Comic Con 2007

Retroman

Avenger
Reaction score
I sifted through the San Diego Comic Con's officia schedule (which starts on Thursday) and noticed that some members of the FF2 cast and crew will be present. Also it seems like there will be some sort of announcement with regards to the SS spin-off movie.If we're lucky maybe some answers on FF3 as well.

Comic-Con 2007 :: Programming for Thursday, July 26

3:45-5:15 Lionsgate Special Preview Panel— An exclusive behind the scenes look at Lionsgate's biggest upcoming releases: Peter Fonda (Ghost Rider) and Ben Foster (X-Men: The Last Stand) discuss a modern take on the classic western with a special preview of 3:10 To Yuma; Jessica Alba (Fantastic Four), Dane Cook (Employee of The Month), and director Mark Helfrich take you behind the comedy of Good Luck Chuck; horror master Clive Barker and the cast of Midnight Meat Train take you on a terror trip through hell; and director Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw II, Saw III), Tobin Bell (Saw I, II and III) and the filmmakers of Saw IV invite you to play a game in the cruel and deadly world of Jigsaw. Hall H
Comic-Con 2007 :: Programming for Friday, July 27

10:30-11:30 The Art of Adapting Comics to the Screen— As the cinematic renaissance of comic book–based films continues, here's your chance to learn what it takes to adapt these dream projects to the screen. Moderator Jeff Goldsmith (senior editor, Creative Screenwriting magazine) hosts a panel featuring Stan Lee (Fantastic Four), Don Payne (co-writer, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer), Mark Fergus (co-writer, Iron Man), Kevin Feige (president of production, Marvel Studios), and Mark Verheiden (Teen Titans). Room 5AB
Comic-Con 2007 :: Programming for Saturday, July 28

10:45-12:00 The Simpsons— Having just aired its 400th episode, The Simpsons has now released its first feature film. Join members of the team responsible for both and find out how they did it, including Matt Groening (creator and executive producer), Al Jean (executive producer/head writer), David Mirkin (former executive producer), Matt Selman (executive producer), Michael Price (co-executive producer), David Silverman (director of The Simpsons Movie), Don Payne (consulting producer), and Yeardley Smith (voice of Lisa Simpson). Moderated by Bill Morrison. Hall H

3:30-5:00 The Costume Designers Guild Presents Costume Centric: Designing Icons— Deborah Nadoolman Landis (Raiders of the Lost Ark), president of the Costume Designers Guild, Local 892 will interview costume designers Mary Vogt (The Fantastic Four: The Return of the Silver Surfer), Michael Wilkinson (300), and Mona May (Enchanted). There will be a Q&A as part of the program. Later in the evening, the CDG designers will be awarding the first ever CDG Prize for Outstanding Costume at the Comic-Con Masquerade. Room 30AB

strackfq6.jpg

4:30-5:30 Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski— It's a big summer for popular writer/producer/director J. Michael Straczynski, as his new direct-to-DVD feature Babylon 5: The Lost Tales debuts and he brings back Thor to his rightful place in the Marvel universe. JMS talks about these projects and more, including his upcoming film Changeling for Imagine Entertainment, which is being produced by Ron Howard, starring Angelina Jolie, and directed by Clint Eastwood. And then there's World War Z, and Goliath: The Story of David and that Silver Surfer movie, too... Room 6B
Comic-Con 2007 :: Programming for Sunday, July 29

10:30-11:45 Jack Kirby Tribute— Let’s face it: when it comes to comics, it’s Kirby’s World and we just live in it. 2007 has seen a bumper crop of Kirby projects, including the first volume of DC’s deluxe chronological reprinting of all the Fourth World stories, a major documentary about Jack on the Fantastic Four DVD, and Mark Evanier’s upcoming art book Kirby, King of Comics. Join Evanier as he talks to Neil Gaiman, Erik Larsen, Darwyn Cooke, Mike Royer, and members of the Kirby family about the lasting influence of the undisputed King of comics. Room 1AB
Source Links: 1 2 3 4

I don't think it will be an announcement from Fox, I thought Fox pulled out at the last minute....

I don't think it will be an announcement from Fox, I thought Fox pulled out at the last minute....
They did pull out but i can't imagine that the people i highlighted won't be asked about a possible FF3 or the the SS spin-off.

BTW Fox isn't turning up because Comic Con the content of their previews was too violent.

Was at Comic con just one day. The line to get in the place (and this is even with pre registration) was an hour an 45 minutes to get in. i seriously bet it was a mile and a quarter long. It snaked downtown and way away from the convention center. So as a result i missed the Jack Kirby thing at 10:30.

I did however see Stan "the man" Lee that afternoon. I'm going to post some things on that a bit later.

I wonder if Avi Arad will get out the tanning bed long enough to show his ass up at comic-con and apologize for Ghost Floper and Rise of the Surfer...

I wonder if Avi Arad will get out the tanning bed long enough to show his ass up at comic-con and apologize for Ghost Floper and Rise of the Surfer...
If anything, he'll probably call us all idiots for not liking what they did with Galactus.

Comic Con is off the hook, out of control, killer, far out, outta sight. Whatever colloquial exclamation you want to give it and from whatever era you want to borrow to describe it...it's a monster.

I do have to admit though....I'm getting more from the G 4 coverage than anyone person can soak up by themselves.

what exactly did happen with galactus? what exactly did ss do to him? are we to assume he is dead? was that his real form and if so did they intentionally not show his true form so they could save it for a ss spinoff?

Cloudactus was wiped out by a SS's sneeze.

Sure, he is not dead, but that was utterly reedeeculous by itself, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, Arad will have to apologize fo ROTS and GR till the last of his days on Earth. :oldrazz:

Cloudactus was wiped out by a SS's sneeze.

Sure, he is not dead, but that was utterly reedeeculous by itself, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, Arad will have to apologize fo ROTS and GR till the last of his days on Earth. :oldrazz:

Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"