Ghost Rider at Comic-Con!!

Don't let anyone get in your way. And report EVERYTHING!

(Seriously, any info would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy it!)

;)

I'm sure you all seen this on the front page?
http://superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=4505

Spidey & Ghost Rider Comic-Con Mobile Content
Source: Sony Pictures
July 18, 2006

Sony Pictures has announced the following mobile programs that will start this week for Comic-Con 2006:

GHOST RIDER

*Text "Rider 1" to 4SONY for a chance to win a USB loaded with Ghost Rider digital content.

Launches on Thursday 7/20 at 10am and run each day through 7/22 from 10am to 1pm. Redemptions from 1pm to 4pm each day.

*Text "Rider2" to 4SONY for a chance to meet Mark Steven Johnson and Nicolas Cage from Ghost Rider.

Launches on Friday 7/21 at 10am and runs all day. Prize will be awarded on Saturday 7/22.

Yes, surely this promotion applies only for the con, right?
=_=

InVictus said:
Yes, surely this promotion applies only for the con, right?
=_=

but if that means the contest is on thurs and if you win you only have a few days to get over to San Diego...not many people will be able to change thier plans that quickly. im thinking its probably for some later time...maybe at the premiere in Feb?

I assume this is only for the United States of America & not for the rest of us .like the land downunder??

hey totalpackage,
being the "total" fan that you are, i thought you'd be over in the states now!
i know i wish i was.....

There last year too. There's a good pic of the half and half poster too.

WHY IS NOBODY POSTING WITH ALL THIS NEW STUFF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

this is alot!

as it was posted on SHH...this stuff sounds cool...

"Fonda tells Cage to find him 'one with a black heart' and he would return his soul.

"I won't do it," says Cage.

"You don’t have a choice," replies Fonda.

Fonda taps his crystal skull-topped cane on the asphalt and Cage's hands become glued to the handlebars of his motorcycle. He tries to pull away, but cannot. The bike starts to rev up and eventually peels out and takes off at a super-high speed. As Cage flies down the street, as the vehicles and businesses he passes catch fire and glass is shattered. The high-speed transformation takes Cage past an unsuspecting policeman who has set up a speed trap. His radar gun fixes on cage and zips up past 190 miles per hour. The bike goes flaming past him and he is blown back several feet and the billboard he was staked out behind bursts into flames.

The scene with Cage and Mendes begins with Mendes looking for an explanation as to why she was stood up for a dinner date the previous evening. Cage struggles with the right words to explain himself. She assures him that she has heard and seen it all and that nothing will surprise her. So, reluctantly, Cage says, "I sold my soul to the devil." He explains the entire situation to her, including his transformation into 'a monster' and she replies with making a claw gesture... "So tonight, you'll 'arrrrgh'". He replies – "I believe so."

The scene cuts to a full metamorphosis scene with Cage becoming Ghost Rider. He screams in pain and calls for his maker as his skin begins to smoke and bubble. Soon his skin burns away and his bare skull ignites. He is shown facing down a group of supernatural bad guys. At one point, he is blown back into a hanging chain that forms a noose around his neck, and is later seemingly crushed by a semi-truck... but nothing stops the Ghost Rider."

comiccon99.jpg

BIGGUN said:
as it was posted on SHH...this stuff sounds cool...

"Fonda tells Cage to find him 'one with a black heart' and he would return his soul.

"I won't do it," says Cage.

"You don’t have a choice," replies Fonda.

Fonda taps his crystal skull-topped cane on the asphalt and Cage's hands become glued to the handlebars of his motorcycle. He tries to pull away, but cannot. The bike starts to rev up and eventually peels out and takes off at a super-high speed. As Cage flies down the street, as the vehicles and businesses he passes catch fire and glass is shattered. The high-speed transformation takes Cage past an unsuspecting policeman who has set up a speed trap. His radar gun fixes on cage and zips up past 190 miles per hour. The bike goes flaming past him and he is blown back several feet and the billboard he was staked out behind bursts into flames.

The scene with Cage and Mendes begins with Mendes looking for an explanation as to why she was stood up for a dinner date the previous evening. Cage struggles with the right words to explain himself. She assures him that she has heard and seen it all and that nothing will surprise her. So, reluctantly, Cage says, "I sold my soul to the devil." He explains the entire situation to her, including his transformation into 'a monster' and she replies with making a claw gesture... "So tonight, you'll 'arrrrgh'". He replies – "I believe so."

The scene cuts to a full metamorphosis scene with Cage becoming Ghost Rider. He screams in pain and calls for his maker as his skin begins to smoke and bubble. Soon his skin burns away and his bare skull ignites. He is shown facing down a group of supernatural bad guys. At one point, he is blown back into a hanging chain that forms a noose around his neck, and is later seemingly crushed by a semi-truck... but nothing stops the Ghost Rider."

Whilst you're all my friends and in my cool book, I would happily sell you all for medical experiments to get a glance at that footage.

;)

lol
Those described scenes sound great as is everything coming from the Con and Saturday isn't even here yet!!.:ghost: :up:

Mr Nick said:
Whilst you're all my friends and in my cool book, I would happily sell you all for medical experiments to get a glance at that footage.

;)

LOL Nick. You bastard you.

Actually, I'd glady sell my own body for such expereriments just to see this footage. I hope it gets posted online, perhaps on the blog. It sounds pretty great!!

I really hope that either that footage screened for the toy companies or whatever they show at the CON makes its way online in non-YouTube format.

Kuato said:
I really hope that either that footage screened for the toy companies or whatever they show at the CON makes its way online in non-YouTube format.

We can only hope.

WOW.... I just got home and I attended the Ghost Rider/Spider-Man 3 panel. I must say, it was the highlight of my day.

Ghost Rider looks so damn good. At first I was a little iffy about this movie. Not anymore. The footage they showed was awesome. It was in a form of a trailer, but I don't know if it is the next trailer.

They showed Johnny Blazes' full transformation into the Ghost Rider, awesome stuff. MSJ said the reason the film has been pushed back to February was because he wanted to get the whole flame skull effect right and that they had to create a program just for that.

Nicolas Cage seemed so excited about doing Ghost Rider, it's something he's been wanting to do for a long time. Ghost Rider taught him how to read. Eva Mendes is very funny. I had a great time. I hope the footage comes out for you guys to see.

I'll some pics up from the panel soon.

Thanks for the comments SuperAdam! Great stuff and I really hope we get to see it too.

I'm a little dissapointed with the reports so far. I figured there be more...

Definitely. It's too bad GR isn't talked about at all yet though. Perhaps they're waiting until the Spidey stuff cools down...

so Cage taught himself to read through GR? thats some pretty cool info...never knew Ghostie could be so educational..heh
I agree FH...think GR fans are getting shafted since Spider Man is stealing the spotlight...argghh. have to wait for pics..... so there was a private showing for Hasbro w/ 3 GR clips w/ unfinished cgi and what sounds like another trailer w/ finished cgi for the con. man i hope that new trailer come out soon
hope someone recorded the panel...was there even a Q and A session?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"