Getting a tattoo - discussion and help, if possible

DOG LIPS, Wilhelm is going to declare you a natural enemy if he finds out you've got a great white shark tattooed on you.

So, Peacekeeper, your first ink is always a big deal. Some people don't even think twice about having things tattooed on them, and I know quite a few people who are like that. They almost ALWAYS wind up regretting that ink at some point or another. Why? Some people, like myself and other friends of mine, believe tattoo's need to carry some very significant, deep and often spiritual meaning to the wearer or they will lose their magic sooner or later. Things that are a core part of your being and character. It sounds like this is something you've been considering for awhile, and while a band's symbol may seem significant to you at this point in time, if you think ahead and try to picture yourself at say...30 years old.....or 40 or 50.....do you think that it's something that you will still feel as deeply about in your convictions as you do today? Does that symbol truly represent you and who you are and want to be? The thing to remember is this....that ink is going to be a part of you for the rest of your life. At 19 years old, that's a good 70 more years. If that symbol encapsules who you are at the very center of your being and represents you that perfectly, then I say go for it. But, if you are uncertain in any way, shape or form, then maybe it's time to take a step back and think about what it is you're truly trying to express by getting a tattoo and maybe start thinking about and looking for something that more accurately represents that.

Just some thoughts from a guy who has 1/3 or his back inked.

jag

jaguarr said:
DOG LIPS, Wilhelm is going to declare you a natural enemy if he finds out you've got a great white shark tattooed on you.

jag
I just wear a long-sleeve shirt whenever I go to his house, it's all good.

i see band related tattoos as being fine...as long as the band has a deep rooted meaning in your life. I have several and it's not just because "i love ____" it's more of a ... this band is what got me through this point in my life. Though i must admit...i have the Urbn Dk skull on my leg...for the sole reason taht i wanted a skull tattoo and didn't want the same old played out skulls everyone else gets.

ps.. i soon hope to get "perseverance" tattooed on the back of my right arm. the having to constantly explain that " no, it's not a hatebreed tat" is going to be hell.

Best tattoo ever!

Villechaize.jpg

Peacekeeper 2.0 said:
I appreciate your questions.

1) I'm almost 19.
2) They were pretty much the first band I seriously was hooked on. When Dookie came out, someone at school had the tape and played it during a Christmas party before us little tots went on winter break. After about 2 minutes of "Longview" they were at the principal's office. This was my first exposure to music that was risky. Before then it was standard music parents bend over backwards for their kids to hear... sing-a-longs and classical music for me. I ended up finding the tape at home a short time later because my dad was a fan of several tracks. "Emenius Sleepus" became my unofficial anthem around the house for a good couple months. I sort of forgot about Green Day though (as any young kid would at that age) until Insomniac came out again. No school incidents this time. I bought it myself while I was at the mall with my mom and cousins. Surprisingly I wasn't asked for a parent despite the yellow warning tag on the tape ( I used tapes until like 1998 actually for some reason). Ever since then I've been a big fan. I don't know... some music just hits you... you can't explain why or how, it just does. You can't change what music you like just like you can't change who you love. I see no intelligence or point in criticizing someone for the music they like asl ong as they are honest about liking it and the reason why they do. Green Day's music has always been there for me. I always tell people to stop worrying about what a band does with their own time, money, or fame. What matters to the fan is the music, right? So judge them on the music. Green Day's music helped me through a lot of tough times with my family, friends, and personal problems. I also think Billie Joe Armstrong is a fantastic lyricist.
3) About half a year.
4) On my left arm, below my shoulder.
5) No other tattoos.
Well, It seems you've given it some thought. So I'd say go for it. I can't give you any flack over choosing a band desing for a tattoo, because I myself am working on a design that will incorporate the sheet music of the guitar solo from Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters..." and some of Jame Hetfield's artwork. What I waould suggest to you though is to take a ton of Green Day stuff that you have to a tattoo artist and have them draw up something for you. This way it's not a direct copy and you can get something more elaborate. Good luck!

ps. It's gonna hurt!!

Well, peacekeeper, did you get the tattoo yet??

DOG LIPS said:
You're going to regret getting that GreenDay crap. :csad:

But seriously, it's your body, mark it up however you want. I have 3 tattoos. 2 badass, and one that raises many questions.

about your sexuality? :huh:

I want to see this cartoon character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"