Ghost Rider Casting Poll

Gr0oT

I AM GROOT
Reaction score
Ghost Rider is an inevitability in the MCU future so I'd thought I'd scour the general casting threads and Ghost Rider threads and pick all the suggestions for the Spirit of Vengeance I could find.

I've taken all suggestions given for Blaze and Ketch, so you are not only voting for your perfect casting but also for the version of the character which you want most.
I've chosen to take anonymity out of the equation in hopes that those who chose "Other" will clarify who they want so that in the future a better poll can be made.

:ghost:

Aaron Paul and Stephen Dorff are two intriguing choices.

I saw Dorff suggested for something else and threw him in there since I could somehow see it working.

Ultimately I really love the idea of Gosling.
I honestly thought I came up with that on my own and was disappointed when I saw an editorial on another comic site suggesting the casting.

It might seem uninspired in that case but really if you want to undo the damage done by Cage he'd be a great choice for a grounded, menacing interpretation of the Spirit of Vengeance.

I say menacing because there's something about Gosling that glints of the sociopathic. Apart from that he is an actual motorcycle driver, he definitely can play a bad boy, and in my opinion has the acting ability to pull off what seems like a preposterous character.

I personally don't think he'd work on a television series unless they threw Game of Thrones money at it so it would have to be a movie. A great way to integrate him in the MCU would be to introduce him in someone else's movie, such as a Doctor Strange sequel.

^I just cant see Gosling doing it, though I would love him to. I think Nikolaj Coster-Waldau would make an awesome Johnny Blaze though personally, would love to see him cast in the role.

Gosling did say that "Drive" was his superhero movie but I can still see him coming around if the material is at all interesting, and take into consideration that Ghost Rider will most likely wont be featured in anything for maybe 10 years, unless he shows up in Phase 3.

If MCU keeps snowballing in success in quality it just might be appealing to join in on something so special. Even actors like Michael Douglas are drawn into the magic of it all, the chance to be immortalized in an expansive cinematic universe.

Can Nikolaj pull off American well?

Okay Eddie Dean you can't just vote for Nicolas Cage to reprise his role and not explain why! Do you really feel he'd be an appropriate fit for the character later on in a new cinematic universe or was that the joke?

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is my choice for Doctor Strange. Aaron Paul would make a great Ghost Rider, and Norman Reedus is another interesting choice.
If Ghost Rider is going to happen, it would probably be in TV. Pretty costly visual effects wise for a tv series, but if the other Netflix shows do well enough I think Marvel would be willing to take the risk.

It all boils down to budget.
Both Ghost Rider movies were relatively cheap, the combined cost is less than Marvel's cheapest movies (140 million).
That said how much of those millions went to the few minutes of Ghost Rider effects?
I wouldn't want some measly 30 minutes of Ghost Rider footage dispersed across 13 hours of the series.
Plus I want a proper Mesphisto for once, I want a terrifying Blackheart for once and I have my doubts they could be achieved very well in that medium.

I could see Ghost Rider doing well on tv if they gave it a Game of Thrones sized budget, lol.

Around 6 million per episode could even make my dreams of a Brubaker Iron Fist to end up on Netflix... But honestly that doesn't seem so unreasonable when you think of it. If they're willing to spend minimum $140 million for a 2 hour feature film it doesn't so much to ask for 80 million for 13 episodes... But I have no clue if advertising and viewership on Netflix can make up for that...

I just looked something up and apparently the pilot to Agents of SHIELD cost $14 million dollars to make... And honestly that show mostly looks like a turd, so here's hoping that the Netflix people have a better handle on money.

This is probably why
18nk2d9wz98ltjpg.jpg

shield-plane001.jpg

Last edited:
Gosling did say that "Drive" was his superhero movie but I can still see him coming around if the material is at all interesting, and take into consideration that Ghost Rider will most likely wont be featured in anything for maybe 10 years, unless he shows up in Phase 3.

If MCU keeps snowballing in success in quality it just might be appealing to join in on something so special. Even actors like Michael Douglas are drawn into the magic of it all, the chance to be immortalized in an expansive cinematic universe.

Can Nikolaj pull off American well?

Okay Eddie Dean you can't just vote for Nicolas Cage to reprise his role and not explain why! Do you really feel he'd be an appropriate fit for the character later on in a new cinematic universe or was that the joke?

Yep he did American in Oblivion and it was a good accent, to me anyway.

Yep he did American in Oblivion and it was a good accent, to me anyway.

Not sure if I'll ever watch the movie but hey if he can pull it off then I'm down... So long as he stays with Game Of Thrones!

I see Nikolaj being suggested for all these other roles but the best one would be Dr Strange

Am I the only one who didn't mind Nicolas Cage as GR? I mean, the movies sucked, but I felt like he wasn't a bad Johnny Blaze.

I want to see a Ghost Rider that's a Bruce Springsteen type, a guy thats clearly over the hill but still has some fire burning within him- and all over him lol

Nic Cage is the only part of Ghost Rider I care about.

The way I see Cage in Ghost Rider is the same way I see Skittles on a piece of ****.
They might be the best thing about the piece of **** but they aren't good enough to overcome the **** they're embedded in.

Plus if they start over I'd rather they start fresh, there wasn't enough about Cage that sold me on him being Johnny Cage, it's basically just Cage overacting and being his crazy self which is totally fine for a laugh and a b-movie vibe but if he was in a good GR movie he'd just bring it down whereas in bad GR movies he elevated them.

Jensen Ackles...he already plays a Ghost Rider type on Supernatural.

Am I the only one who didn't mind Nicolas Cage as GR? I mean, the movies sucked, but I felt like he wasn't a bad Johnny Blaze.

I want to see a Ghost Rider that's a Bruce Springsteen type, a guy thats clearly over the hill but still has some fire burning within him- and all over him lol

Cage was the least of the GR movies problem's. But with Marvel now owning the rights, I doubt he would be involved in any with a new GR movie.

Of course he wouldn't.
Otherwise they'd have approached Sam Elliot to reprise the role of Thunderbolt Ross, but because they wanted to distinguish that this was part of their MCU they recast a suitable, if not quite as amazing William Hurt.

And unlike Elliot, Cage is by no means the ultimate rendition of GR, he was just a load of cheesy fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"