Get A Glimpse Of New Movies At Movie Carnival 2006

GothicPowerMix1

Superhero
Reaction score
Movie fans will not only be able to catch a glimpse of upcoming blockbuster movies for this year, including Mission Impossible 3, at the Movie Carnival 2006 to be held at Berjaya Times Square for two days from April 22.

They will also able to purchase a RM6 ticket per movie at the carnival if they buy it before noon during the two-day event.

The event organised by Cinema Online, a cinema resource and marketing and public relations agency Mypartners Communications, is being held for the first and time will also show snippets of X-Men 3, Superman Returns, Garfield 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean 2.

Cinema Online director of cinema resource, Chin Vin Sen said the movie carnival which brought together all major movie distributors, sponsors and licensees, would showcase the biggest feature movies of the year.

In conjunction with the carnival, several programmes will be held including "The Hunt for the Malaysian X-Men" and a nationwide search for Malaysians with extraordinary abilities with the final to be held on May 26-28 at Sunway Pyramid, Petaling Jaya, he said at press conference, here Tuesday.

Other activities include the session to meet with the stars of local upcoming movie Gubra, a movie bazaar featuring movie themed e-gaming stations, photo stations, movie merchandise, collectibles and memorabilia, appearance of movie characters, children's colouring contest and games, he said.

Chin said the carnival will also be partnering with online auctioneer, eBay, by setting up bidding stations with broadband access throughout the event in which movie fans could bid for exclusive imported movie merchandise and gala premiere tickets.

"Bidding will start at RM1 and all of the proceeds will be channelled to Protect and Save the Children (P.S. the Children), a non-profit organisation for the prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse in Malaysia," he said.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=190040

Thanks to KALELinRI at BlueTights for the heads up. I think it is safe to say this is where the Final Trailer will be debuting first.

April 22? :eek: It seems so soon. :D But yay!

Maylasia!!!!...I hate Maylasia

:D

It better hit online right away! :eek:

Malaysians...lucky. :o

please, FOR THE CHILDREN, boycott MI:3....................

If all new Trailers are shown that day. Then damn that is ALOT OF NEW DAMN TRAILERS :up:

Malaysia!? It's true. Fox hates Europe. :(

Mr Lex Luthor said:
It better hit online right away! :eek:

Malaysians...lucky. :o
It'll be like Showest. It'll take a couple of days methinks.

JokerNick said:
please, FOR THE CHILDREN, boycott MI:3....................
Why? :confused:

Aiden said:
It'll be like Showest. It'll take a couple of days methinks.

I don't mind waiting. As long as we get to see those clips/trailer. :)

Kira said:
Maylasia!? It's true. Fox hates Europe. :(

Only China has got more people than the whole Europe... Asia is a HUGE market for movies and merchandising! :)

One of these days, Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise will walk into sunlight and burst into flames.

Tom Cruise just bugs me off. :o Anyone agree, no?

Showest, Aiden, I see. I hope so! :D

Mission Impossible 3 opens May 5th. Movie Carnival 2006 starts April 22nd. A week later after it is shown at the Movie Carnival it gets into Theaters :up: It makes sense man :o

MoiBijou said:
Just two words: Tom Cruise. :D

Tom Cruise is a freak, why would you give money to a guy like that, it's basically giving money to a cult........... plus the guys gets issac hayes to leave south park, kidnaps Katie holmes, gets rid of her nude scene in some upcoming movie, this guy needs to be stopped, and the only way is too ignore him, don't pay to see his movies, he's like a bad rash, just leave it alone or it will spread.......

anyways, yeah, bring on may, X-Men time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MoiBijou said:
Just two words: Tom Cruise. :D
Mr Lex Luthor said:
Tom Cruise just bugs me off. :o Anyone agree, no?

Showest, Aiden, I see. I hope so! :D
JokerNick said:
Tom Cruise is a freak, why would you give money to a guy like that, it's basically giving money to a cult........... plus the guys gets issac hayes to leave south park, kidnaps Katie holmes, gets rid of her nude scene in some upcoming movie, this guy needs to be stopped, and the only way is too ignore him, don't pay to see his movies, he's like a bad rash, just leave it alone or it will spread.......

anyways, yeah, bring on may, X-Men time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like Tom. He makes good movies. He's just eccentric about Katie etc because he really loves them. But yeah, he's a total wackjob

I'lll probably see MI:3, but I will buy a ticket to something else and then go see it. I didn't care at all about the stuff he did on Oprah and whatnot, but what he did to South Park is crap, and I don't even watch the show.

Yeah. I liked him before he got into the whole Katie thing, but after that, I started to dislike him more and more. He freaks me out, I guess.

But I'm still seeing M:I3, anyway. I loved the first two and there are plenty of other great talents in the movie other than Cruise. J.J. Abrams, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames and Laurence Fishburne are enough to convince me. :up:

Aiden said:
I like Tom. He makes good movies. He's just eccentric about Katie etc because he really loves them. But yeah, he's a total wackjob

Has the L.Ron Cult got to you too???

Have you seen Vanilla Sky, Eyes wide shut, magnolia??????????

Minority Report was eeehhhhh

and War of the Worlds was ok, only because the tri-pods were freaky as heck, but he sucked in that movie..........

The Hoffmeister alone would be enough for me to see M:I:3

JokerNick said:
Has the L.Ron Cult got to you too???

Have you seen Vanilla Sky, Eyes wide shut, magnolia??????????

Minority Report was eeehhhhh

and War of the Worlds was ok, only because the tri-pods were freaky as heck, but he sucked in that movie..........
Minority Report was awesome and WOTW was so-so. I really liked Interview with a Vampire, Collateral, Last Samurai and Jerry Maguire. I'm not a Scientologist, I'm Catholic :D

The Hoffmeister rocks! He'll be awesome as the villain! :eek:

I enjoyed Legend and Some Good Men, but he's become a pain after leaving Nicole Kidman, and now with Katie Holmes... yech.

Aiden said:
The Hoffmeister alone would be enough for me to see M:I:3
He's the one part I am really anxious about seeing. I think he could be a good villian because he's a great actor, but I am afraid that I won't be able to feel threatened by him. He'll say something evil and I'll just think of him saying it as his character from Boogie Nights and just laugh.

Tom Cruise.

Harry Knowles.

2006's Top Two Derailing Targets For The X3 Forum Discussions. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"