Playstation Ghost Of Tsushima

Just the beat the main story and did most of the side quests. Yes, i've been spending most of my days on this game haha. And I'm nowhere near done still!

So in love with this game.

It's ironic for me. I've been waiting impatiently for GOT since day 1. And just two weeks before it came out I got drawn into another game that I'm not quite finished with yet. I'll be joining y'all soon.

Absolutely floored by this game’s visuals. Every time I’m riding through the countryside, I stop for a moment to appreciate the sheer scope and beauty of every detail. The only issue I run into that has been problematic is the occasional awkward camera angles when engaging in combat—especially around bushes.

Yeah, the camera is my only complaint so far. Maybe some kind of dynamic camera for combat situations would've done the trick.

Before playing the game, I saw some reviews citing the the protagonist isn't too charismatic or ends up way too serious/dull, but I'm liking Jin just fine. I think they found the perfect balance of how someone would behave in a war like situation without losing himself to anger or become completely boring. He feels like a real character.

I've only done a few main missions and mostly spent my time exploring and doing side stuff but that fleshs out his character just as well.
Also, is anyone playing on this 'Kurosawa' mode
I will on my second playthrough.
That might take a while, though. I'm taking my sweet time with this game.

The camera issue could have been solved with a transparency system. What that means is if a tree or structure gets between the camera and player the part of the structure will momentarily become transparent until the player moves the character from behind the structure or shifts the camera. Witcher 3 did this will trees and bushes. And Divinity does this with every structure.

^^ absolutely well deserved.

im at 91 % of all trophies achieved. I sped through this game but only because it was just so. damn. good.

The camera issue could have been solved with a transparency system. What that means is if a tree or structure gets between the camera and player the part of the structure will momentarily become transparent until the player moves the character from behind the structure or shifts the camera. Witcher 3 did this will trees and bushes. And Divinity does this with every structure.
That's just one of the issues with the camera.
If I'm fighting someone and he keeps stepping back, he'll end up behind the camera, so I have to manually rotate the analog stick, which means I'll be using my thumb for that instead of attacking.

This has happened on a few occasions and I end up fighting an enemy attacking me offscreen or missing a parry because I was busy trying to relocate the camera to find the enemy.

This game is so beautiful. It’s actually lovely to play a mainstream game that’s not about action, it’s about silence, pacing, haikus and inner peace but with super awesome swordplay every now and then

Playing on normal and have put about 16.5 hours into this game i would guess. On early part of act 2 and i have not even down much side missions. Can't believe some people find this game to be to easy. On just normal at the end of act one i got stuck for like 2 and a half hours straight dying. End of the act was pretty intense. Over all the end of like act 1 and now begging of act 2 things have really picked up. Looking forward to playing more and more over the next few weeks. Not sure how i would rank this compared to other ps4 games yet being that i am still only like 40% into the story but i think it may end up being my 3rd favorite behind spiderman at number 2 and HZD at number 1.

Finished the game, completed the side missions, and cleared the maps. The 3rd act kind of fell flat for me. Both visually, due to the nature of the 3rd map region, and narratively, due to absurd cliche character choices. The choices fit in the context of the world the game creates, but it's no less absurd and cliche. And one character in particular gets high and mighty to the point of stupidity. And the shogun was handled poorly. And one storyline was frustratingly unrequited.

This doesn't surprise me as it looked like a very appealing game just from the teaser trailer. The good reviews probably helped as well and Last of Us 2 didn't outshine this despite the game being released just weeks after LOU2. I remember Days Gone with good first week sales as well and that one kinda got middling reviews.

I wonder if Sucker Punch moves forward with a sequel right away instead of a new IP or an Infamous game.

I'd really love to see a new Infamous game. And doesn't Sucker Punch also make the Sly Cooper games? Hopefully, Sucker Punch can have multiple teams working on different projects. I'd rather see a new Infamous game next, then a sequel to Ghost.

Speaking of Ghost, it started turning into a bit of a convoluted hassle, but I finally managed to secure my free copy of the game from Best Buy. So, they delivered on their promise in the end. Kudos to Best Buy!! :)

Just started playing today after delaying myself a whole week. Gotta say this game is visually beautiful. Combat is nice as well, and of course all those unlockable armor and head gear. Gonna keep me busy for a while.

I'd really love to see a new Infamous game. And doesn't Sucker Punch also make the Sly Cooper games? Hopefully, Sucker Punch can have multiple teams working on different projects. I'd rather see a new Infamous game next, then a sequel to Ghost.

Speaking of Ghost, it started turning into a bit of a convoluted hassle, but I finally managed to secure my free copy of the game from Best Buy. So, they delivered on their promise in the end. Kudos to Best Buy!! :)
I would be surprised if they suddenly revived those ips, especially both of them. Just looking at their videogame library, they tend to work on 1 ip and release sequels for it. The last Sly Cooper game came out in ps2. While I haven't played Infamous yet but I'd pick the last two games if a sequel is announced. But I'd be surprised if Infamous 4 or 5 is suddenly in the works not a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima.

I would be surprised if they suddenly revived those ips, especially both of them. Just looking at their videogame library, they tend to work on 1 ip and release sequels for it. The last Sly Cooper game came out in ps2. While I haven't played Infamous yet but I'd pick the last two games if a sequel is announced. But I'd be surprised if Infamous 4 or 5 is suddenly in the works not a sequel to Ghost of Tsushima.

At least play Infamous Second Son. It stands alone from the first 2 games, and was Suckerpunch's first PS4 game. Visually it's still a beauty, and even more impressive when considering it was released only 4 months after the PS4 launched.

SP opened the generation with a beautiful game and closed the generation with a beautiful game. I cant wait to see what they achieve with PS5.

Hopefully, SP will open the PS5 gen with a new Infamous game and close it with Ghost 2. ;)

Guys I have been stuck on a mission for 3 days. I know I suck but can anyone help a brother out?

GOT's combat is already pretty simple. I don't get what needs to be made easier. Just parry and dodge and you're good.
Parry and blocking isnt even necessary outside of the major one on one duels. In the rest of the fights and squirmishes I only used strong attacks in the proper stance relentlessly and dodged from foe to foe switching stances back and forth. And I had armor that gained resolve from damage I took so I could continuously heal. By the end of the act 2 I started feeling sorry for the NPCs and was getting bored so I switched to the traveling gear without any combat buffs. When I replay the game I'm going to up the difficulty.

It's a very fluid and enjoyable rewarding combat system, but the combat and the enemy variety plateaus too early in the game.

I have i think put around 30 hours on this game now. I am almost at the end of act 2. Man the last half of act 2 got really epic,intense and emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"