Playstation Ghost Of Tsushima

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score

The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan—until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But honorable tactics won’t lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting—the way of the Ghost—as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.

Probably my best surprise of E3 this game looks great, just a thread to talk about the game in general. What you liked most, what maybe you weren't as crazy about and what else your hope will be in it.

I loved the cinematic touch but I felt the gameplay was a a little flat

I was kinda like that when I saw God of War's gameplay, but it is SOOOO good when we actually get to play it. I think it'll be the case here.

Not that I didn't like what I've seen. I want to play it, already.

Last edited:
This didn't already have its own thread? Weird.

I was sort of blown away by this game's stylish cinematic flare. I think it's too early to judge the gameplay, so far it's clearly just the bare basics

It looks absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait! It’s always so nice when you see game developers revel in colour

You know there is going to be at least one sick battle scene in a tranquil field full of cherry blossom tree's lol

Can't imagine moves like this ever getting old

This is looking really good, I can't wait. Glad to see the combat is more realistic and less video gamey.

How do people here feel about this compared to Shadows Die Twice? Both games have their unique voices while sharing some similarities. I prefer GoT for its artful cinematic style, but SDT has an interesting dark fantasy vibe thats also very interesting

How do people here feel about this compared to Shadows Die Twice? Both games have their unique voices while sharing some similarities. I prefer GoT for its artful cinematic style, but SDT has an interesting dark fantasy vibe thats also very interesting

Personally, I have no interest in it as I don't enjoy FromSoftware's games; not enough story/character development.

Whereas with GoT, I already have a history of enjoying their games (Infamous). And like you said, a big part of my anticipation comes from the cinematic style and pacing the game appears to have, as well as music composed by Shigeru Umebayashi (who did films like A Single Man, In the Mood for Love, House of Flying Daggers, 2046).

Shadows Die Twice come from arguably the best developer in the business. Do not an RPG, but an action game. So, yeah, as cool as Ghost looks to me, it has to be Shadows Die Twice.

I'm highly anticipating this game. It looks like it'll pay tribute to Kurosawa in the same way Red Dead did to Leone.

I think they're completely different experiences that are under a similar setting and I want to equally play both. From's game isn't really concerned about reality, while GoT seems so much more grounded. Both seem fun in their own way.

I'll give art style for GoT, though. Even if we haven't seen enough from Sekiro, I think it'll be hard to beat what GoT is bringing to us visually.

Just based on what we saw at the show I'd choose SDT.

Personally, I have no interest in it as I don't enjoy FromSoftware's games; not enough story/character development.

Whereas with GoT, I already have a history of enjoying their games (Infamous). And like you said, a big part of my anticipation comes from the cinematic style and pacing the game appears to have, as well as music composed by Shigeru Umebayashi (who did films like A Single Man, In the Mood for Love, House of Flying Daggers, 2046).

I cant wait for Ghost but i have zero interest in the other game and before that game i had never heard of the company that is doing that game before either.

I saw the gameplay from E3 for this last night, it looks like it could be the Samurai equivelant of Red Dead Redemption! :wow:

It's estimated to come next year, which is already shaping up to be a good year for gaming.

If the graphics look anything like they did at E3 it could easily be one the best looking games I have seen.

Can't wait for the one on one battles
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...aw0XakuWz63pGTFDWzsw2vcX&ust=1529754873431873

Only thing that could have made this game better would be Miyamoto Musashi and to be honest he could easily overshadow our main character and we are a couple hundred years too early lol.

https://wccftech.com/ghost-of-tsushima-historical-accuracy/

We’re going to deviate from historical truth, [but] we just want to do it intentionally. A lot of the support we get from our friends from Sony in Japan, and our Japanese friends in Sony US, and all the cultural consultants we’ve assembled to help us do this stuff, is to make sure we don’t deviate accidentally. There are things we are going to do that are different and we want to choose those wisely. […] The challenge for us, making a game, in an original story but taking place in a real historical time, is making sure we’re telling a story that people can relate to. When we are deviating from this historical truth, we are doing it to stop you from snagging on stuff.

If you have an idea about what samurai look like or how they act or how they think, we’re going to give that to you. Most people’s idea is really based on an idea of samurai which is really more of a [16th to 18th] century idea of samurai. 13th century, historically, is pretty different. In terms of how they fought, what they wore, it doesn’t match your expectations. […] The armor that you see him wear, it’s not 13th century armor. Because, honestly, the 13th century armor is pretty jarring looking, it’s not what you’d expect. It’s really boxy. It doesn’t look aspirational.

The Last of Us Part II, Anthem, probably Cyberpunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"