Ghost Rider at Comic-Con!!

And at the end, there’s a really sweet thing. [To Mark] Are we still going to do that?

MSJ: I don’t know. We can’t give that away. You’re giving away everything (laughing)! You’re giving away the end of the movie!

EM: Oh, right (laughs)!
I bet she kisses his skull.:eek:

I thought you guys hated AICN.

I'm a bit worried about the humor aspects in the movie.

Why would we blame Mike Sampson for the hot Mendes top shelf action?!? Now THAT'S a spice rack!

I don't hate AICN as fanboys news service, i dislike its community. And i think that site is responsible for the general behaviour there, it seems it makes up the worst of everyone.

So then why do you contribute by linking things like this?

In a year from now, some of the critics for the site could be tearing apart the movie like Fantastic Four and Punisher.

I could have copied and pasted the entire interview, but i try to follow netiquette, if possible.

Finally read that interview. I'm not sure what took me so long to get to it. Not a whole lot there but it sure is refreshing to read how into this character Mark is. I never knew that he first approached Avi for GR and not DareDevil. It's cool to know that he's had it in his mind ever since then.

TheVileOne said:
So then why do you contribute by linking things like this?

In a year from now, some of the critics for the site could be tearing apart the movie like Fantastic Four and Punisher.

We like to get all information about Ghost Rider here. Whether we agree with certain comments doesn't really matter, we just want the collection of information.

Thanks for the post Invictus.

She is pretty darn sexy! She was really good in Hitch too, so I'm confident in her acting abilities as well.

very cool....sounds like there was some info in there that wasnt reported before.
also nice to have a confirmation that the demon inside Johnny is indeed Zarathos. if they keep to how the demon evolves as in the original 70s series things are gonna get really interesting in later sequels (if any).

Thanks for the link, Flamehead. The little part about Blackheart's plan and the fallen angels was particularly interesting. I like the sound of it. Actually, he's starting to remind me a lot of Deacon Frost from Blade.:up:

BIGGUN said:
very cool....sounds like there was some info in there that wasnt reported before.
also nice to have a confirmation that the demon inside Johnny is indeed Zarathos. if they keep to how the demon evolves as in the original 70s series things are gonna get really interesting in later sequels (if any).

I was very surprised to hear him talk about Zarathos actually. I didn't expect them to make any reference to the name of the demon inside... which they probably still wont.

You're right on there being some new stuff there though. I think I'll take the time to put the info in the respected threads again...

Bump
I know this thread is old and all but is there any chance Ghost Rider will be at Comic Con 2006 (July 20 - 23)?:confused: Would be nice if they generated some buzz at the con for all the fans. :)

Retroman said:
Bump
I know this thread is old and all but is there any chance Ghost Rider will be at Comic Con 2006 (July 20 - 23)?:confused: Would be nice if they generated some buzz at the con for all the fans. :)

so far there hasnt been any announcements for Sony to have anything there:( ...but who knows? maybe there will be something announced at the last minute?
they have to have at least SOMETHING there....some stuff for Spider Man 3 will have to be there as well.
would be a sad sign if there was absolutely nothing GR related at what is to be considered the biggest comic convention of the year. what they had last year was very cool but this is the con before the movie opens...would be a huge waste to not take advantage of it.

we can hope...
it will be very telling to see how (or if) they advertise at the con. Spidey will have a huge spot no doubt..but what about GR? will they treat it like a event film? or will they treat it like a bastard stepchild w/ hardly anything to show?
if Sony is really proud of this film as its been said by MSJ they will no doubt show it off as much as possible.
and like you said Retro...this will be a good chance to show everyone a short clip of finished cgi for GR....at least the flaming skull. there is still alot of complaints about the cgi in the online trailer...this would be a great time for Sony to address that.

Last year's GR showing was fab. I'll be seriously ticked if it's not there this year.

:)

I can't see there possibly be a way that they'd leave GR out of the comic con. It just wouldn't make sense to me. This is Marvels next film and the one they should be promoting most. Let alone the fact that Ghost Rider has an ongoing happening and several mini's in the works. Ghost Rider should be everywhere if they want to bring the property back to the limelight.

I'm sure we'll get something soon. We better.... and there better be somebody here going to check it out damnit!

UPDATE
:eek:
Comic-Con 2006 :: Programming for Saturday, July 22

5:00-6:30 Sony Presents— Sony Pictures proudly presents a pair of Marvels: The classic Marvel comic Ghost Rider comes to the big screen with Academy Award–winning Nicolas Cage playing Johnny Blaze. Appearing in person to answer your questions and show some previews will be the film's stars Nicolas Cage and Eva Mendes and director Mark Steven Johnson. Oh, and did we mention Spidey 3? Come find out why we don't have to say anything else . . . besides Sam Raimi! Hall H
Source: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci06_prog_sat.php

Retroman said:

HOLY SHEET!!! :up:
that is some update Retro! heh..
so happy to hear that Sony is going all out for the con...
and i almost had a chance to go to it too :( ...damnit...
they even got Cage to do it...mighty impressive.
you can bet there is gonna be some tough questions for those 3...

Sorry you can't attend.We'll have to rely on the hype and all the other sites that are going for the juicy info and what not.

I was a little surprised to see Cage's name. Sony seem's to be really going all out on this Comic Con.

You always show up with the greatest news Retro. Thanks for posting this!

It's awesome that the Sony has both Spidey and Ghost Rider there this year because all those Spidey freaks will then be exposed to GR. It's fantastic to have these two flicks/properties together within the same studio. Seeing them side by side at the Con will hopefully fuel talks of making them appear together on screen. I mean, if Sony was really smart, they'd add a little cameo of the spider-bugger in the GR movie, just to add hype to the Spidey flick and also make as all cream out pants in the meantime.

Cage showin' up eh? Shows he actually does care though, I never expected him not too. Great stuff. Great, Great, Great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"