Playstation Ghost Of Tsushima

Seriously strange strategy from Sony after a pandemic and while the competition is reducing costs to gamers massively.

Sony is suffering from the upside of their "Sony Hubris Cycle". Which is a little strange, given how massively Nintendo is selling right now, but they must have convinced themselves that the Switch doesn't actually count, they are still as invincible as they think themselves to be.

Sony is suffering from the upside of their "Sony Hubris Cycle". Which is a little strange, given how massively Nintendo is selling right now, but they must have convinced themselves that the Switch doesn't actually count, they are still as invincible as they think themselves to be.
Oh damn. :csad: Last gen it made sense with weak competition from the wii U and X1 but they need to keep on top of things now while the other 2 are coming back strong.

Beat the dlc after about 11 hours of game time on Thursday night. Still got some stuff left to collect.

I'm a bit underwhelmed. A lot of story missions are going from point a to b, protect the people and kill the enemies, wash, rinse and repeat. It can be really tiring. Its weird because I was only in Act I, I already felt the repetition. I wasn't having fun. Every time you go to somewhere else, you're always going to encounter someone to stab. Either you run away or stab them. I know the game is set in a war. Its just really repetitive to me. This game also reminds me so much of if Assassin's Creed featured Japan, it would be just like this. There's so much similarities, its hard not to get reminded me of AC. The only thing missing is a modern day setting. The side story missions are mostly the same - stab enemies. The missions lacked variety.

EXploring the map can be a bit eXhausting. I didn't expect the map to be that huge. I tried to remove the white on the map in the first region and it took me days to clear the fog, and of course I was also doing side activities so those added time. I think I would have more fun free roaming if only there are more structures that really wowed me. Most of the map are trees, flowers and houses that are mostly the same.

I don't like how the talking scenes are shot. I don't like when crawling, it switches to 1st person. I don't like that jars and a lot of things aren't breakable when I slashed them. The flash bombs are irritating to the eyes.

The good things I can say: The graphics look smooth. The ui is simplified. I like the wind as a directional guide. The game can look dark depending on the weather especially when its night. But when the sun is high or the lighting is right - the colors really pop. The golden forest looks amazing during the day. The white and red trees as well. There are lot of nice sceneries. I'm surprised how fast the loading is. Its as fast as ps3 games ported to ps4. I liked how they integrated "zen" moments because the environment looks very zen and relaXing. I liked the foX den activities. I liked the weapons.

Overall, I am bit meh on this. It wasn't worth my 58 dollars. I tried to do every side mission so it would be worth the price. I almost platinumed it. This is one of the few games I got 90% of the trophies. But I should have waited when its cheaper. I'm not satisified with the whole eXperience. It looks pretty but it can be really boring. I also felt like the characters were dull and lacked charm. I liked the two older ladies, the rest not really. The third act was a bit short.

The eXpansion was nice enough as a bonus chapter. Even though it was nothing different from the main game, I liked how the motion control was used. I still have 7 things to clear but I'm 99% done with the game.

I'll rate it a 7.

I'm a bit underwhelmed. A lot of story missions are going from point a to b, protect the people and kill the enemies, wash, rinse and repeat. It can be really tiring. Its weird because I was only in Act I, I already felt the repetition. I wasn't having fun. Every time you go to somewhere else, you're always going to encounter someone to stab. Either you run away or stab them. I know the game is set in a war. Its just really repetitive to me. This game also reminds me so much of if Assassin's Creed featured Japan, it would be just like this. There's so much similarities, its hard not to get reminded me of AC. The only thing missing is a modern day setting. The side story missions are mostly the same - stab enemies. The missions lacked variety.

EXploring the map can be a bit eXhausting. I didn't expect the map to be that huge. I tried to remove the white on the map in the first region and it took me days to clear the fog, and of course I was also doing side activities so those added time. I think I would have more fun free roaming if only there are more structures that really wowed me. Most of the map are trees, flowers and houses that are mostly the same.

I don't like how the talking scenes are shot. I don't like when crawling, it switches to 1st person. I don't like that jars and a lot of things aren't breakable when I slashed them. The flash bombs are irritating to the eyes.

The good things I can say: The graphics look smooth. The ui is simplified. I like the wind as a directional guide. The game can look dark depending on the weather especially when its night. But when the sun is high or the lighting is right - the colors really pop. The golden forest looks amazing during the day. The white and red trees as well. There are lot of nice sceneries. I'm surprised how fast the loading is. Its as fast as ps3 games ported to ps4. I liked how they integrated "zen" moments because the environment looks very zen and relaXing. I liked the foX den activities. I liked the weapons.

Overall, I am bit meh on this. It wasn't worth my 58 dollars. I tried to do every side mission so it would be worth the price. I almost platinumed it. This is one of the few games I got 90% of the trophies. But I should have waited when its cheaper. I'm not satisified with the whole eXperience. It looks pretty but it can be really boring. I also felt like the characters were dull and lacked charm. I liked the two older ladies, the rest not really. The third act was a bit short.

The eXpansion was nice enough as a bonus chapter. Even though it was nothing different from the main game, I liked how the motion control was used. I still have 7 things to clear but I'm 99% done with the game.

I'll rate it a 7.
Thanks for the review. :up:

Not surprising considering it was part of the Nvidia leak. Looking forward to see what the hype is all about.

Anyone else watching SHOGUN and getting huge GoT flashbacks?

Hopefully the pc ports are high quality going forward now that pc releases are becoming a more important strategy. I don’t personally care how delayed the releases are as long as they are competent ports when released.

Keep the ports coming. I enjoy having zero incentive to purchase console hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"