented in the right way. In fiction you create worlds where anything
and everything is possible. But you must establish the rules for your reader/viewer so that they know that when they
are presented a pineapple it is actually meant to be a banana. In many action films people do things that are unrealistic
compared to our world but we accept it because its established that that is normal there.

The intent of the Captain America film, from its director, is that Steve is a human at the peak rather than superhuman.
So, back to my original thoughts, Batroc the Leaper can be shown to be a worthy foe for Captain America. But with
other characters being included like Crossbones, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Falcon, Steve himself, Agent Sharon Carter,
etc, I don't think we should expect too much from his character. But I don't think he will be used as a silly character who
is easily beaten up by Captain America because he is too outmatched.

685558-ba4.jpg
685556-ba2.jpg

685554-ba5.jpg

Last edited:

Exactly man.

Honestly, its not the "toss grown men 20 feet in the air", so much as the "punch through the glass of a frickin' submarine after swimming after it to catch up" that does it for me. The movie gives him scenes doing rather obviously superhuman feats, and it gives the SSS descriptions that never include the word 'peak human'. Ergo, the movie is not pretending he's merely peak human.

Hawkeye a freaking no look arrow shot was super human and he's supposed to be a regular old human. C'mon guys, its fiction. Yes Steve seems super human because he's... Better than any human that exists right now, not because he's super human.

Cinematic levels of skill allow for unrealistically good feats. . . of skill. They do not credibly make someone superhumanly strong and durable, not to the extent that movie Cap demonstrated.

Ozymandias is an almost peak human Watchman and does things that would seem superhuman as well. it's not unusual in comics...to overestimate the pinnacle of human perfection...or maybe it's not overestimated because like I said, the peak human is not real in this world.

So, my two-year old daughter is currently obsessed with Lazytown and insists on it being played over and over and over again.

Maybe it's delirium but I'm starting to think that Sportacus and Batroc were separated at birth.

Anyone know if there's any pics of GSP in costume for the movie out there, or are they keeping this under wraps? I can't imagine them really going with the goofy purple as the movie does seem to be pretty serious.

Anyone know if there's any pics of GSP in costume for the movie out there, or are they keeping this under wraps? I can't imagine them really going with the goofy purple as the movie does seem to be pretty serious.
they could just put him in a purple/gold track suit or jacket

Enemy4.jpg

If he throws out an "I'm not impressed, Captain America" I will erupt in laughter at the theater. It'd be a nice little tip of the hat to MMA fans.

Here's a link

http://youtu.be/Cl-beMYQ-K0

Cinematic levels of skill allow for unrealistically good feats. . . of skill. They do not credibly make someone superhumanly strong and durable, not to the extent that movie Cap demonstrated.

It's no different than Batman or Daredevil taking on Cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"