Ghost Rider 2 In The Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiebling$

Just Chucking with you
Reaction score
Source:http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15105
It's pretty shocking that it has taken this long for a sequel to get a move on, but finally Columbia Pictures is gearing up for GHOST RIDER 2, the sequel to the smash-hit comic book adaptation from 2007 that saw Nicolas Cage as a stunt motorcyclist Johnny Blaze who gives up his soul to become a hellblazing vigilante, to fight against power hungry Blackheart, the son of the devil himself. What we learned this evening is that Columbia Pictures is officially out to writers to pen the sequel and that Nicolas Cage is in fact attached and signed on to return.

Why? Isn't one terrible Ghost Rider film enough?

Guess Cage has had one too many flops other than National Treasure to decide to return to another franchise... I guess this will be up for Spring 2011.

mini-article from CHUD..

The studio is out looking for a writer, according to Bloody Disgusting, and Nic Cage is officially aboard.

This isn't quite news to me - there's another web guy who found out some info about the proposed story that Cage has been pushing, and it's head-smackingly bad. I'll let that guy publish his own story in his own time, but suffice it to say, nothing he told me gives me hope that Ghost Rider 2 will be any better than the first.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/1...RSE-THERE-COULD-BE-A-GHOST-RIDER-2/Page1.html

I wonder who that guy is..

If Mark Steven Johnson isn't returning, there may be hope for it yet...depending on who gets tagged as director.

I am actually glad about this, being a big GR fan, I found some enjoyment in the first movie, especially in the GR scene's. If they fix the flaws of the first movie and make it darker, this will be a lot better than the first movie. Cant wait to hear more news.

as long as he doesn't point at everyone again

At least they're getting a new set of writers! This makes me hopeful. I'm one of the few who really liked GR. Yes, it could of been a better film, but this makes me hopeful that they can get a new ad better filmmaker.

The story should involve Blaze struggling with this curse and the spirit of vengeance trying to take over him, and he has to fight it mentally. Could be great there. Also a villain like Kazaan would work perfectly. Maybe bring some angels into it.

^:up:, they need to really expand the GR universe and show how far things have really gone in the war between heaven and hell. Get the darker aspects in there, cut-out the one liners, and give us a threatening villain (Kazann, Vengeance, The Devil, even Zadkiel could all be awesome) and we may get something worth it this time.

Hopefully we get the comic movie 2nd film effect with GR, but with how bad the first was, it won't make much of a difference :csad:

lousy movies like GH (and GH2 I'm sure) are why people are going to be sick of comicbook movies before Avengers, JL, X-Men 4, etc. ever get made.
Then they'll tank at the box office and it'll be 20 years before any studio decides to get back on the superhero movie bandwagon
Bad idea!
Boo!
Hiss!

I'm hoping that after the success of TDK, and hopefully after Watchmen, they won't be afraid to make a darker, less cheesy, Ghost Rider film.

If only there wasn't Cage...:(

Well, they can't make the villains anymore cliche or idiotic than they were in GR. I mean, Mephisto can teleport, yet stands like a moron when Caretaker runs in the other direction. WTF!!!

Out ran the Devil himself my *** :dry:

GR was tolerable...my main gripe was that it was 2 hours. And I personally don't think Ghost Rider, in MSJ's hands, warranted a running time that long.

The best way to do a 'Ghost Rider' film, IMO, would've been a low-brow, 1980s hardcore R creature feature. In the same vein as the original 'Terminator' or something.

God, Ghost Rider was so awkwardly bad; Hell, I'll take Fantastic Four over it and that's a bold statement onto itself!

I'm a ghost rider fan. I have a lot from the nineties run. A few from the original.
That movie sucked. Hard.
But the motorcycle was good.

*comparing the Ghost Rider movie to the Fantastic four films actually makes me appreciate them. Weird

I am actually glad about this, being a big GR fan, I found some enjoyment in the first movie, especially in the GR scene's. If they fix the flaws of the first movie and make it darker, this will be a lot better than the first movie. Cant wait to hear more news.
..but Cage is still on :funny: ok, don't bring back the director and Mendes and that'll be ok

The first film was kind of one big flaw.

I say use Danny and make a whole new story that is darker.

Hopefully we get the comic movie 2nd film effect with GR, but with how bad the first was, it won't make much of a difference :csad:

You never know, it could be 50 times better than the first movie, then at least it'll be okay.

lousy movies like GH (and GH2 I'm sure) are why people are going to be sick of comicbook movies before Avengers, JL, X-Men 4, etc. ever get made.
Then they'll tank at the box office and it'll be 20 years before any studio decides to get back on the superhero movie bandwagon
Bad idea!
Boo!
Hiss!

GH? Ghost Hider :woot:?

I'm not sure I see the point. People generally aren't pumped for a Ghost Rider sequel, and the first movie didn't do that well.

Agreed. I'd prefer to see work on a potential 'Daredevil' reboot happening over a 'GR' sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"